Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Europa League: SS Lazio - Olympique Marseille 2-1, 08/11/2018  (Read 676 times)

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
Re: Europa League: SS Lazio - Olympique Marseille 2-1, 08/11/2018
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 01:49:41 PM »

His first save was great but the ball went straight into his legs and the shot was pretty lame. His reaction on goal was ridiculous. There were at least two shots he should have caught but instead parried the ball away. Not confident enough and not remotely good enough to get a meme or MoM. Don't know why you satisfy yourselves with less.

Defense did ok, midfield was good except a few stupid mistake. Ciro and Correa did good.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 05:05:46 PM »

His first save was great but the ball went straight into his legs and the shot was pretty lame. His reaction on goal was ridiculous. There were at least two shots he should have caught but instead parried the ball away. Not confident enough and not remotely good enough to get a meme or MoM. Don't know why you satisfy yourselves with less.

Defense did ok, midfield was good except a few stupid mistake. Ciro and Correa did good.

I'm going to side with this.  Strakosha did not convince me at all last night qua performance and i'm far from the only one with that opinion.  Half the balls he hit away or didn't go for should have been easy catches.  Timing, positioning and confidence weren't visable imo.

Like mentioned above with the first save the opponent was incompetent and on the last save he touched out a weak ball on a clumsy own goal attempt by Marusic.

This sounds very harsh, but it is what it is.

Midfield was indeed decent considering they did not expect to face Marseille's surprise 5-3-2 formation but adapted reasonably well.

Luckely we had deciding attackers.

In the end a very welcome win and certainly not undeserved.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 06:27:58 PM »

You guys are hilarious, the goal was stoppable, wtf the guy was free and clear from 11 yards, it was like a penalty.

And Strakosha's save in the final seconds left us with a chance of topping the group and avoiding CL dropouts
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 06:59:36 PM »

You guys are hilarious, the goal was stoppable, wtf the guy was free and clear from 11 yards, it was like a penalty.

And Strakosha's save in the final seconds left us with a chance of topping the group and avoiding CL dropouts

That's true, it's a fact those saves made it happen.  But it doesn't change the fact that the Marseille player should have scored no matter what but he couldn't get the ball ready to do so.  And Strakosha was alert in that last fase. 

These were deciding moments no doubt about it and it deserves credit.  But a MOTM elect requires a good performance the entire game.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 07:11:06 PM »

The only hilarious thing - other than your vote  :fingerup:- was his reaction on the goal because Strakosha was caught on the wrong foot and his reaction to try and reach the ball looked amateurish. That's some pretty awful goalkeeping.

The goal goes on Parolo, he ****ed up, not Strakosha, but the Thauvin shot would have been saved by a good keeper. A good keeper would also see where the shot was gonna go, which was right, not left, it was obvious.

His save maybe saved the game, sure. Marusic scored a stunning goal in the first match and that goal sealed our victory but that doesn't mean that he's not a shit player. Same goes for Strakosha.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 07:13:17 PM by lazioserbia »

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 11:27:14 PM »

Very simply, a properly positioned goalkeeper with a right leg saves Thauvin's goal. Furthermore, most goalkeepers with numerous seconds to punch a football can do so and actually make the ball move.

He is a world class shotstopper and I get that for some, a great save here and a great save there overrides what happens in the other 90 minutes. Not so for me, because it is clearer and clearer as time goes by why our defence is so chaotic.

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2018, 02:47:28 AM »

Yeah, I agree with you guys.
Lately, I've been thinking that I've felt safer and more comfortable with Berisha or Carrizo between the posts than I do with Strakosha. Don't get me wrong, I like Thomas, it's only that I get nervous watching him play and every free-kick feels like a disaster waiting to happen. And that's not good.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

Arti

• Aquilotto
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2018, 09:57:53 AM »

Safer with Carrizo?  :supsmile:
Strakosha is for me personally one of the weakest points, and his exploits from the second half of last season make me a heart attack. I do not trust him too.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2018, 12:27:28 PM »

The only hilarious thing - other than your vote  :fingerup:- was his reaction on the goal because Strakosha was caught on the wrong foot and his reaction to try and reach the ball looked amateurish. That's some pretty awful goalkeeping.

The goal goes on Parolo, he ****ed up, not Strakosha, but the Thauvin shot would have been saved by a good keeper. A good keeper would also see where the shot was gonna go, which was right, not left, it was obvious.

His save maybe saved the game, sure. Marusic scored a stunning goal in the first match and that goal sealed our victory but that doesn't mean that he's not a shit player. Same goes for Strakosha.

thats such an unfair analogy, that Marusic's goal didnt give us the three point, that Strakosha save give us vital 2 point and 2 games to rest our Squad

it's so classic of football, when the Striker finally score after missed like 4 or 5 chance and the some, he still the hero (remind how many time Ciro is our MoM?), while a vital save from GK or CB doesnt mean that much even if literally give the team the much needed point

though even after all I said (well, write), yes I want Thomas to get even more decisive

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 01:11:33 PM »

I don't have that analogy. It's a team game and every part of the team needs to be good. Defense is an important part of any football team and the goalkeeper position is the most important. I was just trying to say that Strakosha making a few saves doesn't matter much when he's obviously STILL a shit gk. No signs of improvement in areas where he wasn't good, just same old Strakosha trembling at every ball that flies in the penalty area.

Don't know what's unfair when we say things that are true. If you wanna become a big football club and win trophies you will need a good goalkeeper. From there you can build your defense and the whole team. But if you've got Strakosha, you ain't never gonna have a steady defense.

I just can't begin to understand what the **** do you see in this kid? It's really annoying. Are we all watching the same games? Maybe your TV displays a better Strakosha image but not being able to see that he isn't good enough and hasn't improved at all in two years is just ridiculous. Or maybe you just don't know what it takes to be a good gk?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 01:13:16 PM by lazioserbia »
Pages: 1 [2] 3