Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Serie A: Juventus - Lazio, Saturday, 25-08-2018  (Read 2504 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Juventus - Lazio, Saturday, 25-08-2018
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2018, 10:34:17 AM »

This game comes at the perfect time.

Inzaghi should sit the players down and go over our two wins over Juventus last season. The Supercoppa, you could say, was another 'blackout' but we found a way to emerge victorious and the league game, we did exactly what Napoli just did to us this weekend - came from behind and held on.

Lazio is a unique club in that when things are not going well, we've a tendency to make things worse and when things are going well, we've the ability to ride the wave and achieve great things. That's largely down to the high-pressure environment of Rome where the players either feel like everyone is getting at them or behind them. It either works for you or against you, and in an extreme manner.

We've yet to see Inzaghi in a crisis, but right now, it feels like we're heading for one. End of last season, beginning of this season - has the potential to go wrong in a big way.

But our games with Juventus are a reminder to everyone that there's a lot good about us and it's about finding that again, and what better place to find it than where we had it not so long ago. That's the message that needs to filter to the players. Forget last season. Forget the 'blackouts'. They're happening because it's in your mind. Get it out of your head now, and go play. We have to think like that.

Jiwa

• Aquilotto
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2018, 10:37:20 AM »

Strakosha performance is important in this match. He canít make one single mistake. He really makes me worries. Perhaps Proto, with full preparations with the new CB is safer option.
"Football is Freedom, a whole universe." Bob Marley

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquilotto
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 11:04:02 AM »

Strakosha
Bastos - Acerbi - Radu
Caceres - Badelj - Leiva - Lulic
Correa - Luis Alberto
Ciro

Assuming Ramos is out. Parolo doesn't cut it against the quick, skillful players of Juve. Badelj was great imo, and will help Leiva to boss the midfield. Either Sergej or LA need a break, but can't afford to bench both. I'd start LA, if only for set pieces. Correa and Ciro can hurt Juve on the counter. I could live with Caceres at RCB and Marusic at RWB, but we gonna need smart players to get a result there. Looking at the 4 I suggest in front of our defense (Caceres - Badelj - Leiva - Lulic) that's definitely lots of experience and smartness, which could be just what we need to hold a not yet 100% clicking Juve in check.

I have no worries that Leiva won't work with Badelj. But if they indeed interfere with each other early in the game, I'd put Badelj higher into the Parolo role.

Bonucci-Chielini know Ciro well and will for sure play the offside trap on him. That's why I'd love to have Correa running into the box from the deep.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:06:20 AM by Ghost of Felipe Anderson »

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2018, 11:38:14 AM »

I don't think Inzaghi is going to change tactic for this one although the 3-5-1-1 is going to be a 5-3-2 for long periods of the match. Inzaghi will probably play the same way we did last time against Juve.

Simone Inzaghi Tactics | Lazio’s 5-3-2 mid-block against Juventus

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquilotto
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2018, 11:55:02 AM »

I don't think Inzaghi is going to change tactic for this one although the 3-5-1-1 is going to be a 5-3-2 for long periods of the match. Inzaghi will probably play the same way we did last time against Juve.

Simone Inzaghi Tactics | Lazio’s 5-3-2 mid-block against Juventus

I don't care if we stay in the same 3511 shape or call it 3421. Badelj will win more duels than Parolo and is calmer on the ball. That's the main point of my 3421 illustration.

Also keep in mind that Juve doesn't play 3 man defense anymore. They play it out of the back with their 4 man defense being supported by Pjanic and Emre Can, or Khedira. So that's 6 players to play out of the back. Don't forget Bonucci being back again who is a superb passer for a defender. So my guess is, compared to your vid, that Juve will find a way to bring the ball out of the back. Plus they have worldclass wingers who can beat our wingbacks one-on-one, especially when their fullbacks overlap and put our players in a bind.

It won't be easy by any means. But winning the battle in midfield is crucial. I don't think we gonna be successful if Inzaghi tries to copy our recent wins. My formula would be to win the ball in midfield and quickly transition to Ciro and Correa. If no quick launch is possible, control the ball with Leiva, Badelj and LA. Sergej needs a break.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2018, 12:12:39 PM »

I think Badelj and Berisha could send Leiva and Parolo to the bench.

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2018, 01:33:18 PM »

After his last season, I don't thin anybody can send Leiva to the bench.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2018, 01:40:48 PM »

After his last season, I don't thin anybody can send Leiva to the bench.

I agree. I wasn't impressed with Badelj against Napoli and the more I think about it, the more I think I wasn't impressed because he was simply inferior to Leiva. Really, I just missed Leiva badly on the night.

I still don't know about Badelj taking Parolo's spot in the team. Our loss of form at the end of last season coincided with Parolo being out of the team. Yes, he hasn't looked as influential in games over the last 2-3 years as he was in 2014-15, but Lazio put points on the board when he plays and struggle to do so when he's out of the team, so I can't help but think his performances may be deceiving.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2018, 01:48:32 PM »

Leiva on the bench?!  :what:

If Immobile would not have had such a perfect season, Leiva would have been by far the best player in my opinion when we talk about 17/18.

In my opinion, both Leiva and Lulic were heavily missed on Saturday. Both incredible important, both made the complete preseason.

Badelj was really ok - i see that a bit different to Cathal, because Badelj was one who really looked calm on the ball, showed always that he has a plan what to do with and without the ball. He is for sure no Leiva, but i would say that he can match the first 11 place with Parolo. Add to that - he didn't have the time to adapt in our squad - only about 14 days - and for that, i was happy with his performance. Didn't expect that.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »

Let's face it - unless we get our act together until Saturday we are gonna lose this one.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13