Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Serie A: Juventus - SS Lazio 2-0, 25/08/2018  (Read 1113 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Serie A: Juventus - SS Lazio 2-0, 25/08/2018
« on: August 25, 2018, 05:36:08 PM »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:55:38 PM by Evesto »

Arti

• Aquilotto
Re: Serie A: Juventus - SS Lazio 2-0, 25/08/2018
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 07:58:52 PM »

Solid game. I want to see Correa from the beginning with Frosinone. Strakosha had some good intervences but I would like to see Proto as a GK. It's more reliable.

DAJE!

sniperpon

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 08:01:07 PM »

This wasn't a good performance from us, but I'm actually feeling more confident after this than I was after Napoli.

We have clear qualities: Lucas' ball winning, I thought Badelj looked really sharp in shifting the ball around, Immobile is running after everything and seems pretty sharp (even with his miserable "Who Scored" rating today, lol). I think we're a strong team overall.

The biggest problem which I can see if that both Alberto and Sergej are totally out of form: we need them to be much tidier on the ball, so they can focus on making plays. If we can get one or both of them going, we'll start creating a lot more chances.

I also think that if Wallace can play like he did today for most of the match-- I lost count of how many passes he cut out-- our defensive problems will start to sort out. Obviously, it's all between the ears with him.

Jiwa

• Aquilotto
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 08:01:12 PM »

Enough with Strakosha. We need to bench him.
"Football is Freedom, a whole universe." Bob Marley

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 08:05:21 PM »

I also think that if Wallace can play like he did today for most of the match-- I lost count of how many passes he cut out-- our defensive problems will start to sort out. Obviously, it's all between the ears with him.

Obvious why Wallace is preferred to Bastos even when being much slower.
Except from the backheader on the 1st goal too centrally, purely defensive he was the best of the 3 tonight in this setup. 

But i'm not surprised he was solid against Juve in the Supercoppa as well last season.

He simply needs to stay on, become confident and grow.  Otherwise the backline will never become a unit.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 08:07:02 PM »

Here's my two cents.

- It was better than last week. Much.

- We're playing a 3-5-2/3-4-2-1 hybrid instead of 3-5-1-1. It doesn't suit Luis Alberto because sometimes he ends up on the right and he is less effective there, which hurts Ciro. Inzaghi needs to re-think that idea or play Correa instead of LA because it's not working.

- SMS isn't at the races. He's out there playing as if he's in the form of his life and he's not, which means every trick and flick went to Juventus player.

- I thought Wallace had CR7 in his pocket; Wallace had no time to react with the header on the first goal and Badelj and Marusic's laziness left him having to mark three players on the second. As for the rest of the 90 minutes, what did CR7 do?

- You understand why Leiva, Parolo and Lulic play every week when Badelj, Marusic and SMS collectively show no willingness whatsoever to track back, contributing heavily to two goals.

- I still don't know about Strakosha. He's a great shotstopper, it's the rest of his game that's a problem.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 08:10:29 PM »

Strakosha was aweful today.. he made one very good save, and I dont put any blame on him for either goal, but I counted about 5 passes that went straight to a Juve attacker.

Its clear that their forward 3 are not used to playing each other yet, because otherwise theyd have put 5 past us thanks to Strakosha handing it to them on a plate.

For the rest I pretty much agree with Cathal. Im not concerned yet.

jovo

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 08:12:21 PM »

We were solid but Juventus squad is pure quality in every position. Sms looked good but i can not say the same for Luis Alberto. The defence was great especealy Wallace. I have to say that Lucas Leiva is massive for this Lazio. We gained what we missed in the Napoli game and that is interceptions. Tomas had to do better in the first goal and had to clear the ball in the second. All in all if we went on half time with a draw the game will be developing in our interest.

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 08:13:25 PM »

If Wallace can keep his concentration this high all the time then he will be a great defender. One of his best performances in our shirt.

It's frustrating to come in here and read ilsempre's rant about defence being "in full panic mode" like wtf? Defence was our best unit out there tonight, I was really impressed with the 3 man back line and I can see why Inzaghi considers this our starters.
Strakosha so so. 1st goal he could've saved if he was more alert. Shot wasn't next to the post and very saveable if he'd threw himself immediately instead of taking that extra bounce on his feet.

The reason we struggle and seem to put in a "poor" performance is because our offensive game is well below par. Savic is still struggling with his ball touch, every pass is his too soft. LA is nowhere near form and maybe should see that psychologist again that helped him last time.

Lulic also had a bad game but overall no need to worry. It was Juve and we looked much better then against Napoli.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 08:16:16 PM by Rizmo »
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

rivo

• Aquilotto
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 08:18:08 PM »

I know Inzaghi understand that SMS and LA are not used to play their current positions, but I sense that he is instead just doing current to give SMS more freedom like playmaker. But he is not a playmaker at the moment. LA has shown more the playmaker quality than SMS did so LA must be in SMS position and SMS should be in LA position or more like what Mandzukic does in Juventus.

And we must not start with Parolo. He could be useful to be sub defending midfielder when we are leading the score, he could help to attack but just dont be in position that can confuse our attacking scheme. We must start with Badelj instead. “Badelj - Leiva - LA” would be the most complete central midfield. Badelj also has shown his quality of building up the attack.

Wallace in this game quite trouble Ronaldo. He just seem to be not aware where the front and back side. He did  some of these kind of blunders in the past.

Overall I like this game. SMS and LA sometimes did what I wanted them to do, but they did it as their second or third strategy.
Non mollare mai
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6