Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Serie A: Juventus - SS Lazio 2-0, 25/08/2018  (Read 1132 times)

Weninho

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Juventus - SS Lazio 2-0, 25/08/2018
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2018, 08:39:05 PM »

Problem with this game was that Juve wasn't good. They had some serious issues (especially in the first half, where they at times were downright horrible) but we weren't able to capitalise on that despite given advanced possession in dangerous areas multiple times. At the end of the day Juve walked away with an easy win, just like Napoli did, and that's worrying.

Not necessarily disagree it was a better performance than last week, but this was a good moment to play  both Napoli and Juve and I'm quite sure these losses will play a big role come May if we aim to compete for CL. Juve are usually not close to their best right now and Ancelotti, I'm sure, would have taken a draw at Olimpico to start his Napoli career, we just handed him the win.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2018, 09:41:33 PM »

its inzaghi's job to prepare those 25 human beings and to get them on the same page, which only confirms my previous post - we are not ready and Lazio did not move forward this summer

Inzaghi is a football manager, not a deity, and a team doesn't simply go forwards or backwards from one season to the next, but up and down, perhaps multiple times over the course of a season.

Losing these two games doesn't mean we're 'not ready' or 'did not move forward', likewise, signing some good players on paper this summer doesn't automatically mean we will finish in the Top 4.

I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion, but rather would be keen to read it rather than it be suggested to me that we're all wasting our time discussing the game because you can tell us the gospel in one sentence.

forward backwards/ up down its the same crap ..
losing two games against the big teams in that fashion shows we are not ready for the top 4 and as I said last season, this one will be much different  and difficult, because the milano teams will be up to speed now

I don't mind you guys discussing it, i just summarized it

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2018, 09:57:11 PM »

Problem with this game was that Juve wasn't good. They had some serious issues (especially in the first half, where they at times were downright horrible) but we weren't able to capitalise on that despite given advanced possession in dangerous areas multiple times. At the end of the day Juve walked away with an easy win, just like Napoli did, and that's worrying.

Not necessarily disagree it was a better performance than last week, but this was a good moment to play  both Napoli and Juve and I'm quite sure these losses will play a big role come May if we aim to compete for CL. Juve are usually not close to their best right now and Ancelotti, I'm sure, would have taken a draw at Olimpico to start his Napoli career, we just handed him the win.

This is why I'm being critical. Mark said it in his post - Juventus won in second gear. And as for Napoli last week, they were able to turn the game in their favour while being at about 50%.

Two above average 2017-18 performance and we'd have 6 points on the board. That's why I'm also worried.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2018, 10:19:12 PM »

Sure about the Milano teams Roman Eagle?  :twinkle:

They both were 2 goals up this weekend ..

But Cathal and Weninho are right, there's no unit and without that we can't get anywhere.  It was what drove the last 2 seasons.  We can't do without and rely on pure individuel quality.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 10:26:13 PM by Evesto »

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2018, 10:28:35 PM »

Sure about the Milano teams Roman Eagle?  :twinkle:

They both were 2 goals up this weekend ..

Was literally just waiting for full time in the Inter game to make a comment. Milan had a bigger collapse against Napoli than us. Inter have thrown away a 2-0 home lead to Torino. It even took 1927 a bit of VAR magic to put Toro away to bed last week.

It's so early in the season. It's extremely common for teams to drop points that they usually wouldn't. We've at least dropped points that we were fully expected to drop. Personally, I'd take 0 points vs Juve and Napoli than 1 point vs Sassuolo and Torino  :whistle:
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2018, 11:19:24 PM »

Just watched the 2nd goal highlight like 10 times over, i can't see how anyone can blame Wallace.  He covered the area where Acerbi was absent and the ball came into Strakosha's zone.  He simply wasn't watching closely and reacted surprised.  Therefor did not intercept a ball that can normally never get past an attentive keeper.

Another lapse in focus, like usual.

On FB they are using that scene to applaud blame Wallace, but nothing about Strakosha stumbling around.
Just like Acerbi he's going to get exonerated continiously.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2018, 11:23:29 PM »

the way i see it inter have the same mentality problem as us, but they will shake it off faster than us. for milan im not sure whats going on there, but we will see
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]