Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Computers and Internet talk  (Read 6766 times)

lazionale

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Computers talk
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 04:53:15 PM »

service pack 3  :ohnoo: you should try windows 7 to see how your pc works ... im' not comftable at all working with xp since i installed vista and then windows 7 .. it seems using a pc of the other era

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 05:11:33 PM »

service pack 3  :ohnoo: you should try windows 7 to see how your pc works ... im' not comftable at all working with xp since i installed vista and then windows 7 .. it seems using a pc of the other era 

Same here, but Windows 7 requires with 1GB ram will hardly provide a satisfactory performance and I would recommend that in he upgrades RAM memory!
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

lazionale

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 09:56:15 PM »

yes the RAM have to be upgraded .. I have a 4GB and i think i will upgrade to a 8GB in December  for a better super  performance   :twinkle:

Btw does anybody here were i can get a cheap (in price) Toshiba satelite A-300 laptop battery online ?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:58:59 PM by lazionale »

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 10:02:35 PM »

yes the RAM have to be upgraded .. I have a 4GB and i think i will upgrade to a 8GB in December  for a better super  performance   :twinkle:

That's unnecessary, because no more than 4GB can be utilized.
Vista is a big resource user, so anyone having it as an operating system needs at least 2GB RAM. Win7 is lighter, but the new programs are using more and more memory. As I said, RAM is one of the cheapest components to upgrade, and a component you can transfer from one comp to another, whereas if your processor is the weak link then you have to worry about the motherboard socket compatibility, this and that and money above all. My computer is a piece of crap but I spent a little amount of money to upgrade the bare necessities and I'm golden.
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 08:32:40 AM »

Btw does anybody here were i can get a cheap (in price) Toshiba satelite A-300 laptop battery online ?

not enough cash here :) with about 500 euros I can make a time machine :) 4gb ram ddr 3, quad core, video 1gb ram etc :)

Addicted2lazio

• Aquilotto
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 06:56:53 PM »

Upgrade, many computer shops have unwanted laptops with huge RAM's

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 05:57:55 PM »

Upgrade, many computer shops have unwanted laptops with huge RAM's

I prefer a desktop actually :)

lollapalooza

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 01:52:21 AM »

Nice thread.
Atm I've got two machines, totally self assembled; both not that good though, since I've used only recycled parts.
Anyway I agree with Lazionale: Win7 is just another world, test it and report news.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 02:49:31 AM »

All that flashy gizmos and crap can really go to hell for all I care, I was incredibly happy with XP but tragically I got stuck with Vista and am in no hurry to upgrade, knowing my luck all would be shot to hell. And if I have to install focking Nero once again I'll smash everything and use a typewriter.

I need a better processor. I have some crappy Core 2 at 1,6 which I tweaked to 1,8 but it's still too slow. A 2 core with 3.0 is the bare minimum for all the new software.
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2010, 08:43:19 AM »

I'm incredibly happy with Xp so no need to hurry with win7 :) when I get a better machine I'll probably upgrade
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20