Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Serie A: Lazio - Frosinone, Sunday, 02-09-2018  (Read 2067 times)

Rizmo

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Lazio - Frosinone, Sunday, 02-09-2018
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2018, 02:17:11 PM »

Why do we need to rest players because they have international duty the week after?

Lazio comes first, to me this game is more important than some bullshit international friendly, or Nations League or whatever it is.
I hope Inzaghi doesnt rest or sub players like Parolo and Ciro in order to have them fresh for Mancini.

More like having them fresh for us when returning dude. Sit one out against Frosinone can be a good opportunity.
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Campagna

• Aquilotto
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 02:21:22 PM »

I want to dominate this match. I don’t care who we rest and who we start we should win and win comfortably because we have better quality from top to bottom. We should put several in the net plus keep the clean sheet. Excited for Sunday

Forza

:stendvl:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2018, 02:21:38 PM »

Why do we need to rest players because they have international duty the week after?

Lazio comes first, to me this game is more important than some bullshit international friendly, or Nations League or whatever it is.
I hope Inzaghi doesnt rest or sub players like Parolo and Ciro in order to have them fresh for Mancini.

I would guess having seen Lazio's form disappear at the end of last season when many key players broke down with fatigue, Inzaghi will probably do whatever he can to stop a build up of accumulative fatigue. If that means giving players a rest before they go on international duty, so be it. Inzaghi can't control how much the play for their countries, but he can control how often they play for Lazio.

Not saying I agree with the approach, but we started pre-season 10 days later than last season for a reason. We pushed key players too hard last season and our preparation has been all about getting the balance right.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2018, 02:27:32 PM »

If we end up finding ourselves at least 2 goals up with 20 minutes or so remaining, I really want to see Rossi in this one. Obviously it would be great to rest Ciro, but seeing Rossi play and maybe even manage to get on the scoresheet would put my mind somewhat at ease about the striker situation. I still can't really work out why he wasn't given a shot against Arsenal or Dortmund in pre season.

No reason he can't be a Serie A level striker, I reckon we just need to play him into it a little. Seems to have an eye for goal and will be hungry to prove it.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2018, 08:00:31 PM »

Those who could use rest should be rested.  If we want to go trough this busy season fit enough the others needs frequent gametime as well.  Otherwise those aren't gonna be gamefit enough when actually needed.  It's the logical and smart thing to do.  Correa has been looking sharp and ready, Durmisi could use some play and certainly one of Rossi or Caicedo if possible.  Then Berisha when he's ready.

The most important ones to keep being involved.
Badelj, Correa, Durmisi, Berisha.  Patric or Basta, Rossi or Caicedo.

Agent Orange

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2018, 08:51:13 PM »

Omg talk about crucial game.. i will be so nervous before kick-off, either we win easy 3, 4 - 0 or the ”tricky” start of the season will be in our players heads.
My thoughts is quite easy, lets put the BEST starting eleven on pitch and if we dont manage to take down Frosinone quite easy, then i will start to get worried for real.
Against modern football!

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2018, 12:16:26 AM »

Simply,we should not lose a point before the derby.
 After derby we can calculate little bit serious.
 3 points here-smart ones,not pushing key players to give 100 % after 3-0 for example.
 Rest them....
 I hope that Ciro learn the lession from last season-we needed him more than he needed a goal or two....

badboyyy

• Aquilotto
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2018, 01:54:48 PM »

I love that optimism that we win 3-0, but like always it will be very hard match for Lazio (I hope not)
Forza Laziale!

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2018, 10:56:07 AM »

Looks to be the same starting lineup like Juve. Nothing left to chance, I like it.
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

• Aquilotto
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2018, 03:38:29 PM »

A mandatory win agains probably the weakest team in serie A.  :scarfup:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9