Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Serie A: Frosinone - SS Lazio 0-1, 04/02/2019  (Read 1449 times)

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Frosinone - SS Lazio 0-1, 04/02/2019
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 09:09:34 PM »

We were hardly going to play well in the second half after the exploits of the last week. I'm just pleased we won this one because we had every chance of losing it.

MMXVII

• Aquilotto
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 09:11:48 PM »

Unnessesarily hardfought win. Inzaghi handed all play over to Frosinone with that double sub - White was he thinking giving Berisha gametime When we were up by just one. He looked really out of depth in his 40 some minutes, it would have been better to give Caicedo a fuld match. Durmisi was okay but clearly hos positioning was of at times.

Strakosha MOTM for me, saved us the 3 points.

Anyways good round for us! Forza Lazio

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2019, 09:12:08 PM »

Ciro will be frustrated by that Leivas pass forcing him wide instead of launching him in a 1v1 situation, looks like he qlso got a strain. Crap
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2019, 09:12:57 PM »

Exactly how i expected, except not being sure of 3 points.  The team just came from Napoli, Juve & 120min against Inter.  This surely was not going to be a beauty prize.  3 points is all that was needed and it's what we got, job done.

Only thing i want to add that's worth mentioning is that midfield possession dropped immediatly when Berisha came on.  Certainly something that needs to be worked out.

stefano_40

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2019, 09:14:45 PM »

The main takeaway here for me is just how far Berisha and Badelj are behind Parolo and Leiva. Berisha in particular.
Durmisi wasn't bad, I just would have liked to see him take on his man a little more.

Acerbi MOTM, Strakosha was good, Radu was good. Not a lot more to add.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 09:15:41 PM »

Exactly how i expected, except not being sure of 3 points.  The team just came from Napoli, Juve & 120min against Inter. 

Exactly. A hard fought win. Bravo.

Danes

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 09:22:20 PM »

We were good in the first half and should have been up by 2 goals. Acerbi was good but I think he made a mistake that luckily didn't cost us a penalty.

2nd half was awful. Loads of tired players making loads of bad decisions and passes.

Strakosha was good. Marusic decent. He kept on running and trying. Durmisi good defensively but not very active offensively. All 3 of our subs were awful.

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2019, 09:24:35 PM »

As I predicted, it was a hard game. Aftee 3 games in 8 days with 120 minutes against merda Inter and penalty shootout, it was never a walk in the park. Now, let's beat Empoli. I predict another hard game, our players looks so tired.

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2019, 09:40:29 PM »

What a horrible 2nd half. Lucky to get 3 points. Fatigue from Coppa was a reason, but still we can't play like this and expect beating even the lowest of Serie A teams.

Bringing on Lulic was a decision that backfired. I think Inzaghi's plan was to let Lulic press hard, but he visibly had no juice and we had to sit back, which basically allowed Frosinone to take full control and push for the draw. We are in no way, shape or form a team that can sit back. As we've seen against Juve and Inter, we do quite well in defense when we stick close to the attackers and don't let them turn. We left space to Frosinone and if they had better quality, they would've scored easily.

Hope that we don't see a game again where no one of LA-SMS-Correa is on the pitch. Hence might even include Caicedo. We looked like a Serie B side against Frosinone after Caicedo went off and LA left injured. Despite the good result it's concerning that we got outplayed by Frosinone despite having our 3 captains/leaders on the pitch, 2 of them who only played 80 and 20 minutes against Inter. We just had no idea how to play after LA left, and no leader to step up. Even Leiva couldn't solve this mess and got infected by those around him a bit.

As for Durmisi and Berisha. While Durmisi didn't stand out in any way, he should rotate evenly with Lulic from now on. He has burst, decent technique, looks smart in his decisions and more solid than expected in defense as well. Certainly not worse at defending than Lulic. The lack of familiarity with LA and other players around him is still evident, so he isn't involved as often as Lulic would, but I think Durmisi had a solid game and should get picked for starting XI more often.

Berisha had some awful moments that hopefully won't define his Lazio career. It seems to me that he is pushing too hard which leads to mistakes. I still think he can be important for us. The crux is you can't start him after he looked shaky in brief appearances. I hope he keeps working hard to regain form but also calms down when he gets his chance, rather than trying to force each and every situation.

eleven

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2019, 10:13:14 PM »

Don't think it's the first time Inzaghi makes some questionable subs. But also doesn't look like he will learn.
The subs killed our game.

Otherwise Caicedo played a good game and since he scored het MOM for me.
Defence was alright untill the last 20 min, when the midfield totally colapsed.
As usual nothing positive going forward from our wingbacks.
Berisha is a big dissapointment so far, too bad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12