Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Joaquin Correa  (Read 2478 times)

Terzino

• Aquila Senior
Re: Joaquin Correa
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2018, 08:25:53 AM »

I thought he showed some skill apart from those final moments. But I think that Inzaghi can help him to becoming the final product. Look how far Luis Alberto came from when he first got here.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2018, 01:24:27 AM »

Great goal :band04:

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2018, 01:38:54 AM »

Felipe Who?  :beer:

Cathal

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2018, 08:19:27 AM »

Correa's general play has been underwhelming, so I hope that goal brings his game along.

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2018, 10:53:32 AM »

Correa's general play has been underwhelming, so I hope that goal brings his game along.
Underwhelming is too harsh. He tries to do too much at times, which is understandable. Wants to impress Inzaghi for more playing time. You can clearly see he's skilled and cares. Give him some time.

Cathal

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2018, 11:08:11 AM »

Underwhelming is too harsh. He tries to do too much at times, which is understandable. Wants to impress Inzaghi for more playing time. You can clearly see he's skilled and cares. Give him some time.

He's our second most expensive signing in 15 years. He was playing in the Champions League last season. He was capped for Argentina last year. He has previous experience in Serie A. And he's in his mid-20s.

I'm happy to give him time as I know he will need it to break into the starting XI, but the guy has looked more like a YouTube freestyler than a professional footballer so far.

That's 'underwhelming' in my book. It's not unreasonable to have expected more all things considered.

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 11:16:58 AM »

He's our second most expensive signing in 15 years. He was playing in the Champions League last season. He was capped for Argentina last year. He has previous experience in Serie A. And he's in his mid-20s.

I'm happy to give him time as I know he will need it to break into the starting XI, but the guy has looked more like a YouTube freestyler than a professional footballer so far.

That's 'underwhelming' in my book. It's not unreasonable to have expected more all things considered.
How many minutes has he already played for us? Give this guy a break! It's not like he's above 30 years, he's still young. He was brought in for his pace and dribbling, and he showed both when he scored. Perfect FA replacement, who even offers some size. If we want to push for CL, the money we paid for Correa is peanuts.

Cathal

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 11:30:25 AM »

How many minutes has he already played for us? Give this guy a break!

I'm not getting on the guy's case - I'm responding to your 'Felipe who?' comment. And in the other thread, I'm one of several suggesting we should cool the jets on Correa.

I've no interest in Felipe Anderson at this point, but I'm struggling to see how one Correa goal in among some pretty ordinary to poor play justifies having the audacity to say 'Felipe who?' at this point.

I also don't understand why I have to wait to form an opinion on Correa, when you've clearly had enough time to form your own opinion on him?

All I'm saying is I think Correa has been very ordinary so far. Regardless of price tag or his CV, he's still been very ordinary.

That's in no way writing the guy off or attacking the guy. It's just saying what I see and what, in my opinion, everyone should be seeing at this point.

As I said, I hope the goal brings about some much needed improvement. Because if he doesn't improve, this is a bust signing. He won't start games playing like this.

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 11:54:28 AM »

No issue with your oppinion. I understand your thinking, but it's too early in the season to be dead set on writing him off, using the term bust.

If he'd be a complete player, he'd never join Lazio. We as Lazio always have to find players who are close to worldclass in one particular area - like Ciro's finishing, LA's passing, Sergej's size/skill mix, hence Correa's dribbling - and put them in a system where their strengths can shine and don't expose their weaknesses.

My 'Felipe who?' comment was a bit sarcastic. Correa has a long way to go to accomplish what FA did for us, but last night's goal was a step in the right direction. There is no doubt he can cause opponents headache in one vs one, and that's exactly his job description for Lazio. You sound like you were expecting the next Messi who can pass, shoot and dribble on a worldclass level. :beer:

Cathal

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2018, 12:05:30 PM »

I understand your thinking, but it's too early in the season to be dead set on writing him off, using the term bust.

If he'd be a complete player, he'd never join Lazio.

This is why I am making my point though - his age, transfer fee etc. means we cannot look at him as a 'talent' with room for improvement. He is the most expensive player in this squad. He needs to be one of our best players at some point to avoid being a bust. That's the reality.

Sure, I can wait 3 or 4 years for that if necessary, but while he is doing 376 useless stepovers per game, am I supposed to pretend this is good stuff? Because it's not. It's not going to take him to the top either.

I'm not expecting the next Messi, but I am hoping for an 18 million euro player to show me something I wouldn't expect from Pedro Neto or Mattia Sprocati. Discounting stepovers, tripping over the football and a goal that came about after some horrific defending, I've yet to see it.

But I'll wait  :beer:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8