Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Milan Badelj  (Read 1372 times)

Cathal

Re: Milan Badelj
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 12:10:36 PM »

It's funny. A couple of years ago, I was rubbished for thinking Badelj was superior to Biglia and now he's here, everyone seems quite hot on him and I'm not as excited  :razz:

But a logical signing and a player that can do very well for us in whatever his role may be. And free. No real complaints.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 12:43:33 PM »

Yes he's hardly a signing to get really excited about but he is a very solid and useful player to have in the squad, especially in the defensive midfield area where we were not covered. As some have mentioned, he will be good to try and shut down games and give some help to Lucas when needed if the idea is to have a more solid midfield two in certain games.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 01:59:37 PM »

How well do people think Lucas and Badelj would function together? On paper you would think absolutely any sniff of a ball would be picked up and relaunched with that duo roving around.

Be keen to see if it works like so in practice.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2018, 02:03:45 PM »

If hes meant to start games (and with a salary like that you would expect him to), I too am afarid of the ffect it can have on Leiva. Lucas seems most comfortbale on a very central role ahead of our defenders, lets see how he does when he has to share that space.
FORZA LAZIO!

Cathal

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »

How well do people think Lucas and Badelj would function together? On paper you would think absolutely any sniff of a ball would be picked up and relaunched with that duo roving around.

Be keen to see if it works like so in practice.

Reminds me of the Ledesma-Biglia debate. Yeah, they could physically be on the pitch at the same time, but that didn't work out for either of them and it became a choice.

I'm more optimistic about Leiva-Badelj because Leiva has more strings to his bow than his predecessors - and perhaps Badelj does also - but I still have slight doubts about their ability to co-exist.

They will want to do the same sort of things in the same area of the pitch.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2018, 12:54:32 AM »

Badelj-Leiva its more like Ledesma-Matuzalem.

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 10:42:53 AM »

As has already been mentioned in the tactics discussion, Leiva and Badelj can definitely co-exist on the pitch. That's even without changes to our current setup. Badelj can play the position of Parolo, but interpreting it differently. Better at holding the position, more technical skill, but less running than Parolo. Although Badelj has a great lung too.

In the end, the added quality will serve us well. Also don't forget that Leiva could miss some time and need some rest. In this case Badelj is a high caliber replacement.

I wouldn't call Leiva's performance at Salzburg bad per se, but it was certainly one of his worst in a Lazio shirt. Parolo was indeed bad that day. Both looked fatigued in that game. With a player like Badelj ready to take some games off them (and don't forget about Berisha too), fatigue will be less of a problem.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 12:35:16 AM »

Great match. Great ball control. Good start.

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 04:50:33 PM »

Great performance. I was in anger when he was subbed off. Immediately knew we'd lose the little control we had in midfield and indeed we handed Napoli the keys without Badelj. Don't know if it was fitness related, but to me it seemed he had enough in his tank, since he had a decent solo run that created a good chance shorty after being subbed off.

Parolo lost a step or two, this should be evident by now. At least against top tier opponents, Parolo doesn't cut it anymore. I'd love to see Leiva and Badelj in midfield. Not necessary in 3421, but in our current 3511 with Badelj taking Parolo's place. Would make our midfield more solid and give our game more control.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2018, 04:54:21 PM »

Great performance. I was in anger when he was subbed off. Immediately knew we'd lose the little control we had in midfield and indeed we handed Napoli the keys without Badelj. Don't know if it was fitness related, but to me it seemed he had enough in his tank, since he had a decent solo run that created a good chance shorty after being subbed off.

Parolo lost a step or two, this should be evident by now. At least against top tier opponents, Parolo doesn't cut it anymore. I'd love to see Leiva and Badelj in midfield. Not necessary in 3421, but in our current 3511 with Badelj taking Parolo's place. Would make our midfield more solid and give our game more control.

It will occur this season.  Leiva is the undisputed starting DM and Badelj is a topsigning on a high wage.  He's not going to be just a sub as he can do both roles. 

And when Badelj has to sub Leiva, Murgia can sub Parolo.  Normally Berisha will sub Sergej, but Inzaghi might add ot his roles also who's to say.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4