Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Serie A: SS Lazio - Frosinone 1-0, 02/09/2018  (Read 1479 times)

Campagna

• Aquilotto
Re: Serie A: SS Lazio - Frosinone 1-0, 02/09/2018
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2018, 04:43:57 PM »

My opinions after the match:

Strakosha- untested

Acerbi- Very good

Wallace & Radu- Not bad, but a few slip-ups each

Marusic did nothing for me.. poor game really

Parolo was not great but several times he worked hard to get back defensively on potential Frosinone counter

SMS - best game so far this campaign, close to getting a goal several times

LA - best game so far this campiagn

Lulic- very solid performance, best midfielder yesterday

Leiva looks to not be 100% yet, but still did not look bad

Immobile quiet

Would've liked to see Correa around minute 65 once the legs were clearly starting to get heavy.

Glad we got the 3 points

:stendvl:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 04:45:55 PM by Campagna »

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2018, 10:42:49 AM »

Very important 3 points. Finally!  :bravo:
Sure, 2nd half was really hard to watch, but already in the first half, we could have been 3:0 at least in front.

I see it like Gio - typical nervous game where a team has a lot of pressure - the opponent very defensive. An early goal would maybe helped to win with a real big score.

SMS was better in that game than in the previus one. Acerbi looked more solid too.

What i really don't like is .... seeing Marusic playing.

It's incredible to read people writing that Lulic should get benched .... when i see on the right side Marusic simply doing nothing.

I can't even say that he is bad or decent or good - he is simply doing NOTHING. NOTHING. He is running forward, backward ... that's it. No 1vs1, no dribblings, no pressure.... nothing.
He looks like playing his own game on that pitch.

It's incredible, really incredible.
I don't rate Caceres really high, but both him and Patric too really deserve their chance to show that they can do more than Marusic.

How great it would have been to get Lainer on that position!!! :wuzz:

To Lulic again - by far our best player in that game, especially in the first half. Incredible how people rate him....i don't get it.
All what was dangerous, was on our left side through Lulic. I'm really happy to see him in that form already at the begin of the season.

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2018, 03:07:23 PM »

To Lulic again - by far our best player in that game, especially in the first half. Incredible how people rate him....i don't get it.
All what was dangerous, was on our left side through Lulic. I'm really happy to see him in that form already at the begin of the season.

I dont follow you, Lulic was voted MOM, what is it that you dont get. Basically the forum agrees with what you are saying about lulic

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2018, 03:21:25 PM »

I dont follow you, Lulic was voted MOM, what is it that you dont get. Basically the forum agrees with what you are saying about lulic

there were also some members who wrote that Lulic was that bad...he should get benched... these people i meant.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2018, 08:23:32 PM »

What i really don't like is .... seeing Marusic playing.

It's incredible to read people writing that Lulic should get benched .... when i see on the right side Marusic simply doing nothing.

I can't even say that he is bad or decent or good - he is simply doing NOTHING. NOTHING. He is running forward, backward ... that's it. No 1vs1, no dribblings, no pressure.... nothing.
He looks like playing his own game on that pitch.

Not going to promote Marusic here but let's put some things in perspective. 

Like pointed out in the tactical topic Radu mostly played leftback during the game and Wallace was centrally closer to Acerbi.  This made Marusic between fullback and wingback. 

I could very well assume that Inzaghi wanted the rightside closed since we focussed on the left and wanted to avoid danger then coming from the others side of the pitch.  Marusic indeed attempting nothing, did not go past Molinaro once.  Because he can't or didn't want to?  Imo that can't be the case.  Last season we saw Marusic toy with Adjapong during the 6-1 win over Sassuolo passing him on speed and skill on numerous occassions.  And Adjapong is like twice as fast as Molinaro.  So to think Marusic wasn't able to force something on the right against Frosinone can't be the case imo.  He even went passed Alex Sandro last we who had to take a yellow card to stop him.

