Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: 2018 & 2022 World Cup Host.  (Read 6800 times)

Kris

• Aquila Senior
Re: 2018 & 2022 World Cup Host.
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2011, 11:24:52 PM »

@ Nando I have read before somewhere, possibly in a biased aussie article that we have the highest rate of participation in sports per capita in the world.

But they have Wayne Gretzky & Elvis Stojko. End of argument. Canada wins.  :rolley:

In all seriousness though. I believe that us as Aussies always try and be the best at every sport we participate in & always attempt to go over & above expectations in bidding for & hosting global sporting events. We're so focused on doing better than anyone else, in the hope we prove to the world that we are not some backwater nation. This stubborness & attitute to prove the world wrong is what makes us world champions at the majority of sports we participate in. Trouble is, that most "sports fans" in Europe & North America have their heads so far up their arses that they cannot see past their EPL, NHL, NBA and alike, to appreciate what a great sports nation we are on and off the field.

Is there some kind of inferioirity complex that Australians are focused on doing better then everyone else, they want to prove that they are not some backwater nation in hope?

Anyway, everybody is aware of Australians ability at sports. Certainly had a great demonstration at cricket recently!

Yes... Thats what i just said.

And why would that be?

Because certain people/nations have a superiority complex, and we always like to cut them back down to reality.
FORZA EL ZORRO! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCsTBabaoIw FORZA MVFC!

Taib

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2011, 05:29:53 PM »

@ Nando I have read before somewhere, possibly in a biased aussie article that we have the highest rate of participation in sports per capita in the world.

But they have Wayne Gretzky & Elvis Stojko. End of argument. Canada wins.  :rolley:

In all seriousness though. I believe that us as Aussies always try and be the best at every sport we participate in & always attempt to go over & above expectations in bidding for & hosting global sporting events. We're so focused on doing better than anyone else, in the hope we prove to the world that we are not some backwater nation. This stubborness & attitute to prove the world wrong is what makes us world champions at the majority of sports we participate in. Trouble is, that most "sports fans" in Europe & North America have their heads so far up their arses that they cannot see past their EPL, NHL, NBA and alike, to appreciate what a great sports nation we are on and off the field.

Is there some kind of inferioirity complex that Australians are focused on doing better then everyone else, they want to prove that they are not some backwater nation in hope?

Anyway, everybody is aware of Australians ability at sports. Certainly had a great demonstration at cricket recently!

Yes... Thats what i just said.

And why would that be?

Because certain people/nations have a superiority complex, and we always like to cut them back down to reality.

Name names?! This is going to be so intresting...Never knew it was the Australians duty to cut others back down to reality.

danuel

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2011, 03:08:56 AM »

Hang on a bit here. I like Kris, especially his passion for our country (and our lazio) but he isn't the spokes person for Australia. We are getting off track here. Lets all relax :vcool:.

I repeat, Australia has no inferiority complex or burning desire to "cut others down".

Cheers Mate  :beer:
Non Mollare Mai

Taib

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2011, 05:59:51 PM »

Hang on a bit here. I like Kris, especially his passion for our country (and our lazio) but he isn't the spokes person for Australia. We are getting off track here. Lets all relax :vcool:.

I repeat, Australia has no inferiority complex or burning desire to "cut others down".

Cheers Mate  :beer:

Meh, everything that has to said about the original topic has been said and it has run it is course.

Anyway, just wanted to know since the original comment was so outrageously flagrant I was just wondering what was the thought process behind it. That is all. You can be assured I really have no motivation to engage hostilely with Kris or anyone. I just want to know. That is all.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]