Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: 2018 & 2022 World Cup Host.  (Read 6801 times)

martinese

• LF Legend
Re: 2018 & 2022 World Cup Host.
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 04:12:40 PM »

Phenomenal! If they make this reality it will be awesome. I just can't believe what I've seen ... lets hope that they really build these stadiums in the way we saw them in the clip.

pazke

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 04:23:00 PM »

Anyway ... for Qatar 2022... Messi will be 35 en C Ronaldo 37  :beer:
Think they don't realise that  :whistle:

Taib

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 05:52:15 PM »

A lot of sour grapes on this thread in relation with Qatar getting the nod. Their bid looked the best. They got it. Well done. How anyone knows what the atmosphere and so on will be like in 2022 is beyond me. Downright presumptious. More likely, sour grapes.

Taib

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 06:24:17 PM »

Ive heard that Qatar has promised after world cup, they will disassemble stadiums and donate them to other developing countries...

Honestly, I didnt like when I heard the news that Qatar was chosen as host of world cup 2002. They're a very small country in Persian gulf and Its country is smaller than even one province of Iran.

40 years ago Iranian people even didnt count Qatar as a country, and now they are chosen to host world cup while the situation of my country is getting worse and worse... I really feel sorry for my country :um_face:

It is all Qatar's fault for being a small country that most people in the world have never heard of that maybe the situation of your country is getting worse and worse. That is a great reason. I feel sorry for my country as well. We have had strikes from armed forces and police officers, students and so on and the future is looking not very good and all the while a small county like Qatar not even bigger the province get to hold the World Cup. I feel very sorry for my country as well.

drake1900

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 06:40:28 PM »

Ive heard that Qatar has promised after world cup, they will disassemble stadiums and donate them to other developing countries...

Honestly, I didnt like when I heard the news that Qatar was chosen as host of world cup 2002. They're a very small country in Persian gulf and Its country is smaller than even one province of Iran.

40 years ago Iranian people even didnt count Qatar as a country, and now they are chosen to host world cup while the situation of my country is getting worse and worse... I really feel sorry for my country :um_face:

It is all Qatar's fault for being a small country that most people in the world have never heard of that maybe the situation of your country is getting worse and worse. That is a great reason. I feel sorry for my country as well. We have had strikes from armed forces and police officers, students and so on and the future is looking not very good and all the while a small county like Qatar not even bigger the province get to hold the World Cup. I feel very sorry for my country as well.
i think someone is having his period :supsmile:

Taib

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 06:44:39 PM »

Maybe in your country men have periods but not in mine. So must be you.

drake1900

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2010, 06:46:41 PM »

Maybe in your country men have periods but not in mine. So must be you.
Relax man it was just a joke,and if you don't like it  :fingerup:

Kris

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 11:21:32 PM »

Bloody nervous. have fun i hope we get it. If Qatar get this in 2022, whatever credibility FIFA have, would've been thrown out the window.

Im hoping the Poms gets the 2018 bid. Good Luck to the Brits here, im cheering for you  :bravo:

FIFA are dirty have fuks!
The mob and oil cartel, won the World Cup...

It should have gone back to the birth place of football, England and a sport mad country Australia!

Australia ? mad about football? dude football is fancied much in australia it comes after NRL , Cricket , Baseball , basketball.....
Qatar Earned this, they put in alot of efforts for this bid.

Flurf, please dont speak for my country when you say that NRL, Cricket, Baseball & Basketball is bigger than Football?

Fact 1: Football (Soccer) has the highest participation rate of any sport in Australia. This includes the dominant AFL.

Fact 2: With 1/3 less games, and a league which is only 6 seasons old, we (The A-League) average only a few thousand less (attendance figures) than the Brasilian Campionato (Brasil Host 2014) & the Russian Premier League (Russia Host 2018). In the previous world cup year of 2006-2007 our league actually exceeded these leagues averages, as well as the Portuguese, Korean, Belgian, Swiss, Ukrainian and so on. The statistics are quite easy to google. The Qatar league in 2009/10 averaged 1812 people per game, this figure is on par with Victoria's (A state in Australia) 3rd football division.

Fact 3: During the Olympics of 2000. The Olympic football tournament, barring the final was staged in all other capital cities of Australia. Average attendances for these games were phenominal, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_2000_Summer_Olympics#Group_A

This is for an U-23 tournament which in the greater scheme of things means nothing, with little or no stars playing.

Fact 4: The A-league average attendence' in all years has been higher than our domestic cricket, basketball & baseball averages (incidently, this year is the first year we have a baseball league, so how you claim baseball is popular in Australia is beyond me). Only the AFL & the NRL (marginally) have higher figures.

Fact 5: When Australia (Socceroos) play qualifiers & friendly fixtures in Australia. The crowd figures are astronomically higher than the attendences of our other national sides, including Cricket, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Basketball etc...

