Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Serie A: SS Lazio - UC Sampdoria 2-2, 08/12/2018  (Read 1270 times)

Doctor

• Aquilotto
Re: Serie A: SS Lazio - UC Sampdoria 2-2, 08/12/2018
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2018, 03:07:38 PM »

CDS shows that Milinkovic Savic ran 12,6 km, the most of all players on the pitch, won 10 duels, also most on the pitch, and has ran at averagely the highest speed of all players. They also wrote that he has more defensive duties than last season. I do not know if that is the reason why he is playing badly, or maybe he is not playing that bad but has different tasks on the field. I would like to get an explanation about this from someone who follows it closely, if anyone does, please.

I am not an expert but two things come to mind.
1. Regardless of how he is playing, he is trying very hard and therefore it is pointless to criticize him.
2. He certainly has somewhat different responsibilities and is asked to do more with aging teammates around him.
3. But the opposition is probably better prepared for his this season which is limiting his play.

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2018, 03:34:16 PM »

CDS shows that Milinkovic Savic ran 12,6 km, the most of all players on the pitch, won 10 duels, also most on the pitch, and has ran at averagely the highest speed of all players. They also wrote that he has more defensive duties than last season. I do not know if that is the reason why he is playing badly, or maybe he is not playing that bad but has different tasks on the field. I would like to get an explanation about this from someone who follows it closely, if anyone does, please.

I am not an expert but two things come to mind.
1. Regardless of how he is playing, he is trying very hard and therefore it is pointless to criticize him.
2. He certainly has somewhat different responsibilities and is asked to do more with aging teammates around him.
3. But the opposition is probably better prepared for his this season which is limiting his play.
You can point out lack of talent, lack of speed, mental errors, tactical issues - but there isn't a player in our squad who doesn't try hard. These guys are professionals and do their job. We had lazy players in the past, but trying hard isn't an issue for any member of the current squad.

We can throw stats around that make SMS look good, but he just hasn't been very good this season. Certainly not as bad as earlier in the season after he returned from the World Cup, but far from peak form and certainly not performing like our 2nd highest paid player. Maybe we should move him to the right for a change and give Berisha a run on the left. It would give Parolo some well-deserved rest because he will wear down towards the end of the season if playing 40+ games again, just like last season.

We somehow must get less predictable in general and put the chess piece we have in SMS in better positions to succeed. I can close my eyes and pinpoint where exactly SMS will be on the pitch in any given situation.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2018, 04:31:07 PM »

Stats are one part - an overall display another part.

Fact is that next to Strakosha, it's SMS who needed too much time to track back at the 2:2. Before the long pass came, he is about 1,5 metres away from Saponara. If he moves with him, we would not talk about Strakosha (who still does in that situation all wrong).

Second one is Radu who loses so easy a fight for a header. He simply doesn't move to the ball or tries to irritate the opponent on the header.

Acerbi leaves his opponent because he saw what is coming but he was too far away - no fault for him.

SMS and Radu suck here like hell... Strakosha is the tops it...

Complete lack in concentration and pushing until the end.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2018, 05:01:32 PM »

And exactly because Samp is going to be smack the ball to the box, isn't it more logical to have Milinkovic Savic challenge for a header in our own box than to have him chase after the ball? I can probably run faster than him, pace was never his strong side.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2018, 02:50:27 PM »

What's even more retarded is that the same group of people were after De Vrij with some very harsh words. The point back then was that De Vrij did not show any loyalty towards the club. I was very upset about his decision as well, I think many Lazio fans were.

De Vrij left without extending..lack of loyalty. Sergej extends his contract when half of europe wants to sign him and this is how they treat him only a few months after?

I am starting to think Lazio would be a much better environment without these people. They consider themselves bigger and more important than the club.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2018, 03:12:08 PM »

They demand more work effort from him after he ran 12.6 km :razz:

He's not playing well and someone has paid them to insult him and make him wanna leave Lazio. He knows better than that I hope.

The worst thing is that the club isn't defending him against these people. No statement in the media, no communication, nothing. I don't think that these people deserve the attention, but still some kind of support needs to be given to the player. If Milinkovic Savic was black, this would be all over the media and a big fuss would be made. Racism in racism, this shitty world we live in...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:27:22 PM by lazioserbia »

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2018, 10:27:55 PM »

its good to realize football is not athletics, running in football is not everything

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2018, 01:43:30 PM »

Badelj fit and injury free but not selected for tonight.  Should we think somerhing of this or not?

Inzaghi did take him of the field quit early against Samp to get more speed on the field.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2018, 01:46:52 PM »

I think playing Acerbi is a very stupid move. Who cares about this game anyway?

Inzaghi seems to be having trouble with the selection. Looks like he's making mistakes...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]