Marusic is againt getting a lot of heat but i wouldn't be very surprised if he followed instructions to simply keep his side riskfree and keep possession, wich he mostly did.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 08:25:17 PM by Evesto »

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2018, 12:39:42 PM »

This game would have finished 6-1 last season.

clean sheet in match that last season would end 1:1 is always welcomed.

That's a great point. Some are saying the team doesn't look like last years'. While we might have scored more tonight on last season's form, we would definitely have conceded.

Been on holidays so playing catch up with the comments and wanted to belatedly discuss this because I think it's the interesting point.

This wasn't a game we'd have drawn 1-1 last season - it's a game we'd have won 6-2, as we did against Benevento last season when everything went in the back of the net, and yet they still managed to score two goals despite barely having a sniff in the game.

The reason it feels like this game could've finished 1-1 is because with last season's defence, it would have. But with last season's attack, we would've scored 4 or 5 if not more.

I'm not worried because it's obvious from the body language of the team that we were nervous and hopefully this win gets all the negative energy out of the system. And I am inclined to agree that winning games like this 1-0 instead of 6-2 might be a positive indication for our season overall. It's easier to build a successful team off the back of a solid defence and if that means our attack suffers for a bit for the greater good, so be it. The potential is there to be better than last season.

But these three performances in Serie A so far are the displays of a team more likely to compete for the bottom 4 than the top 4. We are just not at the races yet at all.

We're making new problems for ourselves in every game at the minute. Napoli, we were all over the place at the back. Juve, we created nothing. Frosinone, we don't know where the goal is.

Very easy to say if we sort x, y and z, we'll have a good season. The problems occur if this is a, b and c and d comes now with Empoli.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 12:46:17 PM by Cathal »

Emko

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2018, 02:57:42 PM »

This wasn't a game we'd have drawn 1-1 last season - it's a game we'd have won 6-2, as we did against Benevento last season when everything went in the back of the net, and yet they still managed to score two goals despite barely having a sniff in the game.

Hmm, we always start slowly under Inzaghi. Last year we barely beat Chieva 2-1 with a last minute goal by SMS and we couldn't beat SPAL at Olimpico. I am sure that if we face Frosinone in two months time, we won't have a problem to beat them easily with 3-0 at least.

So we have to be pleased with the result and with the way we played.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2018, 03:19:42 PM »

Hmm, we always start slowly under Inzaghi. Last year we barely beat Chieva 2-1 with a last minute goal by SMS and we couldn't beat SPAL at Olimpico.

Before those two games you mentioned, we put 3 past Juventus and after those two games, put 4 past Milan. The forum was positive after we ground out that win against Chievo and our second half display then was so much better than anything we've seen this season. It feels different to me, and I suspect, most of this forum.

For what it's worth, we started the previous season by putting 4 past Atalanta. Inzaghi started his Lazio career with Klose scoring twice inside the opening 15 minutes. We don't start slowly under Inzaghi.

We end slowly - that's for sure - and if this slow start leads to an emphatic end to the season, great.

But on the basis of what we've seen so far, is there any part of me that thinks comprehensive wins are just around the corner? No. That's what I'm getting at.

Inzaghi has been here for 2-and-a-half years and I'd say as Lazio manager, his Lazio team has been on the front foot, been clinical, been lethal on the counter, been physical, aggressive etc.

Right now, this Lazio doesn't look like a Simone Inzaghi Lazio team. I hope it's the change in preparation or a tough schedule or any one of the many excuses afforded for our performances so far.

But I'm not convinced. We're not like ourselves at all and that's never a good sign. I was happy for the three points, but the manner of victory is concerning.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2018, 09:49:02 AM »

I think it is too early to judge. We started against Napoli at home - a game we could have at least draw with a bit more attention/luck, then Juve away - a game where we rarely get something. Sure, I would have liked to see us putting 5 past Frosinone - we had quite some chances. I guess it was just not our day. But Luis Alberto and Immobile managed to score so for me it is not that bad. If they manage to do it again against Empoli, then we are back on track. SMS was unlucky not to score against Frosinone - he had 4-5 shots. He needs to score one to get some confidence. But I am not yet worried. We need to improve in the next "easier" games.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]