Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Serie A: Chievo Verona - SS Lazio 1-1, 02/12/2018  (Read 998 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Chievo Verona - SS Lazio 1-1, 02/12/2018
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2018, 12:25:00 AM »

So the team will be in Ritiro from Tuesday and all the way until the match against Sampdoria.

Well we sort a threw away  4 to 6 points the last weeks the club was expecting to have now.
Normal some people are pissed.

Those points would have been a nice step towards keeping 4th spot for a while but that will get much tougher now. 
Milan has a slight easier schedule and we've allowed Merda to get closer again.

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2018, 12:26:55 AM »

This team does nit need a new manager, it needs new fans.

We are two points from 4th, wevalready faced juve, milan, inter, napoi and rioma, we work with pennies compared to the other clibs but the fans believe we should fire a constantly overperfoming manager.

That said, what a rubbish game today.
FORZA LAZIO!

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2018, 01:46:10 AM »

I hear you val, some of the comments are over the top but it's hard to understand how we have 1 point against the big five. I don't know about you, but I don't get the same feeling when we beat Inter or Milan like when we beat Genoa or Cagliari.

Look at Badelj and Marusic when Chievo starts their counter attack. Unacceptable reactions. Badelj just doesn't give a **** and Marusic is not smart enough to realize that he needs to chase after those players in the middle and not cover the one who's running next to the commercial banners. Acerbi was late just a bit with his tackle and Wallace is just Wallace.

I feel like we have a mental problem as much as we have a quality problem.

One thing we all keep forgetting is that these players failed last season. They failed to do it when it mattered. They still didn't recover from it and Inzaghi should be there to remind them that they can do a lot better, but then he says that he would sub all of them if he could. I'd tell him to go **** himself if I was his player.

Ilsemprelaziale, I hope they do not have a psychologist at the club. They are playing football, they aren't in war. All they need is confidence and training.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2018, 01:50:38 AM »

We are two points from 4th, wevalready faced juve, milan, inter, napoi and rioma, we work with pennies compared to the other clibs but the fans believe we should fire a constantly overperfoming manager.

That said, what a rubbish game today.

Yes the 'Inzaghi out' hysteria tends to come out after a bad result.  Wich has no sense since the players underperform and not him. 

Some call out for a new formation every time.  Can you imagine Patric or Marusic rightback every week.  Or Lulic, Lukaku.  Wallace or Ramos in the middle responsible man on man against attackers. 

We don't have attacking wingers anymore except Correa now and more or less Lulic so we'd have to go 4312/4321.
That would make us either pure countering or making the attackers directly responsible for all offensive moves.

That would render Lazio much less able to break down opponents, plus we don't have attackers that can force everything by themselves.

I can see zero logic to change with this roster.  And if Inzaghi would by feeling the need or pressure then things are very likely to get uglier.  A new and fitting CB and RB would hugely improve the current 352 and also allow us to change when needed like today but with less risk.

The thing is we spent a lot on Durmisi, Correa, Berisha and Acerbi over the summer so i don't expect that, not even one.
Also because of all the new contractsituations that cost a lot. 

We'd have more room if we could have bought Acerbi with De Vrij cash so hereby another big thanks to the dutchman for cheating the club out of every penny.

Cathal

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2018, 09:37:20 AM »

Here's something I was told last week in a discussion regarding Lazio which maybe puts things into perspective.

1927 have 45 people working in their communications sector, Lazio have 2 people in that department.

That should give you an idea of what we have to sacrifice in certain areas to remain competitive on the pitch. Yes, the performance was sub-par and the result was disappointing, but this remains a better effort than drawing at home to Chievo as Napoli did last week or losing in Udine as 1927 did. And yet, look at their resources compared to ours.

If we're 8th or 9th come the winter break, a discussion will have to be had but as of today, Inzaghi is pretty much the most blameless person out there because he is the only one in the last 2-3 years that has achieved what has been expected of him on a consistent basis.

As much as I hate this, someone did say to me after hearing a Lazio fan racially abuse every black player going at the Olimpico last weekend that maybe our 'bad luck' is sometimes the karma we deserve and I must admit, there is a small part of me that, when reading Inzaghi should get the sack, almost wants us not to win to serve a much-needed reality check.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 10:49:42 AM »

They deserve Mandorlini or Donadoni. That would be hilarious.

Was really sad because of Inzaghi last night. He looked like very, very dissapointed man during first half. Never saw him like that.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 10:51:54 AM by Crni Đorđe »
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

The Tactical Analyst

• Aquilotto
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2018, 11:07:07 AM »

Another underwhelming performance and disappointing loss of points to a much inferior team following draws with Milan and Sassuolo. If bad luck and questionable refereeing decisions played a key role last season for us missing out on UCL, there is an overwhelming feeling that Lazio does not deserve to be in top 4 this year given these recent performances.  Inzaghi has some real problems which need to be dealt with if this team stands any realistic chance of making the top 4 this season.

Like several times this season, the performance is underwhelming as a result of several disappointing individual performances and an overall poor collective effort.  The first half was particularly disappointing and, like Inzaghi said after the game, may have been the worst effort this team produced under his management so far. 

