Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Serie A: SS Lazio - SSC Napoli 1-2, 18/08/2018  (Read 1551 times)

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Serie A: SS Lazio - SSC Napoli 1-2, 18/08/2018
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2018, 11:03:36 PM »

Not much to work with for Ciro, but what a goal. He did his job.

I don't think so. Ciro had a chance to make it 2-1 from corner kick when he hit the side net. I was disappointed not to see it in and believe it was our best chance post-break.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2018, 11:04:24 PM »

The only thing correct is that we lost at home, hardly a shock result. I certainly wouldnt accuse them of not putting the effort in. I assume you didnt watch.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2018, 11:07:28 PM »

The only thing correct is that we lost at home, hardly a shock result. I certainly wouldnt accuse them of not putting the effort in. I assume you didnt watch.

2 people certainly didn't do enough - milinkovic and alberto

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2018, 11:08:18 PM »

You kidding right? What did we do after Insigne goal? Nothing. But it was Napoli home, we are supposed to lose right. Loser mentality.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2018, 11:08:37 PM »

New season, same story. Completely disoriented when Napoli quickly switch sides.

Shame about that hit on the post in the 90th.

Forza Lazio
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2018, 11:11:51 PM »

2 people certainly didn't do enough - milinkovic and alberto

That i would agree with, they certainly didnt have good games. But on the whole, I wouldnt say the team didnt put the effort in, and to be honest i wouldnt level the blame at anyone specifically.

First half i thought we were the best team by far. Should definitely have defended better for their equaliser, ball watching, a bad error. Not excusing it, but the first game of the season is when errors like this are more likely to happen, time will tell if its only down to that or if it becomes an issue.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2018, 11:19:05 PM »

There's a lot of excuses you can offer for this performance. I've two main ones:

1. It's day one of a new season and the free-flowing football that got us results last season is going to take while to freely flow.

2. Secondly, our defenders need time. Acerbi is new to the club. Marusic missed pre-season. Luiz Felipe and Bastos were not trained much in the roles they played tonight and Caceres hasn't featured at all for us at left wing-back. And ultimately, both Napoli goals were similar actions to goals we saw against Arsenal and Dortmund - Acerbi all over the place on the first goal, changing his man, confusing Radu and Marusic tracking back into a 5-man line and leaving a man completely free, which Basta did in pre-season.

But, being completely honest, I think our approach was all wrong tonight and I feel more worried about the team tonight than I did when we drew 0-0 to SPAL at the beginning of last season. Maybe I'll go into more depth at some point when I've processed what I just saw, but I have real negative sensations just now.

Hence my critisizm before the game about swithing to Ramos on RCB, see what good it did.
Almost the entire summer Acerbi had to get used the Radu & Wallace next to him and now to start against possbile our worst opponent Ramos is on.  Sorry, but that simply cannot stand in my book, no matter what other circumstances.

The whole concept stands on Acerbi, with a lot of pressure on his shoulders.  Like just said, the situations from Arsenal & Dortmund continued.  A little like expected. 

Maybe less focus on attack also during preperations, since Sergej & Alberto seemed rather clueless.

Addi1900

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2018, 11:23:12 PM »

I agree with the mental frailty. Var bails us out and what happens? We concede in the very next attack, Chievo did the same vs Juve. I think this team lacks characters and I guess we will see the same mental collapses like last season vs Salzburg and Inter. On the plus side Correa impressed me.
I too play the banjo

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2018, 11:24:59 PM »

and i simply don't get how we didn't prepare defensively the whole summer, every time we face a fast football team, we look like a junior team

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2018, 11:27:05 PM »

You kidding right? What did we do after Insigne goal? Nothing. But it was Napoli home, we are supposed to lose right. Loser mentality.

Time to reopen your "coward" thread again?
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
FORZA LAZIO!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9