Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How will Lazio do in Serie A 18/19  (Read 601 times)

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
How will Lazio do in Serie A 18/19
« on: August 20, 2018, 09:03:09 PM »

A little late, but now that the Mercato is over here's the yearly poll where you get the chance to vote on where you think what spot the team will finish in the league this season. Last year we had 64 people voting so lets see if we can beat that number  :Esflag: :band04:

Here's a link for you if you want an overview of the transfers the club did this season

https://www.transfermarkt.com/lazio-rom/transfers/verein/398

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
Re: How will Lazio do in Serie A 18/19
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 09:25:06 PM »

Better late than never. But I can see Saturdays game completely affecting the results of the poll.

My heart says 3rd or 4th but my head says Europa League. As usual, going with the heart.

3rd or 4th it is. We have a solid team that is getting used to playing with each other, kept most of our key starts and replaced adequately those that we didn't. Not to mention quality players came in which can really give a hand in terms of quality depth, something which I think cost us the CL last season.

Had we managed to get a striker to sub Immobile that Inzaghi actually rates, added some quality in the RWB and RCB I would have maybe even opted for second place. In the end, no one has a "perfect" market and Juve fans will be complaining Higuain and Caldara left, Roma fans will complain Naingo let, Inter will complain they didn't get Modric or Vidal, Milan will complain they did not get SMS and the list goes on.

If Inzaghi can get their minds to it and convince this team they are quality and one of the best in the league, then I do not see why would not reach the CL. And I believe he can and he is the man for it.
FORZA LAZIO!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 10:42:46 PM »

Delivered my most postive vote on 3/4 place, wich is certainly possible.

Disappointed to see a vote out of the European places.

:stendvl:

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 04:59:27 AM »

well at least there's no salvezza option, that is optimistic enough for us Laziale :whistle:

Vote for CL spot, we came so close last season and even with others strengthened themselves,  I dont think we're getting weaker

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 08:09:25 AM »

I voted 6th. I just don't feel as positive about this season as the last couple and therefore, voted that we'll finish lower in the table.

Can't really give a better reason than that. We have the potential to finish comfortably in the Top 4 and we're probably too good to finish too far outside the Top 6, but just somehow think we'll fall somewhere in between.

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 08:29:05 AM »

I'm usually realistic but this time I went with the optimism and chose 3rd/4th. We should have finished 4th last season and I think we are strengthened so UCL it is.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 08:57:27 AM »

5th.

Definitely capable of 3rd/4th, We have the skills but not that big team mentality that is required to step up. If Inzaghi can work on that, then the sky is the limit. But for now, Europa League is my expectation.

Again, all this provided Ciro stays fit  :whistle:
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 09:45:34 AM »

Voted 5th.

I think we are stronger than last year overall.. our defense is still weak and id have preferred another signing along with Acerbi, but if Inzaghi switches to a back 3 of Radu, Acerbi, Caceres,  and keeps Bastos off the pitch, then id feel better.
Weve added quality depth in midfield, and im not worried about our attack.

However, teams around us, Juve, Roma, Napoli and the Milan clubs, have also strenghthened, so overall I dont think the standings change much from last season. I think those, and us, will make up the top 6.

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 10:23:41 AM »

6th.
we breathe LAZIO

Agent Orange

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 12:36:57 PM »

I voted outside Europa spots. I base my voting on really nothing.
Perhaps hung-over from last season who was epic.
But i think we need another type of keeper and i believe players like Durmisi, Correa isnt CL material.
I hope im wrong and i tend to think like this everytime we start a new season, hoping im wrong ofcourse.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 12:38:51 PM by Agent Orange »
Against modern football!
Pages: [1] 2