Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Serie A: Empoli - Lazio, Sunday, 16-09-2018  (Read 1682 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Empoli - Lazio, Sunday, 16-09-2018
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 05:17:40 PM »

He finally realized after this much time

Realised what? That Caceres should be preferred?

As much as Caceres is a natural fit in that role, who has actually been impressed by Caceres in a Lazio shirt? He's made plenty of mistakes and has never looked secure.

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 05:34:38 PM »

Mediocrity is preferable than hell lot of mistakes. Bastos, Wallace had their share of starters while Caceras never had for long. At least Inzaghi should give Caceras a run, benching Wallace and fielding Caceras seems he realized

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 05:38:43 PM »

Mediocrity is preferable than hell lot of mistakes. Bastos, Wallace had their share of starters while Caceras never had for long. At least Inzaghi should give Caceras a run, benching Wallace and fielding Caceras seems he realized

Well, let's see if it happens. I'd argue that Wallace's level in the last couple of games has been better than anything Caceres has shown so far and if you drop Wallace now for a banged up, not the best behaved 30-something, then there's no point in Wallace being here.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 05:41:39 PM »

caceres was unfit last season to play, but he showed in the WC what he can do when healthy

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 06:01:43 PM »

caceres was unfit last season to play, but he showed in the WC what he can do when healthy

With Uruguay, Caceres played full-back in a back 4 with two of the world's best centre-backs in what was a very negative system overall and caught the eye with his attacking play.

Lazio see him as a centre-back in a back 3 alongside Radu and Acerbi in an attacking formation and hope he shines defensively.

That's the problem. It's like looking at an apple and saying it would make a good orange.

I've no doubts if we played with a back four and got 10 men behind the ball and countered, Caceres could do a job at full-back. I think Patric or Basta could fulfil that role also, maybe even Lulic, but I wouldn't trust any of them at centre-back either...

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018, 08:49:19 PM »

With Uruguay, Caceres played full-back in a back 4 with two of the world's best centre-backs in what was a very negative system overall and caught the eye with his attacking play.

Lazio see him as a centre-back in a back 3 alongside Radu and Acerbi in an attacking formation and hope he shines defensively.

That's the problem. It's like looking at an apple and saying it would make a good orange.

I've no doubts if we played with a back four and got 10 men behind the ball and countered, Caceres could do a job at full-back. I think Patric or Basta could fulfil that role also, maybe even Lulic, but I wouldn't trust any of them at centre-back either...

That should have hit the spot i guess.  Godin and Gimenez could make Marusic look like a solid fullback and Radu the most dependable leftback you can find.

Not saying Caceres wasn't good, he really delivered but being a central defender is another thing.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 09:02:13 PM »

Anyhow busy weeks starting from sunday.  Either EL or Serie A in midweek as well, again thanks to those very 'usefull' international breaks. 😩

Luckely Apollon comes between Empoli and Genoa, and that EL game is fitted for the backups.  Altough that's a little demeaning with it being Badelj, Correa, Berisha (once fit) and Durmisi.

However, between the derby and Fiorentina coming over we are heading to Frankfurt.  So our second team will have to be up for that.  Therefore it's essential imo that they start out with the eleven expected to start in Frankfurt as well, a question of getting familiar in those circumstances.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 08:46:41 AM »

Anyhow busy weeks starting from sunday.  Either EL or Serie A in midweek as well, again thanks to those very 'usefull' international breaks. 😩

Luckely Apollon comes between Empoli and Genoa, and that EL game is fitted for the backups.  Altough that's a little demeaning with it being Badelj, Correa, Berisha (once fit) and Durmisi.

However, between the derby and Fiorentina coming over we are heading to Frankfurt.  So our second team will have to be up for that.  Therefore it's essential imo that they start out with the eleven expected to start in Frankfurt as well, a question of getting familiar in those circumstances.

I wouldn't look beyond Empoli.

We've played a couple of games that will rank among the toughest we'll face all season and probably had our easiest game of the season against Frosinone, and we didn't convince in any of those games.

What I'm looking for now is three points against Empoli, but if possible, a game where there's no doubt about the result when we arrive at minute 90.

I hope Inzaghi is not sitting there planning to play Team A in Serie A and Team B in Europa League. Injuries will ensure he has to mix things up and there is absolutely no point bringing in guys like Badelj and Correa if you've no intention to have them push your starters hard.

Another sub-par performance from someone like a Marusic and I'd like Inzaghi to have someone else out on the field for Genoa. If he's already decided to completely rotate between competitions, an underperformer like Marusic gets a free pass. We can't have that.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 10:06:19 AM »

...that brings me back to Caceres...

I would like to see him instead of Marusic and not playing as an CB! :vcool:

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 02:00:53 PM »