Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Serie A: Lazio - Cagliari, Saturday, 22-12-2018  (Read 893 times)

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquila Senior
Re: Serie A: Lazio - Cagliari, Saturday, 23-12-2018
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 08:55:01 PM »

All this fear from switching formation... I can't get the never ending love for 3511 after more than a winless month and a not very convincing start to the season. We collected some important points after the expectedly rough start vs Juve and Napoli, but our product on the field was never good enough.

For all doubters: It's still the same players and their style won't change overnight. But at least something new to jumpstart the players and kill the downward spiral. Every single one of these players has played in such a formation before. Although I'm interested to see if the lineup is true, because Parolo and SMS would have much less freedom, especially if Lulic-Marusic are the fullbacks. I would play a more defensive minded fullback on one side, like Ramos instead of Marusic for better balance.

Maybe it will be closer to 4231. Not classic 4231 with prototype wingers since we have none, but a dynamic trio behind Ciro with fullbacks providing width when necessary. Excited for this as Inzaghi for sure has been reading suggestions in here for a while!  :beer:

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 09:40:33 PM »

Whichever system gets us scoring again, because even if we played 8-1-1 we would still somehow concede.

DAJE
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 09:53:42 PM »

It's Saturday, 22nd just to be correct.

I am one of those who'd like to change to a 4 man backline. We don't have the personell for 3 man backline and it looks chaotic. How terrible some our defenders might look, they all had years and years of background with 4 at the back. That's the most natural set up. But I don't want to see Lulic atm so I'd play

Caceres/Marusic (can't really decide), Wallace, Acerbi, Radu.

Yes Wallace is a disaster, but he is way better in a CB pairing then a wide CB in a 3 man backline where he is caught out of position and too slow. I am more comfortable with him in a 4 man backline and I'd think he'd be relieved too and put on some good performances.

You're joking right, 'years of experience with 4' ...  :what:

Acerbi centrally and Radu as leftback wich is history because he's beyond that capacity now, that's it, the only ones.
Caceres on his way out most likely so no need discussing the fact he's a shadow of the past.

Bastos was always RCB and according Inzaghi unuasable centrally, Wallace 1 season at Monaco as CB (not a succes), Marusic a winger, Durmisi wingback,  Lukaku wingback, Lulic wingback or winger, Ramos inexperienced.

We have less personell for a 4d line, that should be reasonably clear.

This will be an attempt to get back on track scoringwise because we can't keep it up even if it works.
And the sell and buy to obtain the needed roster to play with 4 again might take 2 or 3 mercato's.

Not that i would mind letting go of Marusic, Lukaku, Bastos.  But the club would be taking losses, not even mentioning the 7.5mil investment in Durmisi who's to short for fullback in Serie A.

We'd need 2 new CB's, 2 leftbacks and 2 rightbacks to look decent or stick with several players out of position and get nowhere.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2018, 10:08:17 PM »

All this fear from switching formation... I can't get the never ending love for 3511 after more than a winless month and a not very convincing start to the season.

I personally have no love for a any 3 man backline setup but i'm convinced with the roster as is it's the best way.  What matters is results nothing else.  Formation switches are not scary, but they are when you change it to a 4 man line with 3 players out of the natural position. 

Cathal

Re: Serie A: Lazio - Cagliari, Saturday, 22-12-2018
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2018, 10:33:45 PM »

We're playing a Cagliari side that can't score and can't win and may be without Pavoletti. If we played 3-5-1-1, they would aim to get players in behind our wing-backs and aim crosses at Cerri all day and could quite easily nick something.

So if this is Inzaghi deciding this is the time to debut the Plan B he has been working on, fair enough. It's matching Cagliari man-to-man, so I get it.

But if we were travelling to Turin and playing Juve and I saw this line-up, I'd question Inzaghi's sanity, so this really needs to be 3 points for me or at least a much improved performance. Otherwise, I'll have a few questions to ask myself.

PS. This is the early-kick off on Saturday (12:30 CET). Someone won't know or will have forgotten.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 10:38:15 PM »

I will wake up with a monster hangover anyway, what's a bit more headache
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 10:38:31 PM »

All this fear from switching formation... I can't get the never ending love for 3511 after more than a winless month and a not very convincing start to the season.

I personally have no love for a any 3 man backline setup but i'm convinced with the roster as is it's the best way.  What matters is results nothing else.  Formation switches are not scary, but they are when you change it to a 4 man line with 3 players out of the natural position.
Well, the results haven't been a succces for 7 games now and we haven't had a clean sheet in 11 games so I can't say that 3 man defence works that great.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 10:59:09 PM »

Well, the results haven't been a succces for 7 games now and we haven't had a clean sheet in 11 games so I can't say that 3 man defence works that great.

Put that backline at Bergamo and that possible 1-1 in the end wouldn't have mattered.  Probably 3 in our nets already.
Besides toying with Wallace they had nothing.  And that was because of the 352.  It's just a matter of form and belief, and of course gifting them a goal.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2018, 01:27:00 PM »

Acerbi - Radu partnership  :wow:

Could be a disaster, could be the start of something beautiful...

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2018, 02:07:16 PM »

So now we trash Cagliari 5 0 and the change of tactics is the reason we are so good?

I do not understand why Inzaghi fell under the pressure but changing the tactics now is something I would not do. Maybe only in FM.

Correa, Alberto and Milinkovic Savic behind Immobile could do some serious damage to any club so that is basically the only thing I am excited about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6