Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: The definitive 'Lotito XI'.  (Read 2240 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
The definitive 'Lotito XI'.
« on: September 13, 2018, 06:19:36 PM »

We're discussing a 'Mauri XI' in the 'Stefano Mauri' thread and it has reminded me of a discussion we've had a few times over the years; if we were to pick a team of the best players that played under Lotito, who would get in the team?

Over the last few months, we've been running different polls on the Forum, Twitter and Facebook and this is a vote we can run everywhere that will hopefully pull the community together. So this is how it's going to work.

At the start of each week (Monday usually, but we'll start early for Week 1), we'll put up a longlist of players on the forum. Come Tuesday, we'll look at which players have received the most votes and come up with a shortlist. Midweek, we'll put this shortlist on Twitter for voting. At the end of the week, we'll narrow it down to two players and we'll add another poll on Facebook.

You can vote here, there, wherever - more places you vote, the more weight your vote has. You'll have as much freedom with your vote as the platform gives us.

At the end of the week (Saturday), we'll calculate the winner. Forum votes will count for 50% overall with Facebook and Twitter accounting for 25% each. That way, the loyal people here have a bit more say in the matter (as you should).

So let's start early and with the goalkeepers. Not going to be the longest of longlists as there's been a fair bit of stability in the position under Lotito, but as always, open to further suggestions.

And there's no set criteria - make a decision based on your own logic and obviously let us know why you voted the way you did in the topic thread!

:offlag:

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
Re: The definitive 'Lotito XI'.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 06:52:05 PM »

I really like the idea my friend, but putting Strakosha and Bizarri on the list...  :razz:

We all know that Peruzzi was the best!  :offlag:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 07:01:17 PM »

I really like the idea my friend, but putting Strakosha and Bizarri on the list...  :razz:

You'd be surprised  :supsmile:

I personally think it's a toss up between Peruzzi and Marchetti. In terms of pure ability, Peruzzi, in terms of contribution for Lazio, Marchetti.

This is why there's no criteria!  :whistle:

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 07:24:13 PM »

Peruzzi, no questions.

One of the best Italian GKs of the 90s and 00s and there were a lot of top quality keepers back then. Gave us 7 good years, and could have played on had it not been for his knee. Grew up idolising him back when I wanted to be a GK, I cant not choose him.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 08:08:09 PM »

Peruzzi.  Did not hesitate.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 09:19:43 PM »

Peruzzi

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 10:26:40 PM »

Peruzzi would be a no brainer, however if we are talking solely during the Lotito era I think Marchetti has to be very close. Peruzzi was injured a lot from 2004-05. I'm going to give this some more thought. In general Peruzzi > Marchetti by a mile but Peruzzi 2004/05 > Marchetti? Not sure.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:51:16 PM by Giolazio »

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 10:39:27 PM »

Peruzzi would be a no brainer, however if we are talking solely during the Lotito era I think Marchetti has to be very close. Peruzzi was injury a lot from 2004-05. I'm going to give this some more though. In general Peruzzi > Marchetti by a mile but Peruzzi 2004/05 > Marchetti? Not sure.

That's true. Marchetti in form is a beast. But when you concede two goals from center of the field against 1927 you can't get a vote, at least not from me.

But Peruzzi...masterclass. Fat little man  :razz:

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 11:37:13 PM »

Carrizo deserves a honorary vote here - was it not for his parades in penalty shootout against Siena we might not had won CI that year.

Still going for Peruzzi tho.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 04:49:01 AM »

Peruzzi, even if marchetti came close
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16