Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: The definitive 'Lotito XI'.  (Read 1898 times)

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
Re: The definitive 'Lotito XI'.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 11:08:17 AM »

Peruzzi for sure, but would have Bizzarri played more .... :whistle:

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 11:14:08 AM »

Peruzzi would be a no brainer, however if we are talking solely during the Lotito era I think Marchetti has to be very close. Peruzzi was injured a lot from 2004-05. I'm going to give this some more thought. In general Peruzzi > Marchetti by a mile but Peruzzi 2004/05 > Marchetti? Not sure.

I agree with you here Gio, it's difficult to think of Peruzzi as a Lotito era player even though he played his final three seasons under him. For me he will always belong to the big spending Cragnotti era. I'm sure that the same point was raised last time a best 11 was being discussed, although Cathal's wording is that it is the 'best players to have played under Lotito', which Angelo obviously did.

Maybe I am being pedantic here but there is possibly still one point of contention however, is it the best players or the players that played the best under Lotito's reign? Peruzzi was obviously better than Marchetti, he was second only to Buffon for most of the time, but as you said, he had some injuries and was not quite as influential during his last few years here as the first three or four.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 11:33:29 AM »

Maybe I am being pedantic here but there is possibly still one point of contention however, is it the best players or the players that played the best under Lotito's reign?

It's whatever you want it to be Ed. We could set strict criteria, but others won't necessarily follow it. I mean, what's the difference between 'best players' and 'players that played the best under Lotito'? I can make a distinction, but others will argue it's the same thing!

So it really depends on what you feel should make a Lotito XI. If Peruzzi was the best goalkeeper we've had under Lotito, but you value Marchetti's contribution more, then that's a dilemma you have to solve.

Others might think Muslera played better in a Lazio shirt than either and will vote that way  :razz: I mean, Akha wants someone to give JP Carrizo a vote just because of his exploits with a couple of kicks of the ball. And I get that.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 12:00:14 PM »

Yeah I was probably making it more difficult for myself than it needed to be! For the majority of players I think it might be easier to select because their whole time at Lazio was under Lotito, that's really where I am in two minds, well at least a bit of a quandary, about Peruzzi. But ultimately I think my vote will probably end up going to Angelo because he was outstanding before Lotito and still at a level that Marchetti didn't reach in terms of pure ability, even in his last few years. He was the best goalkeeper we've had since I started supporting Lazio so that gives him an edge really.

Thinking about it, it might get even more difficult with strikers when having to choose two from Rocchi, Klose and Immobile (apologies to Cisse or Dordevic, they just miss out  :razz:)!

Maybe we do the best 11 and the most influential 11...  :whistle:
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Arti

• Aquilotto
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 12:29:16 PM »

Whoa! What a question. Peruzzi, of course. :) I really miss that times. Especially when we have Strakosha as no.1 :/ He does not learn from mistakes at all. It looks a bit like Muslera, who had a difficult beginning, but the comparisons end there :)

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2018, 12:56:37 PM »

Thinking about it, it might get even more difficult with strikers when having to choose two from Rocchi, Klose and Immobile (apologies to Cisse or Dordevic, they just miss out  :razz:)!

Makinwa  :what: :supsmile:

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2018, 12:59:29 PM »

Maybe I am being pedantic here but there is possibly still one point of contention however, is it the best players or the players that played the best under Lotito's reign?

Same here. I was wondering should I go with Peruzzi who was better player for Lazio mainly before Lotito and was a superior keeper overall, or Marchetti who at times was simply outstanding in Reja's / Petković' Lazio.
As you say if we'd be a little bit more specific and try to distinguish who was better from who was more influential then I'd say Angelo was the former while Federico was the latter.

Others might think Muslera played better in a Lazio shirt than either and will vote that way  :razz: I mean, Akha wants someone to give JP Carrizo a vote just because of his exploits with a couple of kicks of the ball. And I get that.

I was partly joking but come to think of it that guy contributed on field to what is Lazio's greatest achievement with Lotito in charge, it has to count for something, even though it probably is not the right topic to bring such issue up.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2018, 01:01:38 PM »

Makinwa  :what: :supsmile:

This is why I won't be making any accommodations for Ed  :wow:

Maybe we do the best 11 and the most influential 11...  :whistle:

Being serious again...  :razz:

I've tried to hide the poll results to maintain an element of surprise but the way voting is going, I'd be quite confident we could do both a 'best' and 'influential' team and end up with the same result.

I know exactly where you are coming from as I feel the same - and it's obvious others do also - but it's a much simpler vote for most people in here. I don't want to give too much away but you can probably guess.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2018, 03:40:46 PM »

Marchetti got my vote. For me, he is "the" lotito era keeper (as of yet).

I'm basing it off performance in the period itself, not in the player's career at any other point in time. I think it's the only way I could possibly make the decision. Doing that actually makes the whole team almost picked itself I think. But we'll see.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2018, 03:46:57 PM »

Makes you wonder what the **** is wrong with today's goalkeepers in Italy. Once we had Marchetti and Peruzzi and now we have Strakosha, Vargic and Protto.  :ohnoo:

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 03:54:05 PM by lazioserbia »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14