Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What do you guys think about our time with Delio Rossi?  (Read 188 times)

Lulic71

• Aquilotto
What do you guys think about our time with Delio Rossi?
« on: January 17, 2019, 12:49:32 AM »

Personally when I look back at Delio Rossi's time I have a big smile on my face.
Do you guys remember how Zarate was like Lionel Messi lite under Delio Rossi? He was a ****ing phenomenon. The 2006/2007 season was fantastic, going to champions league with a 3 point deduction and a team far under the quality of other teams in the league. I mean we finished above the Milan team with Cafu, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo el fenomeno, Gattuso, Kaka, Seedorf, Inzaghi. Our team now has so much more quality than the one back then, but the one back then had a grinta and balls which the one today really lacks.
Also we had some historic derbies under Delio Rossi, the 3-0 after which he dived in the fountain, the 3-2 with Behrami's goal and Delio's infamous celebration and then the 4-2.
And finally the 2009 coppa italia  :winner:
I am sorry if the post seems random but today I just started going back to memory lane and wanted to see how other laziali felt about our time under Delio Rossi, who is personally my favorite coach with Reja in the Lotito era.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
Re: What do you guys think about our time with Delio Rossi?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 11:51:28 AM »

I always remember Delio with warm memories, especially the 06/07 season, however we were so inconsistent back then. We could beat Napoli or Inter one week then get thumped at home to Palermo the next.

They were hard times for the club, with Gabriele's murder and (near)relegation battles, but the thing I loved was how we turned up at the Derbies. They were very heated at times but you really felt that the players got what the occasion was.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 01:11:15 PM »

If we disregard Inzaghi then I believe Delio was the most Laziale coach we've had in recent times. I still remember seeing him in agony on the bench during the penalty shoot out against Sampdoria. He looked like a fan who was going through pain due to how much was at stake.

And yeah I agree with Gio that we were an unstable team back then, but we had grinta..so much of it.

It's strange how when the team grew and grew over the years, we also declined in terms of grinta. You don't see that type of play much anymore with Lazio. If we win we play better football, it's not that we seriously fight and defeat our opponent the same way we did previously.

I miss players like Brocchi...
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

• Aquilotto
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 03:44:29 PM »

I associate him with the winning of coppa Italia. My last memories about him are not so good. He was a coach of Levski Sofia and he totally failed.

Lulic71

• Aquilotto
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 05:22:43 PM »

I always remember Delio with warm memories, especially the 06/07 season, however we were so inconsistent back then. We could beat Napoli or Inter one week then get thumped at home to Palermo the next.

They were hard times for the club, with Gabriele's murder and (near)relegation battles, but the thing I loved was how we turned up at the Derbies. They were very heated at times but you really felt that the players got what the occasion was.
Oh 100%, we were incredibly inconsistent. I just wish our players today had the passion and ability to turn up at derbies that those did.
If we disregard Inzaghi then I believe Delio was the most Laziale coach we've had in recent times. I still remember seeing him in agony on the bench during the penalty shoot out against Sampdoria. He looked like a fan who was going through pain due to how much was at stake.

And yeah I agree with Gio that we were an unstable team back then, but we had grinta..so much of it.

It's strange how when the team grew and grew over the years, we also declined in terms of grinta. You don't see that type of play much anymore with Lazio. If we win we play better football, it's not that we seriously fight and defeat our opponent the same way we did previously.

I miss players like Brocchi...
I couldn't agree more. My biggest criticism of this team is the lack of grinta and voglia it shows on the pitch. I think grinta is one of the biggest reasons why Juve is winning so much, they obviously have a lot more quality than anyone but when I watch them play I am convinced all their players want to win. While ours sometimes are just disinterested.
Brocchi would walk into our starting 11 right now

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 06:38:09 AM »

It's one of my favourite periods as a Lazio fan but I think that's also to do with the age I was at the time, being able to literally watch every minute of every game, read updates on everything etc.

The first Lazio match I saw live was also a Delio-era game. Mostly fond memories, even if it was extremely frustrating at the time.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 12:08:58 PM »

It's one of my favourite periods as a Lazio fan but I think that's also to do with the age I was at the time, being able to literally watch every minute of every game, read updates on everything etc.

The first Lazio match I saw live was also a Delio-era game. Mostly fond memories, even if it was extremely frustrating at the time.

Lucky you, mine was Domenico Caso  :supsmile:
Pages: [1]