Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Europa League: Lazio - Eintracht Frankfurt, Thursday, 13-12-2018  (Read 643 times)

badboyyy

• Aquilotto
Re: Europa League: Lazio - Eintracht Frankfurt, Thursday, 13-12-2018
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 07:33:09 PM »

Iirc Basta is not part of Serie A team so I hope he gets some minutes to say goodbye tomorrow.

That would be a nice touch but I think he's also very much out of the Europa League setup too. We'll see, but it sounds like he's not really training with the first team.

I could go on all day about why I think imposing a ritiro was a poor call, but whoever decided to put Basta in the EL squad over Patric made a huge error.

Yesterday I saw Basta on Lazio Instagram, he is training with our first squad.
Forza Laziale!

Cathal

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 09:00:51 PM »

Yesterday I saw Basta on Lazio Instagram, he is training with our first squad.

Yeah, but there's a group of players that train with the first team but don't participate in tactical drills and I got the impression, he may be in that camp. We'll soon find out I guess.

• Aquilotto
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 10:16:33 PM »

No one game in Europe is pointless. Lazio sould try to win the game inspite of the team has already qualified for the next phase. Eintracht is team from top 4 league in Europe and i hope Lazio will beat them  :twinkle:

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 02:08:43 PM »

We had 3 primavera in the previous game while we only call one now. I also think we should give Rossi a try here instead of starting with Alberto + Correa upfront n Acerbi must be rested anyway.
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
FORZA LAZIO!!!

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 03:57:03 PM »

I dont think Acerbi wants to be rested.. hes on a really long run of consecutive games that I think he wants to continue for as long as he possibly can.

I think until he asks to be rested, he plays.

I want to see Rossi play this game. We know what Caicedo and Correa can do, but Rossi hasnt had much opportunity to show if what he did in pre-season can translate to professional level defences or not, and id like to see him get the chance.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 04:52:55 PM »

I dont think Acerbi wants to be rested.. hes on a really long run of consecutive games that I think he wants to continue for as long as he possibly can.

I think until he asks to be rested, he plays.

I want to see Rossi play this game. We know what Caicedo and Correa can do, but Rossi hasnt had much opportunity to show if what he did in pre-season can translate to professional level defences or not, and id like to see him get the chance.

Two chances to see Rossi play tonight coming from the bench i'm guessing :
- once we would have a comfortable lead
- or if we would have lost it with clear numbers already
Otherwise i would be doubtfull.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 05:32:57 PM »

This is the perfect game for it though, it couldnt be less meaningless..  we cant win the group even if we won 10-0, and we cant fall to 3rd even if we lose 10-0,  so it really should be the perfect opportunity to play the people who dont get the chance in the games that matter

Akha

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 03:26:08 PM »

Not really much convincing stuff from Berisha, Luiz Felipe or other bench guys  :whistle:.

Possible adversaries for 1/16 are: Arsenal, Bayer, Benfica, Chelsea, Dinamo Zagreb, Dynamo Kyiv, Genk, Real Betis, Salzburg, Sevilla, Valencia, Villarreal, Zenit.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 04:04:57 PM »

If the Lazio we've seen in the last two months is the same Lazio we see for the round of 32 then it won't matter who we draw.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Cathal

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 04:22:26 PM »

If the Lazio we've seen in the last two months is the same Lazio we see for the round of 32 then it won't matter who we draw.

We shouldn't overreact. The forum underestimated Eintracht (who are geunine Top 4 contenders in Germany) and I'm thankful we even got past Marseille and Apollon.

The way we played against Samp, with improved finishing, we'd beat at least half the teams in the draw. And the actual games are 2 months away.

Last night's game was completely and utterly meaningless. It was a chance for our fringe players to get into some sort of form. But for poor play from Berisha and Luiz Felipe, we'd have probably won. Onwards and upwards.
Pages: 1 [2] 3