Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Serie A: SS Lazio - Juventus FC 1-2, 27/01/2019  (Read 1959 times)

Stefano6

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A: SS Lazio - Juventus FC 1-2, 27/01/2019
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2019, 12:24:20 PM »

I get that Rome is a difficult place to work in, but I am sure 80% of players and coaches would rather choose Lazio and Rome then Atalanta and Bergamo. Say De Zerbi have two options in the summer, Atalanta or Lazio, I am pretty sure he would choose Lazio 9 of 10 times.

Im not so sure about that to be honest.
On the pitch, the differences are not that vast.. finances about the same, Atalanta push for Europa League often and it wouldnt take a huge investment for them to start pushing for top 4, hell theyre doing it this season if their current form continues. Their current philosophy is something of a selling team, like Udinese, but it would only take a couple of seasons of finishing high in the league for them to keep hold of their best players longer and push for trophies.

So essentially not much different from us.

Then off the pitch, Bergamo is a nice place, one could live much easier than in Rome, and you dont have the sometimes ridiculous levels of pressure from all angles. Reja said his decision to leave was simply down to the stress.. Lotito really wanted him to stay but he said he couldnt leave his house without being mobbed by people often with negativity, and his Lazio could win a game 3-0 and still be criticised. At his age, he had enough.

To be honest, if a player or manager was given the choice of us and Atalanta, more or less even on the pitch, similar salaries, but the differences above, I dont think it would be such an easy decision.

Cathal

« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2019, 12:37:33 PM »

Inter that season and season before were in much more chaos imo, changing 5 managers in two seasons, specially in the season when Gasp came, he was replaced by Ranieri and he was replaced by Stramaccioni.

I get that Rome is a difficult place to work in, but I am sure 80% of players and coaches would rather choose Lazio and Rome then Atalanta and Bergamo. Say De Zerbi have two options in the summer, Atalanta or Lazio, I am pretty sure he would choose Lazio 9 of 10 times.

And I don't get your first sentence. I dunno why Inzaghi comes into this picture I was talking only about Gasperini. That day Inzaghi leaves Lazio I wouldn't mind if the next coach would be Gasperini. That's all.

I don't like the idea of talking about the next coach when the current coach is doing just fine. If we finish outside the Top 6, sure, then a post-Inzaghi discussion is natural, but I can't for the life of me understand why we'd think about it today. I'm not disrespected by it, but I find it disrespectful.

Regarding De Zerbi, I would expect him to choose Lazio over Atalanta, but I'm quite sure he would fail at Lazio and would be fairly confident he could succeed at Atalanta.

And that's the point I'm trying to make.

There's this attitude that with coaches and players, the grass is greener on the other side. But we'd just be bringing player x or coach y to Rome, where the grass is rarely green.

The Lazio job is a tough job that any manager will find a struggle. I find it really curious so many people are able to reel off suitable names. If we sacked Inzaghi tomorrow, I have no idea who would be an improvement.

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2019, 02:27:29 PM »

Im not so sure about that to be honest.
On the pitch, the differences are not that vast.. finances about the same, Atalanta push for Europa League often and it wouldnt take a huge investment for them to start pushing for top 4, hell theyre doing it this season if their current form continues. Their current philosophy is something of a selling team, like Udinese, but it would only take a couple of seasons of finishing high in the league for them to keep hold of their best players longer and push for trophies.

So essentially not much different from us.

Then off the pitch, Bergamo is a nice place, one could live much easier than in Rome, and you dont have the sometimes ridiculous levels of pressure from all angles. Reja said his decision to leave was simply down to the stress.. Lotito really wanted him to stay but he said he couldnt leave his house without being mobbed by people often with negativity, and his Lazio could win a game 3-0 and still be criticised. At his age, he had enough.

To be honest, if a player or manager was given the choice of us and Atalanta, more or less even on the pitch, similar salaries, but the differences above, I dont think it would be such an easy decision.
I think Rome is much more appealing for people then Bergamo. Historicly Lazio is much bigger club than Atalanta, you have the Rome Derby, to win a trophy is easier with Lazio, I think those factors plays in when a player or coach is in front of that decision. I also believe that Lazio waights more than Atalanta in a player/coach CV.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #153 on: January 31, 2019, 02:31:48 PM »

If you coach a Roman team in these years you are almost destined to fail and get sacked.

Seriously..which Lazio or 1927 coach in the last 10 years left their respective club within the last 10 years without leaving behind some kind of negative stigma or memories?

Mancini must be the last Lazio manager to leave the club after a season of impressive results..and he didn't get sacked right?

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2019, 02:37:08 PM »

Inter that season and season before were in much more chaos imo, changing 5 managers in two seasons, specially in the season when Gasp came, he was replaced by Ranieri and he was replaced by Stramaccioni.

And I don't get your first sentence. I dunno why Inzaghi comes into this picture I was talking only about Gasperini. That day Inzaghi leaves Lazio I wouldn't mind if the next coach would be Gasperini. That's all.

I don't like the idea of talking about the next coach when the current coach is doing just fine. If we finish outside the Top 6, sure, then a post-Inzaghi discussion is natural, but I can't for the life of me understand why we'd think about it today. I'm not disrespected by it, but I find it disrespectful.

Regarding De Zerbi, I would expect him to choose Lazio over Atalanta, but I'm quite sure he would fail at Lazio and would be fairly confident he could succeed at Atalanta.

And that's the point I'm trying to make.

There's this attitude that with coaches and players, the grass is greener on the other side. But we'd just be bringing player x or coach y to Rome, where the grass is rarely green.

The Lazio job is a tough job that any manager will find a struggle. I find it really curious so many people are able to reel off suitable names. If we sacked Inzaghi tomorrow, I have no idea who would be an improvement.
Given the fact we are currently at 8th place and in a real risk of failing the top 6 so...... Maybe a hipotetical thoughts of the next coach is in its place. I am not saying that Lazio is gonna miss top 6 but when you have a real risk of doing so, it is good to have plan B, just in case. That's all.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]