Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Serie A: Juventus - SS Lazio 2-0, 25/08/2018  (Read 955 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Juventus - SS Lazio 2-0, 25/08/2018
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 08:19:04 PM »

Here's my two cents.

- It was better than last week. Much.

- We're playing a 3-5-2/3-4-2-1 hybrid instead of 3-5-1-1. It doesn't suit Luis Alberto because sometimes he ends up on the right and he is less effective there, which hurts Ciro. Inzaghi needs to re-think that idea or play Correa instead of LA because it's not working.

- SMS isn't at the races. He's out there playing as if he's in the form of his life and he's not, which means every trick and flick went to Juventus player.

- I thought Wallace had CR7 in his pocket; Wallace had no time to react with the header on the first goal and Badelj and Marusic's laziness left him having to mark three players on the second. As for the rest of the 90 minutes, what did CR7 do?

- You understand why Leiva, Parolo and Lulic play every week when Badelj, Marusic and SMS collectively show no willingness whatsoever to track back, contributing heavily to two goals.

- I still don't know about Strakosha. He's a great shotstopper, it's the rest of his game that's a problem.

Possible solution. 
Parolo needs to remain a starter or Berisha needs to play when possible.
Alberto again closer to Ciro.
Caceres, Patric or Basta on the rightwing.

Sergej needs to find himself. 

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 08:28:23 PM »

I thought Strakosha was fine and so was Wallace. Strakosha made some nice saves and I wouldn't blame him for either goal. Wallace looked solid to me too. Sure, couple of risky passes but also some great defensive contributions, especially the header against Ronaldo.

Hard to pinpoint the worst player because overall we were ok and nobody looked bad. We just weren't good enough compared to Juventus, so it's a quality issue like Sile said. And if people are mentioning mistakes, how about Lulic's first touches? One good looking attack wasted because Lulic couldn't hit an easy ball and another situation where even a rock has a better first touch. :twinkle:

But seriously, we just look out of form, especially LA. But we shouldn't panic yet, 0 points is acceptable after playing arguably the two best teams in Italy. But now we should start winning and get into the form.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2018, 08:43:54 PM »

Finally 0 point from 2 games. But it's big improvement from last week, all we need is result now.

What I like from Strakosha is his passing n not injury so often. But in this game his passing is horrible n he had fitness issue in pre season. Add to that making error in every game, then I think we need to evaluate GK position.

Our defense is fine, except that second goal (n probably Khedira's chance that hit the post). Wallace even had Ronaldo in his pocket the whole game. Wallace is always my preference over Bastos, but his passing is really bad.

Both wingback also did fine, I'm impressed with Marusic actually. He played beyond my expectation.

The problem is our attack hasnt found their form yet. Sergej looked lost, Alberto had no more magic which made Ciro helpless upfront. They are our strongest point n if we cant find solution for that, then it's gonna be a very long season for us.
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
FORZA LAZIO!!!

mikitsi

• Aquilotto
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2018, 08:46:05 PM »

And if people are mentioning mistakes, how about Lulic's first touches? One good looking attack wasted because Lulic couldn't hit an easy ball and another situation where even a rock has a better first touch. :twinkle:

This happens 3-4 times in every single game he plays throughout the season.

Alsalman

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2018, 09:09:40 PM »

I didnt like our performance... it was like juve were in cruise control most of the game... simply one sided. Our defense did fine... our midfield other than Lieva were missing for the second match in a row... maru-scrub and lulic letting the team down big time in attack and defense

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 09:30:20 PM »

Is it just me or is Acerbi a really decent player
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2018, 09:38:20 PM »

Is it just me or is Acerbi a really decent player

It's a bit early, but he's definitely not been worse than De vrij  :wow:
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Arti

• Aquilotto
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2018, 10:45:48 PM »

One of our best players now. Very solid and calm. We will see..  :vcool:

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2018, 11:44:15 PM »

Juve is not 100 % ready. They played for "show"-Ronaldo to score ....
 Cancelo outplayed Lulic.
 Marusic will never learn to use the space.
 LA-Sms out again.
 Leiva-Motm
 Badelj-better than Parolo
 Strakosha ?- 3 mistakes that could coast us. Btw at the second goal he could react better-or it was just me.
 Inzaghi - Corea for LA...FA for LA...nothing new !
 Much better than vs Napoli.
 We had our minutes-end of first half...begginig of second one. We missed a Hernanes kind of midfielder who can shot from distance-to many space....we complicate trying through the wings.
 Lulic -LA shots was near.
 Sms steal the ball from Chiellini and there was free space in their box,but the refeere saw faul !!!!!!-no contacts,result was 1-0.
 Acerbi- Agreed ,what DV gives to this team-the same things gives Acerbi.
 Corea dribls one player and Chiellini clear the ball-statistically the action doesn't exist-but it was just a second....
 If Wallace play again like this than there was no need for 3 CD. One free place in midfield is a must.
 With this performance we will took 3 points vs Napoli-but not vs Juve.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 11:45:58 PM by phantomm1976 »

Mark

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2018, 12:05:24 AM »

Not to sure about Wallace on the 2nd goal. If he stays with his man, I don't think its a goal.

Here's my two cents.

- It was better than last week. Much.

- We're playing a 3-5-2/3-4-2-1 hybrid instead of 3-5-1-1. It doesn't suit Luis Alberto because sometimes he ends up on the right and he is less effective there, which hurts Ciro. Inzaghi needs to re-think that idea or play Correa instead of LA because it's not working.

- SMS isn't at the races. He's out there playing as if he's in the form of his life and he's not, which means every trick and flick went to Juventus player.

- I thought Wallace had CR7 in his pocket; Wallace had no time to react with the header on the first goal and Badelj and Marusic's laziness left him having to mark three players on the second. As for the rest of the 90 minutes, what did CR7 do?

- You understand why Leiva, Parolo and Lulic play every week when Badelj, Marusic and SMS collectively show no willingness whatsoever to track back, contributing heavily to two goals.

- I still don't know about Strakosha. He's a great shotstopper, it's the rest of his game that's a problem.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6