Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Lazio Inter, friends or rivals?  (Read 811 times)

pazke

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Lazio Inter, friends or rivals?
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2018, 09:50:02 PM »

Friends in the Curva... rivals in the Serie A... the history is clear about this

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2018, 11:19:10 PM »

Vieri literally moved teams every summer, if you thought he was sticking around with us then more fool you.

Crespo stayed 1 season with Inter before moving on (he did return later in his career, but as Keita situation, who cares what he does later on)

Favalli had the best of his career with us and moved to Inter at age 32 and played 50 times, having played 300 times for us. Not seeing the big deal.

Cesar played almost 90 times for us and left for Inter also at age 32 and managed less than 20 appearances in 2 seasons before going on loan back to Brasil.

Mancini was a great coach for us, but coaches come and go more often than any player, he was never going to be around long. He gave us good years as a player and a trophy as a manager, I cant be bitter at him for moving on considering his career since.

All im seeing is more examples of a richer team giving us money for players in the latter stages of their careers for the most part.
Youre not selling me your point.
I give you two world wide stars Vieri and Crespo, in the prime of their careers who moved there. Mancini as a coach also. Cesar and Favalli was stars for Lazio back then. Hernanes was in his prime. And it really dosen't matter if some player declined in his Inter carrer, we couldn't knew back then in the time they switched to Inter. Pandev was huge for us, Zarate too. Nobody couldn't know the future,  in the time they all left they were the stars for Lazio.

• Aquilotto
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2018, 12:07:36 AM »

Friends in the Curva... rivals in the Serie A... the history is clear about this

:twinkle:

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2018, 12:36:44 AM »

Whos history though? I'm sure if we went and asked the IRR they would say what you said. But I'd be curious to hear the opinion from people sitting on Tevere and Monte Mario.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2018, 05:05:47 PM »

Thats the thing that im just not understanding about this whole debate.
So what if Inter buy our players? Out of that list, only Stankovic achieved anything of note after leaving us for Inter, and that was 15 years ago.

Every single other player on that list made much fewer appearances than they did for us, and didnt exactly fill their trophy cabinet. So if Inter want to give us money for them, then I say let them.

The problem is Inter wants to take away our star players every time we have one. That's basically dismantling the squad and they've been doing it for 15 years, and just did it again with De Vrij. Probably had an eye on Keita as well so he went to Monaco and came back.

What star players? Ill give you Stankovic, and maybe Hernanes, but the others? And again, a team with more money than us wanting to buy our players, its hardly a shocking situation.

Candreva had already burnt his bridges with us with the whole captaincy thing and his attitude and worsening performances. And Keita went to Monaco for a decent sum, and has since been very well replaced by Alberto and maybe Correa if he starts to shine, who cares what Keita does after that.

But the others, De Vrij has been more than adequately replaced by Acerbi, and the rest listed above were not exactly star players at the time they left us, and all of them went on to make only a fraction of the appearances for them as they did for us, showing to me that they were hardly moving in the prime of their careers.

In my list, all of them are stars or prospering talents at the time, or some lazio "legends" who are close to retirement. They mean something and that's why I didn't include those like Berni and Carrizo.

The way Inter is salivating on our best players disgusts me. It distracts our players and we can see most moved there eventually. Many simply didn't renew like de vrij. For Candreva and Hernanes, there was good money. Others? Most for nothing.

And the fact that we can replace them adequately has nothing to do with Inter. They didn't give us Acerbi when we lose de vrij. The fact that most players achieved nothing after the switch makes me happy, but doesn't make me hate inter less. Our management has been well to hold onto the players during their prime and sell them when the peak is over, and again that is not something inter is giving back to us.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2018, 11:11:59 PM »

Why our players leaves us is another question, dont think that Inter is guilty.Why our policy is like this ?
 The way we lose Nedved for example hurts more than all of the players that went to Inter....
 Di Canio when he was young also....
 DV and Jimenez are the most non friendly moves from inter...
 But Juve in 1999/200 1-3 in Rome and gives Milan the scudeto....

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2018, 09:02:53 AM »

If there is any team that I would consider friends, then it's certainly Inter even though they are rivals too. Sometimes I'm mad that they buy our players but then again so do Milan and Juventus and basically any team that is richer than us and can offer better salary. But most of the time they offer good money and the players got worse there so I don't mind. So for me, I consider them our friends.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

• Aquilotto
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2018, 10:24:03 AM »

5 may 2005  :beer: :laziostend:

I don't know what exactly is the situation between Inter and lazio but i believe the friendship is only based on the fans relations. I don't think the football clubs may be defined as friends.

I believe it is something like the relations between Levski and Lazio fans. Because a few years ago Levski organized an anniversary match and invited Lazio for the game. But the board of Lazio did not accept immediately and they did not sure if they should accept. Then the Lazio fans (i think IRR) talked to the board and persuade them to accept the invitation.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 10:35:30 AM by 1914 »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]