So all in all, let me just cap off by saying, well done to Qatar for getting the WC. Am i dissapointed? obviously. Did i think we were a chance? A great chance, at worst maybe second to the USA bid. But for Australia to only get "1" vote and Qatar to get 10 in the first round & 11 in the second, with no infrustructure, with no football history, with no sports mad population, with searing uncomfortable 50 degree heat, with a security concern described as "an unsafe nation with high security issues" as described by FIFA's own report is laughable.

If you honestly think they "earnt it" you are the most naive & bloody deluded man on this planet. Petrodollars earnt this World Cup for them, and i will be laughing my head off in 2022 when they fail miserably and FIFA have egg on their face.

Oh yeah, next time, please dont try and educate others on the sporting culture of Australia when you have no idea. The world trusts us for F1, Grand Slam Tennis, Major Golf Tournaments, Olympics (twice), Comm games, World Athletic Meets, Rugby World Cups, League World Cups, Cricket World Cups, World Cycling Championships, World Swimming Championships, Horse Racing, and a host of World Championships in every major sporting code. And not once... have we ever failed to host a brilliant event.

With a population of only 20million, we are by far the sports capital of the world.

Qatar have the "dreamiest" proposals (stadiums, shopping centers, etc.). They have a large fanbase in the Middle East, football is the #1 sport, 1/3 of the games I see online are broadcasted from Al-Jazeera. This World Cup will be similar to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa where the focus was not just for Sotuh Africa, but for all Africa. The same thing can be said for Qatar, its for the Middle East. Football is the best way to bring large numbers of people joy and peace, apparently, why not bring that joy and peace to a place that has almost no peace and lots of corruption??? , but hopefully Qatar can pull it off, they better, their bid proposal was stunning and the 2022 World Cup better be stunning...
Everyone is claiming that the world cup honor has been sold to Qatar , i dont know maybe yes maybe not , but anyways the game as blatter said should expand and obviously Qatar were the only one convincing ,and earned the right to host it , they even let their historical feud with Israel aside (proposed to welcome Israel with open arms into the tournaments) , allowed the alcohol (which is normally prohibited in the country) , outstanding and amazing Stadiums if you see the pics ud be overwhelmed,Qatar’s position as a bridge between East and West means that matches will be broadcast at ideal times for markets in Europe, while Australia is at the end of the world.
Anyway you have answered yourself FIFA doesn't like the fact that it has to compete with AFL, NRL, Rugby Union, and Cricket, kris with all my respect Australia is not prepared to host the world cup not yet, at least for now Qatar dedicated all in order get the honor , while in a country where football is ranked 3d perhaps even if they get this honor they will miserably fail.

Fact: By 2022, 2/3 of the world population, will be in the "Australian Time Zone". In the years 2000 - 2005, 32% of all tv revenue for FIFA came from the asian market. From 2005 - 2010, 53.5% of tv revenue for Fifa came from the asian market. Imagine by 2022?

Fact: No fuc.king world cup is going bring peace to the middle east, what a moronic statement that was. Moses tried, Jesus tried, Mohammed tried... yet FIFA will succeed? Qatar dont even recognise Israel as a nation? However, all the UN mediation and political talk couldnt solve anything, but Qatar will give the Jews a big hug & kiss if they get the WC hey? Hahahaha, ive never laughed so hard.

As for the rest of the tripe you posted, i really cannot be bothered responding to fantasy land ideas and your waahoo ideas of Australia, when most probably you have never even been here (& yes, i can talk about Qatar, I worked in Doha for 7 months). Id be staggered if at least 99% of neutrals dont agree with me that the cup was better off to be hosted in Aus & Not Qatar. As for us being at the end of the world? Oh well, it dosnt bother the 6 million tourists that come here every year.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:23:13 PM by Kris »
FORZA EL ZORRO! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCsTBabaoIw FORZA MVFC!

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 02:51:41 AM »

Where's your country?  :rolley:
we breathe LAZIO

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 07:40:56 AM »

I am fine with both decisions, I'd rather have the world cups in those two countries that in places like England and the US, they both had their shot at a major tournament recently. Australia? no thanks, football is not even that big a spot in Australia and for me they deserve it about as much as the US does. The next european country to get it should be Spain in my opinion.

Qatar is taking this world cup thing extremly seriously and I am confident this was one of the best decisions Fifa has made in years. I like it a lot due to the fact that they are showing they mean business and that they want to impress the world. I don't ever want to see a country host it where the local population doesn't give a damn about it *cough americans*.
Giving another world cup to the US would make me extremly dissapointed and it sucks that Obama was trying to make a point that football needs to come to the US and charm the population. No guess what, we don't want to send the biggest event in football to your country, if you don't care to begin with.

Russia is the biggest country in the world by far and they have done very well in the last 5 years or so internationally, they deserve this chance.

Ps: this post was rewritten several times to ensure people shouldn't take any offence even if their country lost out on the world cup. I expect everyone who reply to it to show me the same courtesy :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:44:50 AM by ilsemprelaziale »
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7