Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: My Lazio scarf, the world and me  (Read 9438 times)

Mr.Andersson

• Aquila Senior
Re: My Lazio scarf, the world and me
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 12:47:13 AM »

It is incredible!

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 05:07:22 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words my friends, I'm happy you are enjoying it. As I said I'm not home atm, but next wednesday I'll start writing again. Some cliff hangers: wild roller coasters in San Francisco, Alcatraz, sleeping in tent in the Rocky Mountains with below 0 celsius, the Bible belt ...
Please, take a minute at www.sslazio.dk . If there are other Scandinavian brothers who want to join, feel free!! We all understand each other anyway.

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 09:10:41 PM »

April 2nd 2010, The Wild West
San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Denver, Boulder

10. chapter

After L.A. me and Mads met up with Oliver in San Francisco and had some crazy days here. We stayed at this really funky hostel where we met a lot of Danes. The city of San Francisco is a beauty by itself, the hills, the myth and the people are all great attractions. One of my favorite museums is also located here – the Beat Museum. I’m a big follower of the Beat Generation and I visited many of their hang out places. We also made it to Alcatraz and an old amusement park. We also visited a newer amusement park – the Six flags in Vallejo where I tried he most insane roller coasters I’ve ever tried! 

When we had enough of San Francisco (well that’s a lie, but we had to move on) Mads and I made it to Salt Lake City. With all due respect for people who live there – it’s the most boring city in the world. Damn. The whole story about the Mormons is very, very interesting, but when you’ve seen their churches and so on, then that’s that! What a shame because all the young nuns were so gorgeous.

Anyway we quickly moved on to Denver where I met with some of my family – we had a blast. We visited my step-moms sister and her husband. He didn’t have a job at that time so we made a tent trip out in the wild Colorado nature. Damn it was great and beautiful. We started off in the beautiful Rocky Mountains, where we actually got to see the house they use in the series (not movie) The Shining. And it’s not at all out in the middle of nowhere – it’s looking over a city! We made it out to the Great Sand Dunes in Colorado which was way more spectacular then you could imagine. On the way there, we made it to a waterfall Dave wanted to show us – the only thing was that it was frozen!

When we came to the Sand Dunes we started ascending it. You walk two km up to the top which is so (!) hard and when you get to the top you have the most amazing view. It was very, very windy at the top which made it even more spectacular. We camped on the grounds next to the Dunes and slept in -1 Celsius. We had our sleeping bags, but it wasn’t the warmest time of my life!

They day after we made it to Arches National Park. A lot of geological things happened out there many million years ago that I can’t explain but I’ve heard of a website called Wikipedia who can answer it for you if you guys are interested! Anyway, the scenery was gorgeous, you felt like a little ant in this great world where stones had formed different huge shapes.

The day after we turned home, and on the way we passed a beautiful lake with the biancoceleste colors. One of the last days here we had an old time BBQ with their friends. Great times.

What an amazing trip. Here I also saw the Derby. After the result I had to go, I had to do something. So I went to St. Louis alone ...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:02:59 PM by Danish-Laziofan »
Please, take a minute at www.sslazio.dk . If there are other Scandinavian brothers who want to join, feel free!! We all understand each other anyway.

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 04:19:17 PM »

20th April 2010, Walking down the path of music
Cities I’ve visited: St. Louis, Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans

11. chapter

After the Derby I needed to move on. This time alone. Mads had to go home, so we said farewell and I would travel on my own the next, almost, 2 months.  My first city was St. Louis, which was a very interesting city historically. The city today was more a business city but it had some great places. I wasn’t here for that long so I stepped on the Greyhound bus and went to Nashville.  Funny fact: This was the first time I travelled south since starting in Buenos Aires in January. Every since I started my trip I had always travelled north.

Nashville was awesome! On the way I drove through Missouri, Kentucky and of course Tennessee, also known as the Bible belt,  I saw loads of funny religious signs. To respect the forum rules, and to Christian believers I will not mock the signs, just say that they were indeed special!

Anyway, Nashville. This city was packed with musical history in the Country genre. The grand ole Opry, and the Ryman Auditorium was must sees and when you walked down Broadway you couldn’t help but stop by every pub and listen to the musicians in there playing there guitar and singing. In Nashville I also met an Italian dude who was interista. Together we saw Pazzini win over some worthless team and we were both happy! In Nashville I wanted to go to an ice hockey match but it was sold out when we came to the stadium!  On the way to the next city, Memphis, I stopped at Lynchburg and visited the Jack Daniel’s distillery – the one and only distillery in the world. Interesting place, especially when you know that you are not aloud to consume alcohol in this county!

After the city of Country I travelled to the city of Blues – Memphis. Here the pubs were also filled with musicians playing Blues, but this was also Elvis’ city! Although he wasn’t born here he is often associated with this city. I visited Graceland and Sun Studios, where he, Jerry Lee Lewis and so on all made their first recordings. Memphis is truly special. I also went to see the Civil Rights Museum which was the most fascinating and best museum I was at. It was located at the motel where Martin Luther King Jr. got shot and killed so that made the whole experience even bigger.

