Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 02:02:55 AM 
Started by dimascio - Last post by Cataldi4thewin
childhood Inter fan growing up in Rome idolising Totti and De Rossi. Go easy on him.

You can't fix stupid.

on: Today at 12:17:38 AM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by lazioserbia

on: Today at 12:11:32 AM 
Started by dimascio - Last post by Cathal
Of course he feels a great deal of responsibility wearing those colours - he was a childhood Inter fan growing up in Rome idolising Totti and De Rossi. Go easy on him.

on: Today at 12:03:39 AM 
Started by dimascio - Last post by Evesto
Interviewed before match against Lille, Candreva has been asked what are differences between Lazio and Inda shirt.

His answer was that there are great difference - Inda shirt demands enormous sense of responsibility, Lazio's not so much.

I'll keep benefit of doubt, because I know of which sort Italian journalism this days is made, but Candreva still doesn't bring you great assurance.

He probably feels the need to assure himself he made the right choice.  He achieved nothing with Inter so far so wearing the shirt is the only comfort he has.     :twinkle:

on: Today at 12:02:35 AM 
Started by LofL - Last post by Cathal
He was more positive about Lazio than 1927 in his unveiling.

Sadly for him, not so easy to tell which fanbase is more negative on him.

on: Yesterday at 11:49:28 PM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by Cathal
We're stronger than last season if Marušic, Di Gennaro and Leiva combined prove more valuable than Biglia because essentially, we've signed those three players and only let Biglia go. People can keep mentioning Cataldi, but he wasn't here for most of last season and in that time, results were not affected so why take him into consideration in this debate?

Saying Leiva can't be good because big clubs weren't in for him doesn't make sense when Klose proved to be excellent despite the fact no big clubs wanted him. Saying Marušic will fail because no one has heard of him doesn't make sense because I'd say most of the forum had no idea who Keita was or Anderson or Lulic etc.

If people don't appreciate our new signings that's fine, but some of these arguments don't make a lot of sense.

on: Yesterday at 11:49:23 PM 
Started by dimascio - Last post by Crni Đorđe
Interviewed before match against Lille, Candreva has been asked what are differences between Lazio and Inda shirt.

His answer was that there are great difference - Inda shirt demands enormous sense of responsibility, Lazio's not so much.

I'll keep benefit of doubt, because I know of which sort Italian journalism this days is made, but Candreva still doesn't bring you great assurance.

on: Yesterday at 11:36:50 PM 
Started by LofL - Last post by Crni Đorđe
I still think that he would come to Lazio if we need a leftback and match the price given by Man City.
But we did not.

And our club would never ever go after him.

on: Yesterday at 11:33:36 PM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by Crni Đorđe
you know how you can judge a good player is by seeing how many clubs were previously interested in that player, so tell me how many teams came in for Lucas Leiva, For Adam Murisic and for Di Gennaro?

How many clubs were interested in Candreva,  Lulic, Biglia or Immobile when we signed them?

To be honest, we are stronger at this point than we were last season. I think Leiva is much more influential than Biglia and has a bigger defensive role. Plus younger. Then we have di Gennaro who is a solid transfer a la Parolo - I think that we will get him at the pick of his career. And then we got Marusic who could prove gold.

If it wouldn't be for the Keita saga and the De Vrij unknown, I would say bring a decent backup striker and we are good to go.

We're stronger this year only on basis non-Bielsa-esque scenario in July. That alone make this summer much more pleasant than last one, than those 2015, than those 2014. I don't think that situation around Keita and De Vrij will be influental much with on-field stuffs even if those don't renew. Heard lot of arguments that players who are on risk of free agency will be lacklusture and not committed to team  given their upcoming status, but if they indeed going into free agency they can't allow be unprofessional - otherwise risking weaker negotiation position for next summer.

Just utilize and use them in best possible manner for team - if committed then good for team. If not - surely not going to feel sorry when those two go away for free.

Free agency is much of risk for players as for teams who posses expiring contracts. Imagine season-ending injury during autumn. Surely won't help them when Juventus come in. You must know that, Stefan De Vrij?  :whistle:

on: Yesterday at 11:29:24 PM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by Evesto
Evesto

I knew who was Milinkovic, thanks to Serbia U-Teams and what they did in WC, saw his games + good review from media and other sources.

and what about Marusic? who's he? Why I should believe that he can play good for our team? I never heard about that guy, even when watching Belgium Championship on Setanta, nobody mentioned him that he's having a good season or something like that, even not media resources.

I will be happy to stick in the top 5.

If Lotito reads this forum, he'll be happy for posts like this.

What about Leiva, every Live fan were happy that they got ridden from a junk, so why I should be happy to get Leiva instead of Biglia?

P.S. Maybe Lotito reads this forum and sees that many here are happy for what's happening in team, that's why we still dream to play in CL.

Well, a lot of people did not watch that tournament and never heard of him, so his current status proves to never judge before seeing.  So far during training there hasn't been a negative word about Marusic yet.  But i won't judge untill he's had plenty of matches in Serie A.

Tare started this new style and vision of recruting with Sergej and now proceeds with Marusic.  If it works out good again we can only applaud it.  Even Alberto who was branded as a new failiure upon arrival is beginning to prove his worth. 

----------------------------------

Can't believe it comes to this Biglia discussion again, but since you are new (and i welcome you very much) here we go.

Biglia is a defensive midfielder who's absolutly great at collecting, passing on the ball with safe passing and regulating the tempo of the game.  This is optimal for teams who aim to possession football and the attack is capable of creating chances playing high up the field.  Biglia became the middle point of the team under Pioli when the idea was to pressure high, recover high and aim to profit on the opponents mistake.  It worked for 1 season (reaching a CL spot), afterwords it was straight downhill.  The defence was more exposed then anything else. 

Now we have a coach that is willing to adjust to opponents and really looks to get the players in their most suitable position.  This results in playing long balls and getting in a lot of counterattacks.  Leiva is a much better ball recovering player then Biglia.  Especially against 'better' opponents we should most certainly be safer with Leiva, wich is like having an extra CB during defensive play.  Against much lesser opponents who might park the bus and aim for the counter themselves we normally wouldn't even need Leiva when using the 3-5-2 at times.  Different story in a 4-3-3, then he will be needed to provide more cover for he 2 CB's.  Personally i was hoping to get a more dynamic defensive midfielder, who joins in up front as well but Leiva brings so much experience defensivly, along with a great personality that he's going to be an asset no matter what. 

In short, a Leiva type for a Lazio team with the current assembly of players and style should be much more usefull then a Biglia type.  It's not about getting a name or spending a high amount, it's about getting the a player with the characteristics required for a certain position(s).  Now that Inzaghi is getting his say in the mercato (possibly the first time under Lotito & Tare for a coach) this mercato is actually making sence.  We clearly needed a good dynamic player on the rightwing, Inzaghi approved the signing of Marusic.  We needed a dependable replacement for Biglia who could provide more defensive cover, Inzaghi approved Leiva.  We needed a dependable sub for the midfield when needed with experience, Inzaghi approved Di Gennaro.  For the first time since long all the moves are clear and make sence.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10