Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Ongoing Forum Problems  (Read 932 times)

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: IMPORTANT: Ongoing Forum Problems
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2018, 11:29:47 AM »

Who is he and is there any way to contact him? It would be helpfull maybe.

flurffmeister

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 11:45:50 AM »

I'm a professional software developer by trade... are there any technical details that can be sent my way regarding the database-- such as, what specifically is "broken" with it, and what's being done when the forum is (temporarily) available again?

This forum looks like it just uses a basic, pre-built, PHP-based software package. Spinning a new one up somewhere would be trivial, but someone would need to pay the hosting costs (who pays those now, incidentally? Just curious how that works).

Anyway, happy to advise if I can be any help.

the issue is that the forum template is outdated and needs to be moved to a modern forum, our forum is smf and with any attempt to inject scripts ( for example upload avatar, photo link, files) the database will corrupt as our coding is very outdated , the issue here is our team goes through the procedure of removing style.css and overwrites the script before performing a vaste restore update.
Il tricolore non cancella l'odore.
Lotito Vattene.

flurffmeister

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 11:46:57 AM »

The best option is to start from scratch, but then again, someone has to take over hosting expenses and not leave us to dry after a certain period of time.

The current forum is hosted by one of the former members who has a good friend of ours, but who abruptly left the forum few years back. Yes, it is true that he still hosts this forum on his company`s servers at his costs, however the fact that he does not care about it on daily basis brought up in the current situation when we don`t know and cannot guarantee when or how long we will be online/offline.

Setting up a new forum is not that difficult, even though I need to refresh quite some things as I this is not something I deal with on daily basis.

We have discussed the matter on several occasions privately, but can`t seem to come to a decision as it involves several factors, one being the domain name.

no need to start from scratch , just like laziofever move forums , i got the database i can restore it to a new forum .
Lotito Vattene.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2018, 12:32:14 PM »

Yeah, we have though of that- but how do we transfer the database when we don`t have access to control panel?
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

flurffmeister

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2018, 01:15:54 PM »

@amir i have access to the control panel , it is just the decision of Paolo to move forums. out of respect i cannot just launch a new forum with the current database because he started all that.
Lotito Vattene.

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2018, 01:34:48 PM »

Contact Ermetico. Is he in any way conected to LazioLand whatsoever?

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2018, 01:45:06 PM »

@amir i have access to the control panel , it is just the decision of Paolo to move forums. out of respect i cannot just launch a new forum with the current database because he started all that.

This is great :) - stay tuned as someone will get in touch with your privately. it is about time to once and for all settle this matter.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2018, 05:58:06 PM »

This is great :) - stay tuned as someone will get in touch with your privately. it is about time to once and for all settle this matter.
I must say it is great to see you two post again. It's been a while.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2018, 10:10:57 PM »

Really don't want to see forum down.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...
Pages: 1 2 [3]