Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 12:32:22 PM 
Started by Amir - Last post by Cathal
Delneri sacked by Udinese. Massimo Oddo expected to come in. That'll be interesting.

on: Today at 12:22:41 PM 
Started by LaziAli - Last post by Cathal
Now after the derby loss and that extra Udine game to Play in january... it could be so important to save energy in EL...

Glad, now, that we are through...

We've 10 games to play between now and at the end of the year. If we don't give all our key players the night off, then we're going to have to consider rotating for league games and the Coppa. I don't fancy playing Inter at the San Siro after Christmas with anyone having played 10 games in 6 weeks.

I'm eagerly anticipating training reports. I want to see plenty of Primavera names.

on: Today at 09:42:28 AM 
Started by LaziAli - Last post by Don
Now after the derby loss and that extra Udine game to Play in january... it could be so important to save energy in EL...

Glad, now, that we are through...

on: Today at 09:22:28 AM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by blue-white
Nothing to worry about, we have Mauricio.

on: Yesterday at 10:08:21 PM 
Started by Cathal - Last post by Giolazio
Its unclear who will run, or eventually win, the FIGC spot, but I think whoever takes it on will be under heavy pressure to carry through the reforms spoke of elsewhere.

More pressure than normal, sure, but heavy pressure? The powers that be have been talking about an 18-team Serie A for the last 10 years, Tavecchio spoke about it from the moment he was elected FIGC president, but has it happened?

The public might want an 18-team league, but no professional football club owner in their right mind actually wants it to happen. It would mean the next time TV rights are sold that there's less games to sell, so Serie A clubs lose money and as for Serie B, C and D clubs, well, why on earth would they want two less spots in Serie A when that's where they all want to be?

The guy who runs as a candidate for the FIGC presidency that actually wants reform and makes an 18-team Serie A a priority hasn't got a hope.

They have talked about reform for a while yes, but I honestly think that with missing out on the World Cup for the first time in 70 something years is something that they are not taking lightly. Those that want reforms - Malago among them - are going to use this as an "excuse", the time is now sort of thing, and those against it have got less to argue with.

I think the 18 team league will happen, ive heard a lot of people are for it. Lotito included I believe.
Malago speaking yesterday compared Italy to Germany a lot and I feel they want to follow that structure more closely.
Personally I dont want an 18 team league, I want it to stay at 20. But I am in agreement with the stricter rules on foreign players.

Out of interest why don't you want an 18 team league? I'm all for it. Save 4 match days. That time could be given to the Nazionale for example.

Come one GIO! You really want to watch 4 games less?

I think 20 is fine as it is. If English teams can handle their schedule then we should too!

:supsmile:

It's the least of the problems anyway but to be honest though I don't really eagerly anticipate Lazio - Benevento or Lazio - Frosinone

on: Yesterday at 10:04:48 PM 
Started by Cathal - Last post by Cathal
Don't think they want to be different, just to go back to what seemed to work. Historically Serie A is not a 20 team league.

Going back to what worked in the 90s or 00s - which seems to be 'reform' to some - is only going to set Italy back another few decades, no?

The 18-team league wouldn't be as it was before. There wouldn't be 4 down, 4 up. The whole attraction of it is that it would create a monopoly.

on: Yesterday at 09:58:33 PM 
Started by Cathal - Last post by valdanito
Its unclear who will run, or eventually win, the FIGC spot, but I think whoever takes it on will be under heavy pressure to carry through the reforms spoke of elsewhere.

More pressure than normal, sure, but heavy pressure? The powers that be have been talking about an 18-team Serie A for the last 10 years, Tavecchio spoke about it from the moment he was elected FIGC president, but has it happened?

The public might want an 18-team league, but no professional football club owner in their right mind actually wants it to happen. It would mean the next time TV rights are sold that there's less games to sell, so Serie A clubs lose money and as for Serie B, C and D clubs, well, why on earth would they want two less spots in Serie A when that's where they all want to be?

The guy who runs as a candidate for the FIGC presidency that actually wants reform and makes an 18-team Serie A a priority hasn't got a hope.

They have talked about reform for a while yes, but I honestly think that with missing out on the World Cup for the first time in 70 something years is something that they are not taking lightly. Those that want reforms - Malago among them - are going to use this as an "excuse", the time is now sort of thing, and those against it have got less to argue with.

I think the 18 team league will happen, ive heard a lot of people are for it. Lotito included I believe.
Malago speaking yesterday compared Italy to Germany a lot and I feel they want to follow that structure more closely.
Personally I dont want an 18 team league, I want it to stay at 20. But I am in agreement with the stricter rules on foreign players.

Out of interest why don't you want an 18 team league? I'm all for it. Save 4 match days. That time could be given to the Nazionale for example.

Come one GIO! You really want to watch 4 games less?

I think 20 is fine as it is. If English teams can handle their schedule then we should too!

on: Yesterday at 09:57:55 PM 
Started by Cathal - Last post by Giolazio
I dont know to be honest, I dont really have a good reason! England, Spain and France have 20 teams, so why do Italy want to be different!

Don't think they want to be different, just to go back to what seemed to work. Historically Serie A is not a 20 team league.

As I touched on above, NT managers always complain about the lack of time they have with the squad. Imagine 4 match days freed up every season.

on: Yesterday at 09:55:41 PM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by Evesto
Caceres on rightback with Verona and scores, just to say .....  :twinkle:

-------------------

And ends up losing with another below average performance.
Verdi on the other had the shining light of Bologna.

on: Yesterday at 09:33:57 PM 
Started by Cathal - Last post by Stefano6
I dont know to be honest, I dont really have a good reason! England, Spain and France have 20 teams, so why do Italy want to be different!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10