News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 08:15:07 AM 
Started by Evesto - Last post by chandraicang
Here I am coming out of the rain

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZTLjEahIJo/

on: Today at 05:58:46 AM 
Started by Caput Mundi - Last post by christ_JM

Btw, if Strakosha will get injured tomorrow, would you start blaming Tare for not having 3-4 goalies ready?

Oh yeah they will.

The atmosphere in the forum is such that as soon as things to bad one takes the fall for all.

No team in the league has more than 4 decent CB. Than, who could predict that Wallace and Bastos would pick muscular injuries in a matter of days.

Being totally honest, I don't even need Strakosha to get hurt to have a problem with not signing a goalkeeper in this window - I still find him totally unconvincing.

But I understand the logic. And for as long as I understand the logic, I can live with it. And it's the same with this centre-back crisis.

Not even slightly?

I think he is confident and has decent reflexes, composure and kicking. He has areas that need work, but I think of the team, in the positions of GK (Strakosha) and Attack (Immobile, Anderson, and Nani/Lulic/Alberto), we are most convincing.

on: Today at 05:24:09 AM 
Started by Evesto - Last post by christ_JM
He gives us a foul, buy only a yellow card to Reina who made the foul outside of the box. A clear scoring chance and a red card for sure. I wasn't sure whether it was actually a foul, from one angle it looked like he got the ball first, but it doesn't really matter. That had to be a red card since the ref already called it.

Unfortunately it does matter, since under new rules introduced last year, a goalkeeper cannot be sent off if he makes a genuine attempt to play the ball.

It was the right decision, sadly.

This rule is open to abuse and was abused by Reina.

He made it seem as if he was making a genuine attempt knowing that he was going to foul Immobile.

That is not what the rule was brought in for.

on: Today at 04:35:52 AM 
Started by Evesto - Last post by chandraicang
He gives us a foul, buy only a yellow card to Reina who made the foul outside of the box. A clear scoring chance and a red card for sure. I wasn't sure whether it was actually a foul, from one angle it looked like he got the ball first, but it doesn't really matter. That had to be a red card since the ref already called it.

Unfortunately it does matter, since under new rules introduced last year, a goalkeeper cannot be sent off if he makes a genuine attempt to play the ball.

Didn't know about that.  :beer:

Dont worry, strakosha didnt know either. He should brave and do a tackle on the 3rd goal. Yellow card anyway

on: Today at 03:55:01 AM 
Started by Cathal - Last post by dinhochester
So Prce cant even play.
The last few days of the last mercato really show how amateur is our management.
Cant believe it. It is like the biggest joke.
Cant believe if Inzaghi wont be pissed so much of Tare. I am.

on: Today at 03:40:08 AM 
Started by LaziAli - Last post by dinhochester
My preferred lineup:

Strakosha
         Luiz Devrij Radu
Patric Parolo Luis Sergej Lulic
       Immobile Caicedo

If Devrij is not fit then 442 for me

Strakosha
      Patric Luiz Radu Lulic
Marusic Leiva Sergej Lukaku
       Immobile Caicedo       

on: Today at 02:48:45 AM 
Started by Caput Mundi - Last post by dinhochester
Applying the same logic from the defender case.
Even we are signing 2 more goalkeepers, if all of them are injured we are in crisis.
So, we should not blame Tare if Strakosha is injured and the fact that Tare not getting any goalkeepers.
We are just unlucky with the injury situation.
The portugese trio is different case and would be useful. The money is well spent.

on: Yesterday at 11:50:29 PM 
Started by Caput Mundi - Last post by Akha
Being totally honest, I don't even need Strakosha to get hurt to have a problem with not signing a goalkeeper in this window - I still find him totally unconvincing.

Yup, same here. I've been scratching my head all summer why there are no rumours of a new keeper being linked with us. Strakosha, Vargić, Guerrieri - I mean, just read these names, I like Thomas but I'm not sure about him, I want to see him to have it, but so far I just don't know. Vargić is a guy who's spent entire career before Lazio in Croatia and no offence but it speaks for itself, while Guerrieri is famous for Coppa Primavera victory and Serie B blunders and Marchetti has vanished - I just wish him good health and everything, I like Federico, but surely we could have done better here.

Sometimes I get the impression that our management takes this approach to the extreme, just like the previous one, but in the opposite direction. Now we are not splashing cash like crazy and hope it works fine but we are not spending it at all and still hope everything will be alright.

I mean, yes I understand (coming back to def department) that Caceres is available when the winter mercato starts and nobody anticipated a situation like this one but you always need numbers at the back. Personally, I'd feel better if we had to put our Primavera and guys with no Serie A experience in our attacking department or mid than as we had to do now, in def (and with numbers I mean guys who have some experience under their belt, names like Spolli, Gamberini come to mind - not that precisely they were available but you know, the general idea).

on: Yesterday at 11:33:39 PM 
Started by Caput Mundi - Last post by Evesto
The day when the mercato ended i remember posting ' beware of Murphy's law '.
Today the article on LLSN about the current situation is titled, dare i say it ' Murphy's law '.

I'm not trying to look good in any way by bringing this up (not to kind of situation one wants to brag about, but rather throw up on), but it does show if forummembers like us are aware of such things and realize the risk on the very first moment, why doens't Lazio-management do .... ?

Actually i believe they did.  Inzaghi clearly did, he asked for a Hoedt replacement openly to the press, putting pressure on Tare and the club.  Tare probably did negotiate for Peluso on that last mercato day but it didn't work out, then ended calling back Prce (who at current seemingly can't play because of contractual reasons with Brescia broken upon his recall).  That doesn't look good either on Tare.  Not providing a sub for Hoedt and then calling back a loaned out player without looking into the contract situation.   :roll_eyes:

He should just step up now and take care of business.  Bring in Mauricio or sign Ziegler (or another free player).  Luiz Felipe might have something for the future but throwing him into to this could go wrong quickly.

on: Yesterday at 11:18:41 PM 
Started by Evesto - Last post by lazioserbia

Didn't know about that.  :beer:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10