Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Serie A: SS Lazio - SSC Napoli 1-2, 18/08/2018  (Read 1367 times)

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: SS Lazio - SSC Napoli 1-2, 18/08/2018
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 10:51:14 PM »

Strakosha poor, he was lucky the Napoli player made a foul or his error would have cost a goal

Caceres solid until he switched his brain off at the Napoli equaliser. Again a Lazio defender who canít keep a cool head for the entire match.

Acerbi solid..Radu not so much. I didnít see enough of Luiz Felipe to rate him. Bastos looked like a clown several times..as usual..although he did save us in the end..

Marusic piss poor again. Sloppy ball control, sloppy passing and poor crossing. His side was the primary target for the opposition again..coincidence?

I thought Badelj did good, I liked his aggression and willingness to fight for the team.

Sergej awful match, just awful. Maybe we shouldnít expect much from him in the next month or two. Heís behind everyone else with fitness due to the World Cup.

Parolo fighting but also a poor match. Our midfield sucked big time today.

Luis Alberto extremely poor today, maybe the poorest player on the pitch.

Not much to work with for Ciro, but what a goal. He did his job.

We were unlucky with acerbis header hitting the post at the end, but truth is that we deserved to lose. Very disappointing performance all around and I now have even less confidence in this defence. Having Acerbi instead of De Vrij wonít make the other defenders stop their brain seizures.

We better hope for one hell of a performance against Juve because otherwise we start this season with two straight losses and I am not sure this team can cope with that. This Lazio is very fragile mentally and too many bad matches in a row will hurt us a lot.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 10:53:20 PM »

This Lazio is very fragile mentally and too many bad matches in a row will hurt us a lot.

And what makes you think that? There are no signs whatsoever that this is the case, weve played 90 minutes ffs, youre just looking for things to complain about.

circleplus

• Aquilotto
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 10:55:04 PM »

LA and Milinkovic were both inactive in this match.
The team dropped too deep and gave away too many possession by poor passing and were unable to recover the ball.
The formation 3511 may be the reason allow Napoli to play their favorite through balls and diagonal passings. But I dont know why Lazio players hardly recovered the ball only except the finally 10mins, the team dropped too deep in attacking while was totally inefficient to cut down the passing of Napoli. I am not sure such strategy was instructed by Inzaghi, but it is surely like committing suicide to let Napoli to win the midfield and give them rooms and chances to look for the player cutting into the box to pass.
LA and Milinkovic are not in form while the opponents really shut them off.

Lazio deserved to lose by the wrong strategy, by the poor form of key players, and by the poor level of players like Marusic.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 10:56:22 PM »

And yeah I wonder what makes me think weíre fragile mentally. Could it be because the team has a track record of collapsing when things donít go our way?  How many times did it happen last season..we were cruising, oppositions scores..full panic mode..

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2018, 10:56:49 PM »

There's a lot of excuses you can offer for this performance. I've two main ones:

1. It's day one of a new season and the free-flowing football that got us results last season is going to take while to freely flow.

2. Secondly, our defenders need time. Acerbi is new to the club. Marusic missed pre-season. Luiz Felipe and Bastos were not trained much in the roles they played tonight and Caceres hasn't featured at all for us at left wing-back. And ultimately, both Napoli goals were similar actions to goals we saw against Arsenal and Dortmund - Acerbi all over the place on the first goal, changing his man, confusing Radu and Marusic tracking back into a 5-man line and leaving a man completely free, which Basta did in pre-season.

But, being completely honest, I think our approach was all wrong tonight and I feel more worried about the team tonight than I did when we drew 0-0 to SPAL at the beginning of last season. Maybe I'll go into more depth at some point when I've processed what I just saw, but I have real negative sensations just now.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2018, 10:58:51 PM »

Which didnt happen today. We lost, we didnt collapse. Again, we didnt win so according to you were fragile, we collapse, we threw it away. Utter crap.

Hands up who, after the draw was made, thought we would win the first two games. Im gonna bet none of you. But now, as usual when we lose, its all doom and gloom. Get a grip.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 11:00:19 PM »

Greta job dude..you didnít even read what I wrote  :bravo:

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2018, 11:01:09 PM »

I try not to

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2018, 11:03:03 PM »

This Lazio is very fragile mentally and too many bad matches in a row will hurt us a lot.

And what makes you think that? There are no signs whatsoever that this is the case, weve played 90 minutes ffs, youre just looking for things to complain about.
Yeah, whats there to complain about when you lose home and not even put an effort on it? Life is beautiful.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2018, 11:03:32 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9