Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Rate the 18/19 Lazio summer mercato  (Read 237 times)

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Rate the 18/19 Lazio summer mercato
« on: August 17, 2018, 09:44:40 PM »

We've seen different opinions about our signings (and the players who left) and so I thought we should have a poll where people get an opportunity to rate our mercato.

As a reminder here's a list of arrivals and departures

Arrivals:

Joaquín Correa 15,00 Mill. €
Francesco Acerbi 10,00 Mill. €
Valon Berisha 7,50 Mill. €
Riza Durmisi 6,50 Mill. €
Mattia Sprocati 2,50 Mill. €
Milan Badelj free
Silvio Proto free
Djavan Anderson free

Departures:

Felipe Anderson 38,00 Mill. €
Filip Djordjevic free
Federico Marchetti free
Stefan de Vrij free
Djavan Anderson Loan
Davide De Gennaro Loan
Sprocati loan
Palombi loan

There's even more fringe players to mention, but I doubt they will make much of a different. If you want you can find a full list of our transfers here:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/lazio-rom/transfers/verein/398

Other things to consider:

If we're to believe what the media says then Sergej, Ciro and Luis Alberto were sought after by other clubs. they are still here meaning we kept our maybe 3 best players from last season.

The centre back situation is still worrying. We lost De Vrij and replaced him with Acerbi. But the players who struggled last season are still here. Also questions raised around the RWB position and the fact we still only have Caicedo as vice Ciro.

Our midfield looks very strong and the issues we had with depth last season may have been fixed since we now have Badelj and Berisha. 
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Rate the 18/19 Lazio summer mercato
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 10:51:46 PM »

I went with the second option. 

positive :

- didn't expect a talent like Correa, expected more unproven talent out of Brazil or Argentina
- signing Badelj seemed like fantasy to me because we still have Leiva
- Berisha was a very nice unexpected surprise and important signing towards the future
- Durmisi turned out to be a necessaty with Lukaku's situation, interesting player
- Acerbi to replace De Vrij
- Proto an upgrade to Vargic
- good incoming cash on Felipe Anderson

negative :

- Caicedo  :twinkle:
- Basta still RWB backup
- CB situation to risky for my taste

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 01:48:36 AM »

Negative :
 Long list
 Positive :
 Sergej-LA-Ciro-Strakosha are stil here.
 Badelj
 Corea
 Berisha.
 I think that Durmishi will be smart move(I dont have doubts that he will be more usefull than Marusic-Patric).
 Btw we stil have Salernitana to help us  :wow:

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 02:59:55 AM »

Best thing: Keeping Sergej, Milinkovic, Savic
Good signing: Berisha, Badelj
I am not satisfied with signing: Durmisi, Correa, Proto, Acerbi

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 05:25:41 AM »

I vote above expectation since we really strenghten our midfield n keep the core of our players last season except de Vrij.

But, I'm not happy we cant offload Caicedo, Bastos, n Basta in order to get better replacement for their role.
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
FORZA LAZIO!!!

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 09:29:13 AM »

I went with the middle option I was also leaning slightly towards above expectations

Lets start with the positive

Our midfield is possibly the strong in the league now. Well that's if the good players from last season can find the same level they did last year and if Berisha and Badelj can have a positive impact. I believe they can and so I am very happy with the midfield.

I also believe Joaquin Correa can replace Felipe although he might need some time to adjust. I hope we will see him play a lot this season because he deserves a chance.

The negative for me

Last season we had three major issues. the centreback situation, the right wingback situation and the fact we don't have a vice Ciro.

The club only replaced De vrij with Acerbi. I am happy with Acerbi coming here, but I don't believe Wallace and Bastos are good enough and I am also not sure Luiz Felipe is ready to play at this level. I feel it's way too early for Luiz felipe to be a starter and yet that's how it's going to end up because we're going to see the same level of shit from Wallace and Bastos as we did last season.

Other than that the striker situation and the RWB situation has not been resolved. Caicedo fumbled and flopped when he needed to cover for Ciro..didn't look like an experienced striker at all. As for Marusic and Basta, both are incredibly injury prone and struggle with fitness. Also both didn't show much last season. I would have been very happy to see a new RWB in the team this season.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 09:33:48 AM by ilsemprelaziale »
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Addi1900

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 01:27:13 PM »

In my opinion, for now it's an average mercato. If the new arrivals improve the team it will be an above average mercato. I'm reserving judgement until I see these guys in action. Felipe's deal was good value for money but I don't believe Correa will have the same impact Felipe did last season.
I too play the banjo
Pages: [1]