Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: 2018 & 2022 World Cup Host.  (Read 6801 times)

Kris

• Aquila Senior
2018 & 2022 World Cup Host.
« on: December 02, 2010, 05:53:51 AM »

Bloody nervous. **** i hope we get it. If Qatar get this in 2022, whatever credibility FIFA have, would've been thrown out the window.

Im hoping the Poms gets the 2018 bid. Good Luck to the Brits here, im cheering for you  :bravo:
FORZA EL ZORRO! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCsTBabaoIw FORZA MVFC!

drake1900

Re: 2018 & 2022 World Cup Host.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »

Okay Russia and Qatar are hosting the next world cup and how did they win: $$$$$$$$$$$$
Mister Blatter shame on you the only thing that counts for you is money!!
England should have won it.

Jofo

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 06:51:28 PM »

They won't be the first to do that so ...

Kris

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 12:20:13 AM »

Shattered, We got politically screwed. Fu.ck you FIFA.

Bobbi

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 02:13:19 AM »

:wuzz:

I'm very disappointed Australia won't be hosting the WC. To be honest Qatar, for me, actually seems alright in terms of how much effort they will put into it to make it as attractive as possible - but in terms of atmosphere and football fan activities I'm not so sure. Australia would have been a much better candidate for this. What's more bizarre for me is that the Australians only received 1 vote in the first voting round.

Russia hosting the 2022 WC is a bit ridiculous. I honestly don't see what they will offer. CNN showed the Moscow post-decision 'celebrations' (which were really nothing).

I was hoping for Spain & Portugal and Australia.

Gianni Calcio

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 02:25:59 AM »

Bloody nervous. have fun i hope we get it. If Qatar get this in 2022, whatever credibility FIFA have, would've been thrown out the window.

Im hoping the Poms gets the 2018 bid. Good Luck to the Brits here, im cheering for you  :bravo:

FIFA are dirty have fuks!
The mob and oil cartel, won the World Cup...

It should have gone back to the birth place of football, England and a sport mad country Australia!

flurffmeister

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 06:50:39 AM »

Bloody nervous. have fun i hope we get it. If Qatar get this in 2022, whatever credibility FIFA have, would've been thrown out the window.

It should have gone back to the birth place of football, England and a sport mad country Australia!

Australia ? mad about football? dude football is fancied much in australia it comes after NRL , Cricket , Baseball , basketball.....
Qatar Earned this, they put in alot of efforts for this bid.
Il tricolore non cancella l'odore.
Lotito Vattene.

flurffmeister

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 06:52:45 AM »

:wuzz:

I'm very disappointed Australia won't be hosting the WC. To be honest Qatar, for me, actually seems alright in terms of how much effort they will put into it to make it as attractive as possible - but in terms of atmosphere and football fan activities I'm not so sure. Australia would have been a much better candidate for this. What's more bizarre for me is that the Australians only received 1 vote in the first voting round.

Russia hosting the 2022 WC is a bit ridiculous. I honestly don't see what they will offer. CNN showed the Moscow post-decision 'celebrations' (which were really nothing).

I was hoping for Spain & Portugal and Australia.

Honestly i wanted England to host the Wc 2018 but you dont ignore the facts that Russia is a beautiful country and the weather would be nice then, and the fans are nothing passionate less than the english ones and their national team is good so why not?
Il tricolore non cancella l'odore.
Lotito Vattene.

Kris

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 08:15:48 AM »

Australia ? mad about football? dude football is fancied much in australia it comes after NRL , Cricket , Baseball , basketball.....
Qatar Earned this, they put in alot of efforts for this bid.

Flurf, please dont speak for my country when you say that NRL, Cricket, Baseball & Basketball is bigger than Football?

Fact 1: Football (Soccer) has the highest participation rate of any sport in Australia. This includes the dominant AFL.

Fact 2: With 1/3 less games, and a league which is only 6 seasons old, we (The A-League) average only a few thousand less (attendance figures) than the Brasilian Campionato (Brasil Host 2014) & the Russian Premier League (Russia Host 2018). In the previous world cup year of 2006-2007 our league actually exceeded these leagues averages, as well as the Portuguese, Korean, Belgian, Swiss, Ukrainian and so on. The statistics are quite easy to google. The Qatar league in 2009/10 averaged 1812 people per game, this figure is on par with Victoria's (A state in Australia) 3rd football division.

Fact 3: During the Olympics of 2000. The Olympic football tournament, barring the final was staged in all other capital cities of Australia. Average attendances for these games were phenominal, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_2000_Summer_Olympics#Group_A

This is for an U-23 tournament which in the greater scheme of things means nothing, with little or no stars playing.

Fact 4: The A-league average attendence' in all years has been higher than our domestic cricket, basketball & baseball averages (incidently, this year is the first year we have a baseball league, so how you claim baseball is popular in Australia is beyond me). Only the AFL & the NRL (marginally) have higher figures.

Fact 5: When Australia (Socceroos) play qualifiers & friendly fixtures in Australia. The crowd figures are astronomically higher than the attendences of our other national sides, including Cricket, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Basketball etc...

So all in all, let me just cap off by saying, well done to Qatar for getting the WC. Am i dissapointed? obviously. Did i think we were a chance? A great chance, at worst maybe second to the USA bid. But for Australia to only get "1" vote and Qatar to get 10 in the first round & 11 in the second, with no infrustructure, with no football history, with no sports mad population, with searing uncomfortable 50 degree heat, with a security concern described as "an unsafe nation with high security issues" as described by FIFA's own report is laughable.

If you honestly think they "earnt it" you are the most naive & bloody deluded man on this planet. Petrodollars earnt this World Cup for them, and i will be laughing my head off in 2022 when they fail miserably and FIFA have egg on their face.

Oh yeah, next time, please dont try and educate others on the sporting culture of Australia when you have no idea. The world trusts us for F1, Grand Slam Tennis, Major Golf Tournaments, Olympics (twice), Comm games, World Athletic Meets, Rugby World Cups, League World Cups, Cricket World Cups, World Cycling Championships, World Swimming Championships, Horse Racing, and a host of World Championships in every major sporting code. And not once... have we ever failed to host a brilliant event.

With a population of only 20million, we are by far the sports capital of the world.

Kris

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 08:25:40 AM »

:supsmile: :supsmile: :supsmile:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/ebayisapi.dll?viewitem&item=190475547737

Did chuckle when i saw this one on my email today.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7