Despite dominating possession, the team gives away the ball too easily and looks incredibly vulnerable on the counter against a team which, with the exception of Walter Birsa, have no real quality up front (all due respect to Pellisier).  Given the poor individual quality of 1/3 of that back-3 (read Wallace) and wingbacks/wingers (Lulic/Marusic), questions can indeed be raised regarding the 3-1-4-1-1 system; should Inzaghi revert to back four or find an alternative solution under the current system? The lack of quality wingers, as some have raised on this forum, is arguably the biggest issue offensively given that both are afforded a lot of space and possession without any real penetration.  Not once did either Lulic or Marusic put pressure on the Chievo defenders or manage any dangerous crosses despite several opportunities throughout the game, and this ended up indirectly costing the team 2 points in a game that should have been won.

Equally, the lack of quality in the transition phase from defence to offense was especially clear with Wallace in particular looking slow and insecure when managing possession from the back.  There were clear instructions from Inzaghi in the second half to allow Badelj to drop down and carry the ball forwards with a slight improvement, but the problems persist nevertheless and needs to be addressed.  Fast paced transition is even more important against opponents like Chievo who like to sit deep to compensate for their lack of individual skill and pace.   

Collectively, the effort fell short in at least three aspects:

1) Sloppy passing and ball retention.  Too many easy giveaways due to poor concentration and poor decision making.  Lulic, Wallace, Marusic and Savic were specially to blame as they retained a lot of possession during the game without any significant results. 

2) Lack of urgency and speed.  With exception of the period immediately running up to equalizer, Lazio looked slow and without urgency to get into danger positions. Unfortunately,  the good period leading up to equalizer, which saw Lazio drive up the tempo and produce a few good combinations in the final third (including the goal), was completely offset after the goal when the team inexplicably allowed Chievo back into the game. Weíve seen this many times this season when the team yields initiative back to an inferior opponent and this is a huge problem. 

3) Lack of ideas and quality in the final third.  Again, with the exception of a brief period in the second half, Lazio does not look like a team with a clear offensive strategy.  Too much seems to be relying on improvisation and individual effort.  Pointless passing sideways rendered the overall offensive effort predictable and static, making it easy for Chievo to intercept and counter.  Again, I put this down largely to lack of quality performances from the wingers who often are afforded time and space but fail to produce quality chances.

None of the above-mentioned issues are unprecedented and if the team was unfairly punished and unlucky last season with controversial VAR decisions and poor refereeing, there is an undeniable feeling this season that the (still good) position in the table is not a true reflection of the teamís tactical performance.  These are urgent issues which need to be addressed by Inzaghi in order to entertain any realistic hopes of making UCL next season.  Unfortunately, the way things are heading, there are not many reasons to be optimistic.  Absent the acquisition of another first team quality winger, central defenceman or a successful tactical change by Inzaghi, we may be have to brace ourselves for a tough winter and spring. 

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2018, 12:16:16 PM »

A short quote i saw on twitter this morning could be an eyeopener for many :

' Since the start of the season we haven't hit form yet, but still in the running for that 4th spot '

I'll chose to keep this in mind.  Lazio had several games far beneath our level, it should only get better.

:offlag:

Cathal

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2018, 12:19:12 PM »

if the team was unfairly punished and unlucky last season with controversial VAR decisions and poor refereeing, there is an undeniable feeling this season that the (still good) position in the table is not a true reflection of the teamís tactical performance.

You could argue that when SMS scored 5-10 wondergoals last season, that was 'lucky' and likewise, you could consider it 'unlucky' that Luis Alberto has a chronic injury this season, that Leiva was 'lucky' last season when he survived injury and 'unlucky' now to be picking up injuries in quick succession. I could go on all day, but I won't - you get my point. Last season we were 'lucky' in ways no one acknowledged, this season we have been 'unlucky' in ways most choose to not accept.

Point is, 'luck' is an overrated aspect of the game. As Addi1900 (I think) pointed out, you can argue a shot hitting the post is bad 'luck' or, simply, that the shot just wasn't good enough to be a goal. You can argue that Banti refusing to give 10 out of 10 50/50 incidents is bad 'luck' or accept the referee is Banti, expect it, and prepare for it.

Looking at our 14 league games to date, I would agree this isn't a team you'd fancy to finish in the Top 4 but here's the point I would make: we didn't look like a Top 4 team pre-November or post-April last season either. And we didn't finish in the Top 4.

So if we accept this is a bad period of form, don't overreact, get behind the team and hope guys like LA and Leiva recover, SMS plays himself into form, the backline finds some cohesion etc., we have 24 games left to stake our Top 4 claims.

Switch to a back four now or sack manager, and we can all forget about it. A Radu - Acerbi - Wallace - Patric backline or 73 year-old Edy Reja, Giampiero Venture and Jorge Sampaoli as new managerial candidates? Careful what we wish for...

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2018, 01:16:58 PM »

Careful what we wish for...
THIS!!!  :bravo: :bravo:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5