Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Europa League: Lazio – Sevilla, Thursday, 14-02-2019  (Read 2094 times)

LaziAli

• LF Mods
  • Maestrelli son's
Europa League: Lazio – Sevilla, Thursday, 14-02-2019
« on: February 07, 2019, 10:29:29 PM »

:offlag: :offlag: :offlag:
Unity in Diversity

Stefano6

• LF Legend
Re: Europa League: Lazio – Sevilla, Thursday, 14-02-2019
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 09:13:02 AM »

This will of course be a hard game, but the two teams are not so far mismatched.. they too are in the same position as we are, chasing 4th place, and they are missing several important players for this game; Nolito, Vidal, and Gonolons, and maybe also Navas and Munir.

They lost to Celta Vigo last weekend, and play Eibar this weekend, who are not a bad team.

At home, after a week of rest, with Ciro and Alberto back, start Romulo, cross our fingers Bastos doesnt **** up, personally I think weve got a good chance.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 10:38:42 AM »

It’s always tough against teams specialized in cups (salzburg, atletico, sevilla, etc). But certainly possible. I guess they are on paper favorites and the fact that we play at home first leg is not a big advantage. I think the qualification will be decided by us not getting a goal at home. At 0-0 or better, I see good chances in the return.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 11:15:26 AM »

Or we simply thump them at home and then preserve our defense record and progress.

EZ
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 11:47:02 AM »

It’s always tough against teams specialized in cups (salzburg, atletico, sevilla, etc). But certainly possible. I guess they are on paper favorites and the fact that we play at home first leg is not a big advantage. I think the qualification will be decided by us not getting a goal at home. At 0-0 or better, I see good chances in the return.

Very interesting. Agree that it's always though against this kind of teams you mentioned, but i see it completely different when you talk about the fact fo playing at home.

When we play against a team where we are favourites, i also prefer the away game played first.
But vs. Sevilla, i think that it's better to play at home first.
Why? - you can only surprise in this game. More people in the stadium, so much more support than maybe in a second leg at home where we lost the first game away.
Go into this game with 1 week rest, let us look what we can do. If we get a massive result, you can change tactic for the second leg.
If we lose 0:2, let the reserve team play the second leg and rest the rest of the squad.
We know exactly after this game if we can do it, or if it's better to concentrate on the other competitions.
From the possibility to get into the next round, the number of people in the stadium, till the whole "calender management" - it's in my opinion better to play vs. this opponent at home first!

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 12:43:51 PM »

The way I see it there's two key factors that will come into play against Sevilla.

Ciro has not looked good for a while now..he must find his regular form and take whatever chances he get.

Secondly we cannot have a player like Bastos running around like a clown similar to what he did against Empoli. He gave the ball away to them numerous times and he had virtually no impact defensively. If Empoli can make him that bad then imagine what a good Spanish team can do.

Personally, I think this match is going to be more difficult than the Juve and Napoli matches. The way Sevilla plays is not good for us based on our defensive problems. I think if our defenders can't play a good match on that night then we will concede 2-3 goals.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 01:48:59 AM »

Ex player factor will have an effect here and Lazio will go trought. Ciro, Correa and who else played in Sevilla?

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 01:57:13 AM »

Ex player factor will have an effect here and Lazio will go trought. Ciro, Correa and who else played in Sevilla?

Luis Alberto is the 3rd.

And Durmisi came from Betis, so he's facing a former derby opponent.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 08:14:57 PM »

They just lost at home to Eibar. We are a better team than Eibar.

Spoke to soon, they came back to draw in the last seconds!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 08:20:59 PM by Stefano6 »

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 08:22:45 PM »

They just lost at home to Eibar. We are a better team than Eibar.

Spoke to soon, they came back to draw in the last seconds!

Tricky team Eibar, ask Real  :twinkle:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16