Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Serie A: Chievo Verona - SS Lazio 1-1, 02/12/2018  (Read 999 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Chievo Verona - SS Lazio 1-1, 02/12/2018
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 08:24:06 PM »

Knew it.

If that last Ciro attempt strikes the inside of the post a couple of inches closer it would be a different story wouldn't it.

Football can be that close. 

Ahh if's and maybe's. At the end of the day we weren't good enough to win. Nothing to do with bad luck, just lack of quality in key moments. Chievo can also feel bitter for not winning in the end.

Again that's how close it can get in football.  We weren't good but Chievo neither.  They had huge motivation and grinta but wich crucial saves did Strakosha have to do in the end, the ones you think that could have provided Chievo with 3 points.  Necessary saves were prevented by Wallace, Aberbi & Patric.

Those aren't those if's and maybe's you mentioned, these are facts.  Bad luck does matter, it always does.  Look when Napoli faced them last week, with some luck they score at least 3 times.  And some luck today makes that Ciro strike go in from the post, result 3 points and nobody talks about this performance tomorrow.

Did we create enough, hell no.  Did we deserve to win, of course.

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 08:34:05 PM »

Yet another pathetic Lazio performance. Now even mediocre clubs are reading Inzaghis tactic like an open book. I still belive a tactic formation is needed, cuz the feeling is that even the players don't believe in it anymore.

Addi1900

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 09:01:13 PM »

I don't know Evesto, for me luck in football is down to refereeing errors or something like that. Missing a chance or hitting the post is down to bad finishing. I hate it when Inzaghi says "We deserved more", the players deserve what they work for. Today what they got and deserved was a draw.

About Chievos chances, sure Strakosha didn't have to make saves, but there were definitely dangerous situations near the end. I remember a 2 vs 2 where Djordjevic made a bad pass. Or when Kiyise was unmarked at the far post and was close to finding Pellisier. These are chances for Chievo they rue missing.
I too play the banjo

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2018, 09:39:10 PM »

Yet another pathetic Lazio performance. Now even mediocre clubs are reading Inzaghis tactic like an open book. I still belive a tactic formation is needed, cuz the feeling is that even the players don't believe in it anymore.

This.

we cant play with badelj as a lone defensive mid. he is toooo slow. Fielding him, milinkovic and parolo is a propper mistake. that's a midfield I could outrun...

in the fist half the players could not pass to each other, even to save their lives. 0 agression....

Boksic

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2018, 10:04:59 PM »

This.

we cant play with badelj as a lone defensive mid. he is toooo slow. Fielding him, milinkovic and parolo is a propper mistake. that's a midfield I could outrun...

in the fist half the players could not pass to each other, even to save their lives. 0 agression....

Apart from Leiva there is no one who could do that job. However the issue has nothing to do with our midfield. Its more related to the positioning of our players on the field. It looks like we have less players on the field when progressing forward and less when're defending, its like we're always getting caught. There is no balance and its due to the tweaks done by Inzaghi to our formation in pre season which has absolutetly failed.

Agent Orange

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 10:15:32 PM »

Leiva is so missed, he is so important for Mr Inzaghis gameplan to work.

Another thing i have been thinking about, perhaps SMS and LA needs a defender like de Vrij who really can pass and cross and be an ”quarter-back” i mean compare Wallace passes, it doesnt even hold Serie C class..
Against modern football!

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 10:24:05 PM »

Inzaghi said that he wished to substitute everyone after the first 45 minutes, and I agree. So frustrating
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 12:01:14 AM »

So the team will be in Ritiro from Tuesday and all the way until the match against Sampdoria.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2018, 12:14:13 AM »

Good. Something need to be done before it escalate into a deep problem.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2018, 12:21:07 AM »

Good. Something need to be done before it escalate into a deep problem.

If Lazio was a person I would think this person had fallen into deep depression and so far didn't have anyone talking to him.

We were flying high last season. We looked like one of the best teams in EL, We were so close to getting into the final of the coppa and finally we could reach out and touch that CL spot..and yet all that stuff was taken away from us in the most brutal fashion ever. Mental collapse against Salzburg, Penalty loss against Milan and then another mental collapse against Inter.

I'd like to assume somewhere along the lines Inzaghi and the rest of the leadership talked about how get back on track. How to hit the mental reset button and start all over.

Do you guys think the club has a team of sports psychologists working with them? Do you think the players have gotten this help that any sane person would have needed after suffering so many agonizing defeats over such a short period of time?

This Lazio looks like they are so afraid of losing that they don't actually believe in victory.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5