Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Serie A: SS Lazio - Empoli FC 1-0, 07/02/2019  (Read 1252 times)

Rizmo

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A: SS Lazio - Empoli FC 1-0, 07/02/2019
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 10:35:04 PM »

Can we have this referee more often? Calm, confident. Bravo.
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 10:35:12 PM »

You know, this was terrible to watch, and it seemed that Bastos did everything except giving away a penalty to help empoli come into dangerous conditions.

And we had one clear chance and 2 half chances in 90 minutes. Horrible.

But at least the defense (here I mean primarily Acerbi, Leiva, Radu and Strakosha) haven't conceded a goal from open play for 300 minutes - empoli, Frosinone and Inter, because that penalty was a joke.

So, a week until Sevilla, hopefully back to full strength and able to give Sevilla a run for their money. DAJE
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 10:36:07 PM »

I didn't see the first half, but in the second half Correa was totally ineffective. I think he still has a long way to reach the level of Luis Alberto.

From what I saw in the second half, I voted for Radu as man of the match.
we breathe LAZIO

eleven

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 10:37:13 PM »

Just a coincidence, but Bastos was a starter in last two games where we didn't conceded  :beer: :razz:

Jokes aside he was really bad. so were others:
SMS - poor game
Berisha - absolutely no impact in our game
Cataldi coming in had some really bad plays and fouls.
Leiva solid, but also misplaced more passes than I would like.
Acerbi was solid
Correa - decent, only missed a good finishing, so don't think he had a very bad game.
MOM - Caicedo - goal, got the penalty and had other good plays also protected the ball well.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 10:39:05 PM »

Caicedo was decisive of course but Acerbi gets my vote, without him we might not even have drawn.
The only certainty in defence.  I feel safer with him, much more then with De Vrij.

Romulo very solid.   :bravo:

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 10:40:46 PM »

Never in doubt.

Onto the next.  :offlag:
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

MMXVII

• Aquilotto
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 10:41:29 PM »

Workmanlike effort. 3 points and a clean sheet is nothing to be sad about. Romulo seende solid and looks like a good solution for the right side. Covered well for Bastos. Even though Bastos insisted on making things interesting :razz: Correa doesnt cut back and pick up the ball or go wide to make a challenge toget his teammates in position. In fact Neto played a better second striker for Correa in 10 mins than Correa did for Caicedo in the first 80 mins. Caicedo was solid. So was Lucas and Acerbi.

My biggest worry is that the lack of mins the marginal playes in the Fall is going to bite us in the ass now. Everybody besides Caicedo looked timid and uncomfortable. And we need everyone to producere some good games if we want to get wins in the league while playing double-legged cup games :ohnoo: the only one WHO seemed up for it was Neto and that worries me!

Anyways, good win. Lucas MOTM for me.

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 10:45:19 PM »

Big difference when Badelj came in for Berisha. We immediately got hold of the ball and kept it between us. Berisha is shockingly terrible so far. Always plays the safe option back, never tried to go forward. Got whistled every time on the ball from parts of the crowd eventually.
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

campiador

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 10:46:30 PM »

Romulo was impressive. He made three really dangerious crosses. Another difference with Marusic is Romulo does not go for the safest option all the time, i.e. passing back to RCB. Solid performance both defensively and offensively.

Lulic is terrible for posession football. He gives away the ball far too often. His pass accuracy was 62%, which was the lowest among 11 Lazio players. Only one Empoli player had a pass accuracy lower than Lulic. For comparison, Romuloís pass accuracy was 87%.

We canít dictate the game and play posession football with Lulic. I would like to see Durmisi start instead of Lulic. When you lose 38% of you passes, you hurt the teamís charisma, and give the opposition enough confidence to actually take control of the game. An opposition like Empoli.

Berisha, Leiva, and Badelj had all pass accuracies higher than 90%.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 10:53:20 PM by campiador »

cz35

• Aquilotto
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 10:47:52 PM »

Why SMS thinks that he can take freekicks ?

Who else would? :twinkle: I only see LA and Cataldi better than him for freekicks.

It was really good to have someone in the field that can cross (Romulo did very well, just tired himself in the end but it was expected from how much he was running to impress, in the next he will have more composure), and Pedro Neto showed some nice skill in the last 10min (i can see why they think he is worth so much, but i still wouldn't have paid that much).
But i have to say it was a really strange game, everyone was slipping, losing the ball, kicking weird, making stupid choises...seems like they didn't sleep enough...

All in all it was a good game, no real chance for Empoli and 3 points :offlag:

...i thought there was going to have more goals, good that we are learning how to win instead of playing a beautiful game...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8