Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Poll : 3511 with Parolo or 3421 with Badelj  (Read 992 times)

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquilotto
Re: Poll : 3511 with Parolo or 3421 with Badelj
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 12:59:16 AM »

It's really useless to throw the labels 3421, 3511 or whatever around. In reality, the exact shape on the pitch between all those labels varies not only from defensive to offensive phase, but from situation to situation.

3421 doesn't automatically mean we have just 2 CMs. It could be interpreted on the pitch as 2 DM + 2 CM, so basically 4 in central midfield. Of course if the 2 behind Ciro are very offensive, you could call it 343 as well. And if one of the 2 behind Ciro drops deeper into CM position (SMS) and the other acts as deep lying forward (LA), it's basically the same 3511 as last season.

As for the 2 DMs in 3421, you hardly ever see 2 true holding mids these days. One of the 2 always supports attack. It's all about being tighter in the defensive phase than about sacrifying a player when attacking.

Croatia has a whole different system, but just watch Badelj's goal at the World Cup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV3f3ZS2gEQ
If his shirt was sky blue, I'd swear it's Parolo finishing after arriving late from behind into the penalty area. So while we could in theory see more 3421 on paper, it won't really change our attacks. It's mainly to make our defensive shape tighter. This is something Inzaghi (and all of us) have learned this season, when we couldn't hang on to important leads.

Ultimately, I wouldn't worry much about formations. I'm just happy that we have quality depth for a change, which should keep our midfield fresh and loaded until the end of the season.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2018, 10:37:03 AM »

It's really useless to throw the labels 3421, 3511 or whatever around. In reality, the exact shape on the pitch between all those labels varies not only from defensive to offensive phase, but from situation to situation.

3421 doesn't automatically mean we have just 2 CMs. It could be interpreted on the pitch as 2 DM + 2 CM, so basically 4 in central midfield. Of course if the 2 behind Ciro are very offensive, you could call it 343 as well. And if one of the 2 behind Ciro drops deeper into CM position (SMS) and the other acts as deep lying forward (LA), it's basically the same 3511 as last season.

As for the 2 DMs in 3421, you hardly ever see 2 true holding mids these days. One of the 2 always supports attack. It's all about being tighter in the defensive phase than about sacrifying a player when attacking.

Sure, that's why i call it Inzaghi's hybrid 3511.  We saw 3421 on the field last season in phases plenty of times.  But there's always a basic setup, that's what the poll is about.

Badelj is not the dynamic type like Parolo but a more controlling player.  Therefore with him in either starting formation it changes things.  But he would surely be somewhat higher up then Leiva supporting the attack if both would be on.  As what you were saying about that and i surely agree with.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 01:00:08 PM »

for the beginning, i stay with the starting eleven from the last season (without De Vrij naturally).
The new ones has to prove something first.

And when it's time they are proving, i would prefer a 4-2-3-1 with Badelj and Leiva in a line in front of the defense - but only when we need to close down a game. 4 men defence is not big tested by Inzaghi...so no useless tries please.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 01:02:28 PM »

I voted 3-5-1-1 because I feel the results we got with this formation are way too good for Inzaghi to switch around. If Inzaghi is considering switching around to concede less goals then a 4 man backline would make more sense imo..

It would be interesting to see formations such as this, but it probably won't happen because it's a huge change.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 01:08:56 PM by ilsemprelaziale »
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 01:33:09 PM »

You won't see it because Acerbi and Radu will fight for the same spot in a back four unless we move Radu to left-back (which we would).

If we don't rate Marusic as a right wing-back, there's no hope for him as a right-back. I suspect Patric would love that role, but few love Patric.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2018, 12:43:20 AM »

I voted 3511 with Badelj instead Parolo.
 Reasons :
 -With this defense we need someone who knows to took the ball(not starting with Lulic-or CD-s the action).
 -SMS will have more freedom
 -The running part we should cover with RB-LB. If Inzaghi rate so much Marusic than lets see him more into the game-not just a visitors in his side.
 -With Caceres at RB and Lulic/Durmishi LB I see more chance for switch the tactic during the match. Caceres is more safety option than Marusic/Patric which leaves us with four men last line.....of course the focus in attack will be left side.
 I think that Badelj technique could help us more than Parolo runs.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 01:17:12 PM »

You won't see it because Acerbi and Radu will fight for the same spot in a back four unless we move Radu to left-back (which we would).

If we don't rate Marusic as a right wing-back, there's no hope for him as a right-back. I suspect Patric would love that role, but few love Patric.

+1

Moving to 4 is simply reckless with this roster.  We don't have a single fullback (except Patric) fitted for Serie A but have 5 wingbacks.  We could work on the central pairs with Acerbi, Radu, Wallace and Luiz but that would take a summerpreperation.  And we didn't spend a second doing that.  Always 3511.

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquilotto
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 01:29:28 PM »

Yeah it would be nice to switch from 352 to 4231 in a pinch, or from game to game, to surprise opponents. But realistically it isn't possible with our squad. Like Evesto said, LB Radu LCB Acerbi and two out of Wallace/Luiz/Caceres would be our best bet. And that's not even accounting for the countless training hours Inzaghi has put into the 3 man defense, how long the 4 man defense would take to gel and our lack of out and out wingers.

I wouldn't rule it out per se. But if we see a 4 man defense at some point in the 1st half of the season, it would probably mean that we are well below expectations. If all goes well and we fulfil our aspirations, we won't see a 4 man defense.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2018, 03:13:52 AM »

btw,this is great poll  :offlag:

Quintus

• Aquilotto
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2018, 05:53:13 PM »

Welcome to all the new players. For me the best tactical option for the start of the season is the following :

Strakosha
       Luiz Felipe     Acerbi       Radu
Patric                                                Lulic
                         Parolo Leiva
              SMS                       Luis Alberto
                          Immobile

We need fighting spirit of Patric, and his offensive skills (with Lulic's one) to compensate for more axial game of SMS and Luis Alberto. Marusic for Patric, Caceres for Luiz Felipe or Radu, Badelj for Parolo are the options I see.

I'm impressed to start the season guys !  :offlag:
Allez la Lazio !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4