The destination after Memphis was a city I looked forward to in a long time – New Orleans. I was so lucky to arrive to this city as their biggest festival was on the run – The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival with so much great music from all genres. Among the biggest names were Simon & Garfunkel, B.B King, Band of Horses and the mighty Pearl Jam. Good times, and I really enjoyed all the music from the smaller bands especially the big brass bands!

I met some great friends at the hostel in New Orleans – some I still have contact to today. We decided one night to go to a bar and get some real jazz music now we were in the city of Jazz. We found a bar out of 100 and payed 20 bucks for a small band with a ‘special guest’. They played for 1½ hour before the special guest entered – Elvis Costello.

After the festival I had the chance to explore the city and what a beautiful city it still is although the damage from the hurricane Katrina was still visible. The stories I heard about that period were awful. The picture is from the French Quarter which is the most charming place in New Orleans.

After visiting all these magnificent musical cities I now made my way towards the Atlantic Ocean, an ocean I hadn’t seen since Uruguay four months before …

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:22:56 PM by Danish-Laziofan »

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 09:13:57 PM »

My friends,

tomorrow I will write the 12th and last chapter to my story before I go to the Derby. so stay tuned. At the Derby I will bring the same scarf.

Thanks for reading and

FORZA LAZIO

Belgio

• Aquilotto
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 12:55:14 AM »

Can't wait to read the next chapter!!!! And can't wait to hear you tell me about all of it in person on saturday :-)

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 11:46:06 AM »

May 9th, Back to the Atlantic Ocean
Cities I visited: Charleston, Washington D.C., Buffalo, Toronto, New York City

12. chapter

After visiting all these magnificent musical cities I now made my way towards the Atlantic Ocean, an ocean I hadn’t seen since Uruguay four months before. I travelled to Charleston, South Carolina. A very beautiful city, where I stayed with some family friends once again. It was really great to have these places to stop once in a while – get a good shower, a good bed (!) and some nice food. Charleston was a fascinating city and very important in both the Revolutionary and the Civil War. I visited some of these places and some Forts. I also had the chance to go surfing, which was awesome. The first 10 minutes I was out surfing dolphins swam around me. Very idyllically! After that I had the chance to walk down the beach and make this sign:

After Charleston I made my way north to Washington D.C., where my dad lives. I stayed at his place for around a month where it was a mix with hanging out and working as him and his wife recently moved. So sometimes it felt like I was living in a construction place!

Anyway from here I had the chance to go visit some other cities. We travelled together to Buffalo to see the Niagara Falls. On the way up we saw many Amish people, and they had their own sign on the roads! I myself travelled to Toronto after Buffalo to check that city out – so I also got Canada in my passport for this amazing trip!

I stayed in Toronto for four days and I met a bunch of friends at my hostel. In Toronto I made it to various places but the most spectacular place was the CN tower – the highest tower in the world. And My God, it’s high! Look at the picture from up in the tower looking down at other skyscrapers – they are as high as those in New York! I remember taking a picture with my scarf up in this tower, but I can’t seem to find it. I’ll search for it again after I write this chapter.

I went back to Washington D.C. and my Dad’s place and when I came back I got the best birthday present I good ever imagine: a ticket to a Neil Young concert in D.C. Neil Young is my favorite musician, so this was great. I also got the opportunity to see a football match – AC Milan was touring the US, so I got the chance to see DC United-Milan. Brocchi was, as some of you might remember, a part of their squad during this tour. I sadly couldn’t meet them after the match, but the match went pretty well as DC United won 3-2 after they were leading 3-0. At the match I wore my majestic Lazio jersey and had my scarf with me. When I was on my way up to my seat somebody came over to me and said “You have the most beautiful jersey on” I agreed and we started to talk and I explained him about my trip and my project with my Lazio scarf. He was thrilled and said he was friends with Guido d’Angelis and that he could give my photos to him. Sadly I haven’t been in contact with him since. His name is Roberto, maybe somebody can help me? A real nice guy with a beautiful family. 

Before leaving the States for good I made a last trip to New York city with my good friend Mathias, who came over to travel with me the last couple of weeks. We had both been to New York City before so we didn’t want to do all the touristy stuff. We just walked around and enjoyed this magnificent city. We made it to Ground Zero, which impressed me with how long they are in building the new site. We also made the time to see stand-up on Broadway – now that’s New York cityish.

We took the flight together from New York and I was suddenly back in Denmark after six months of travelling. That was a weird experience.  I took my time to say hi to family and friends, watch the Tour de France, attend the Roskilde Festival, get visits from some of those people I met out in the grand world. Then I started writing this story. Now I’m getting ready for the Derby, as I will fly to Rome tomorrow. Life is beautiful.

FORZA LAZIO

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 12:21:53 PM »

Feel free to leave a message if anyone feels the urge :-)

BigMamaEagle

• Aquilotto
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 12:39:33 AM »

Simply amazing!

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 11:57:28 PM »

Ciao guys,

I'm off again, this time two months in Rome!! I have a blog I will update: http://aleksbvm.blogspot.com/2011/01/round-three.html

Feel free to follow, it's in english.

Forza Lazio
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4