Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Serie A: Chievo Verona - SS Lazio 1-1, 02/12/2018  (Read 997 times)

Doctor

• Aquilotto
Re: Serie A: Chievo Verona - SS Lazio 1-1, 02/12/2018
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2018, 12:26:00 PM »

I can make a very simple argument as to why that's the case - Juventus with CR7, Inter with Keita, de Vrij etc. and Milan with financial stability plus Higuain et al. have all taken a step forward.

If you compare their results in the league now to their results at the end of last season - and their results against us compared to last season - you could say it's obvious.

We can finish 5th and add guys like Badelj and Berisha and demand a Top 4 placing, but if Juve, Inter, Milan, Napoli and 1927 have their act together, we finish behind them every time.

And right now, it looks like at least 4 of them have their act together and that's the main reason we're sitting in 5th and not feeling optimistic about our CL chances.

There is not question that Juve, Inter and Milan have taken step forward. But you have to agree than some other clubs line Napoli and Roma have taken step backwards.
Keep in mind that our regression in big games as well as overall regression started last season.
After a good start last season, we have just 3 points from the last 12 derbies.
H Roma 1-2
A Inter 0-0
A Milan 1-2
A Napoli 1-4
H Juventus 1-2
U Roma 0-0
H Inter 2-3
H Napoli 1-2
A Juventus 0-2
A Roma 1-3
H Inter 0-3
H Milan 1-1
0W 3D 9L (9-24)
If we add two Cup games against Milan its 14 derbies without a win. That can not be a coincidence. That really suggests that we do not have enough talent.
But last season we have regressed in non-derby games as well. The regression appeared to have started after 11 games. We started the season 9-1-1 (31-12) and finished the season 12-8-7 (58-37) which is not that great.

I agree that we can not feel optimistic about our CL chances. Especially not with the somewhat aging squad. On the other hand Roma (which is still behind us) is young and have a lot of new faces which would suggest that they are only going to get better as time goes along. And I am afraid that I can not say the same thing about us.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2018, 08:51:01 PM »

Now we understand how great player DV is.
 With him in field the others didn't was bad like this season.

Doctor

• Aquilotto
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2018, 10:42:47 PM »

Now we understand how great player DV is.
 With him in field the others didn't was bad like this season.

We did. And so did Inter.

eleven

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2018, 02:05:54 PM »

Don't think we are worse this season at defending than we were last. If something i think a very little bit better. Don't think DV leaving has rocked us. Our problem is in offence being less efficient and out of form, due to various reasons.

sniperpon

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2018, 03:19:34 PM »

Don't think we are worse this season at defending than we were last. If something i think a very little bit better. Don't think DV leaving has rocked us. Our problem is in offence being less efficient and out of form, due to various reasons.

I agree with this. I can't back it with stats, and I know he hasn't been perfect, but I prefer Acerbi to de Vrij. de Vrij always struck me as a bit of a light weight, whereas Acerbi is more no-nonsense, and does a lot more communicating with the other players.

Doctor

• Aquilotto
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2018, 02:39:06 AM »

I agree with this. I can't back it with stats, and I know he hasn't been perfect, but I prefer Acerbi to de Vrij. de Vrij always struck me as a bit of a light weight, whereas Acerbi is more no-nonsense, and does a lot more communicating with the other players.

In terms of stats we are a bit worst. Just one goal. But our offense decreased by 16 goals.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]