Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Serie A: Empoli - Lazio, Sunday, 16-09-2018  (Read 1699 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Empoli - Lazio, Sunday, 16-09-2018
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2018, 06:37:41 PM »

I don't know why but I am quite worried about this game...

I am also.

If their team stays healthy, they can do well in Serie A this season. They have a very experienced backbone and have talent in advanced midfield areas with strikers that are in-form.

They are not your typical relegation battler or even mid-table side. Half their team you'll know, the other half you'll probably get to know in time. Just hopefully not on Sunday.

But my problem is that I can see Empoli having the firepower to score against us and if they do, I'm not sure we can respond given we could only take one chance at home to Frosinone.

That said, it really is a game we should be winning. It's really just that there will inevitably be slip ups over a season and this looks like a banana skin on paper. Sometimes you can't make a case for the opposition, but on this occasion, I can.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2018, 02:26:21 AM »

Andreazolli rumoured to be considering a switch to 4321,  entering Bennacer on midfield while moving up Krunic next to Zajc and behind Caputo as lone striker. 

But i wouldn't believe this immeditiatly.

Antonelli is surely out and backup Pasqual most likely not getting fit in time.  Rasmussen LCB with possibly Veseli on LB, so Inzaghi should definitly aim to exploit their left side.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2018, 03:56:49 PM »

It looks it's going to be Wallace again making the cut, wich i was hoping for.
Not to favour him but because we need a back 3 to get used to eachother.

Arti

• Aquilotto
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2018, 07:05:05 PM »

I can not wait for the match tomorrow :) I have a birthday, I hope for a good gift!  :sciarpa05:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2018, 07:58:54 PM »

Inzaghi said Correa did very well in training and in communication with him and the staff.
He says the decision if he'll start will be made tomorrow.

That probably won't happen but it's a clear sign he's happy with Correa.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2018, 10:29:34 AM »

If Correa does start then I wonder who will miss out? Will we see a more attacking lineup with Correa and Alberto behind Immobile or will Milinkovic or Alberto be rested? 3-4-2-1 would seem the most likely but I doubt we would we risk that in an away game at this stage.

It will be vital that Lucas is aware of Krunic and Zajc and helps track them, they seem to be very dangerous.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2018, 10:31:35 AM »

so according to you caceres can't play as a rcb and can't play as a wing back? why are we keeping him then?

Do you actually read what I write anymore? Or are you just interested in responding for the sake of it?

He can play as right centre-back; he's just not a very good right centre-back anymore.

He's played 4 games at wing-back in his career - three on the right 6 years ago, and against Napoli this season, where many felt he made a big error on their first goal.

For me, he's shown nothing in the last 12 months to suggest he is better than Luiz Felipe, Wallace and Bastos. He's adds depth to a struggling defence, but expecting more from him based on what he's shown is a stretch.

so you didn't have any problem FA playing wing back with no experience, yet you have a problem with caceres playing it with no experience, despite the fact caceres is  a RB and his natural position is much closer to the wing back one?

I don't know if he is better, but the guy was a starter at the WC and he rocked. I didn't see any of our guys beeing there  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2018, 11:07:38 AM »

so you didn't have any problem FA playing wing back with no experience, yet you have a problem with caceres playing it with no experience, despite the fact caceres is  a RB and his natural position is much closer to the wing back one?

Felipe Anderson played as a wing-back in Brazil as a teenager and has the attributes to develop into a very good wing-back if a manager chose to take him in that direction. Caceres is 31 and has played 4 games in the position in his entire career.

I would say you should be able to see the difference, but you did say we should play Nani at wing-back last season, so bringing up my views on Anderson as a means to undermine my point on Caceres makes no sense anyway.

If Inzaghi ever plays Caceres at right wing-back, then we can discuss this further.

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2018, 11:40:04 AM »

If Correa does start then I wonder who will miss out? Will we see a more attacking lineup with Correa and Alberto behind Immobile or will Milinkovic or Alberto be rested? 3-4-2-1 would seem the most likely but I doubt we would we risk that in an away game at this stage.

It will be vital that Lucas is aware of Krunic and Zajc and helps track them, they seem to be very dangerous.

Might be Lulic? or LA who is in bad form, although scored a goal last match

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2018, 02:35:08 PM »

Just ran into a guy wearing Lazio shorts. Shouted "Lazio!" at him, he responded with a high fist! :sciarpa05:

Let's do this!  :offlag:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8