Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Serie A: SS Lazio 3-1 Cagliari, 22/12/2018  (Read 734 times)

Stefano6

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A: SS Lazio 3-1 Cagliari, 22/12/2018
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2018, 08:19:57 PM »

Its a foul, end of. I cant count the amount of times a similar situation has happened all over the world, a tussle between two players in the box results in a penalty, regardless of whether either of them touches the ball.
If the action of play had been 40 yards away and Bastos brings down a guy unrelated to play, in the box, then sure that would not be a penalty, but that is not the situation here. Its clear as day.

"Dangerous play" does not mean a foul, it means, as in the example given in the link, if a player tries an overhead kick and its deemed to close the another players head. Something which is often given as a free kick.

The Cagliari player is clearly intending to attack the area of the ball, hes not running there to get a coffee, Bastos elbows him in the neck/chest and impedes him. Its a foul. Im not even gonna bother argueing anymore cos youre just wrong.

You know as well as I do that had the situations been reversed, and we had a corner, and a Cagliari player had done that to Ciro while another Cagliari player cleared the ball, youd be calling for a penalty, not an indirect free kick.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:22:31 PM by Stefano6 »

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 08:25:49 PM »

Semi unrelated but what I do find slighly annoying is how, for weeks this place has been doom and gloom and "crisis" and "fire Inzaghi", more activity than I remember since summer.

Now we play some decent football, and win, without changing formation, and all people care to talk about is whether we should have conceded a penalty or not...  :rolley:

I mean, its Cagliari, im not expecting fireworks and confetti, but we win after a rough patch, and due to other results, we are 4th in the league. Lets enjoy that a bit, no?

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2018, 09:11:21 PM »

Semi unrelated but what I do find slighly annoying is how, for weeks this place has been doom and gloom and "crisis" and "fire Inzaghi", more activity than I remember since summer.

Now we play some decent football, and win, without changing formation, and all people care to talk about is whether we should have conceded a penalty or not...  :rolley:

I mean, its Cagliari, im not expecting fireworks and confetti, but we win after a rough patch, and due to other results, we are 4th in the league. Lets enjoy that a bit, no?

:bravo:

I tought this place would be revived this evening.   :whistle:

Anyhow, i just watched the game now after knowing the score beforehand. 
The extra attacking minded players had their influence, just what was required to get back on track.

:stendvl: :offlag:

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2018, 09:23:00 PM »

The peace and quiet is probably more related to the fact that we lost members due to the downtime and that the holidays have more or less started.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2018, 09:57:51 PM »

I am not one of the members who whined and wanted to sack Inzaghi so should I not discuss stuff I wanna because it bothers you that someone else has whined lately?

It is not even that important whether we conceded or not since we won. The interpretation of the rules is what is bothering me.

The ball was so far away from Bastos that it might have been in the midfield too. That is exactly my point. If the ball was 50%50 between Bastos and the Cagliari player than I would understand, but the cross was so poor that the ball never reached any dangerous position.

Giving a penalty for that is bullshit.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 09:59:54 PM by lazioserbia »

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2018, 10:21:54 PM »

oh ffs give it a rest. You can't go elbowing people in the 16m box, wherever the ball is
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2018, 10:36:45 PM »

oh ffs give it a rest. You can't go elbowing people in the 16m box, wherever the ball is

Indirect free kick offences

When any player in the opinion of the referee:
plays in a dangerous manner
impedes the progress of an opponent when the ball is not within playing distance of either player
prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from their hands
commits any other offence, not previously mentioned in Law 12, for which play is stopped to caution or send off a player

You cannot elbow someone in the face and get a yellow. You cannot kick someone in the face and get a yellow. But it did happen.

You posted the ****ing rules, why not bother to read them as well?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 10:39:19 PM by lazioserbia »

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2018, 10:40:05 PM »

Elbow to the face is not "impeding"

God damn it, he only got a yellow because the rules now prevent "double jeopardy" or whatever, you can no longer get a double punishment like before, a red card AND a penalty.

The rules regarding the penalty and cards have changed. Because it was not a goal scoring opportunity, Bastos was given a yellow, and the penalty was awarded.
If it was a goal scoring opportunity, and Bastos elbowed him violently, then it could be a red and a penalty, but generally speaking, the rules have been relaxed a bit so the player committing a foul does not get the triple punishment - red card, penalty, and match suspension.
This does not apply to deliberate violent or unsportsmanlike behavior.
For instance, Luis Suarez would still get a red for that goalkeeping he did in Brazil.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36047575
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 10:51:18 PM by Sile »
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2018, 10:40:30 PM »

What's interesting to me is that we didn't change formation on paper. But by putting the players in different positions, mainly to field our magic trio LA-SMS-Correa at the same time, Inzaghi's classic 3511 looked refreshed. It was very dynamic in terms of fluidity, movement and style.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2018, 10:50:46 PM »

Elbow to the face is not "impeding"

God damn it, he only got a yellow because the rules now prevent "double jeopardy" or whatever, you can no longer get a double punishment like before, a red card AND a penalty.

Seriously, the rules are pretty straightforward, your interpretations are borderline silly

Why is it not impeding?

So, if Acerbi kicks Dzeko straight in the head in our box, he will not get a red because he made a penalty? That is one very stupid rule. Is that not only for the GK?

The fact is that indirect free kicks are not given anymore. Not even when a player passes the ball to the GK and he catches it. Football has a lot of unclear rules and this is one of them. Indirect happens in every game but the refs do not give it. Cagliari GK caught the ball today after it was passed to him by a defender, the ref never gave us an indirect.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 10:54:09 PM by lazioserbia »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4