Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 on: Yesterday at 12:47:03 AM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by Stefano6
Yeah Iím speaking strictly about the city as a place to live, not the team, my love of the team will never die whether I live here or Milan or Spain or wherever. But SS Lazio is only 2 hours a week, the other 6 days and 22hrs is just normal life!

Lazio as a region is large and the countryside is beautiful, especially to the north as you start to get toward Tuscany and Umbria.

on: Yesterday at 12:06:48 AM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by Evesto
I dont want to go too much off topic and anyone who is interested feel free to PM me, but, and I never normally say this because I respect others opinions, but those who say Rome is best are simply wrong  :beer:

In all seriousness, spend a prolonged amount of time here. You cant base it on a few days trip to watch Lazio play, and compare it because there are more shops in Milan.

Its everything, infrastructure, cleanliness, transport, beaurocracy, people.

Milan as a city is lightyears ahead. It just works. The transport system is on par with that of London, its pretty clean for a large city, the services are abundant and work, the beaurocracy while still present is better because the people care.

Rome is crowded, dirty, the transport is a joke, when it runs because they are constantly on strike, and the people have no sense of respect for their city. Native romans are the first to complain about everything, but always point the finger at anyone else, while not realising they themselves are half the problem.

Sure its amazing to be surrounded by all the history, and its incredibly lucky to be able to go for a walk and stroll past the colosseum or piazza navona, but in all honestly if I was offered a transfer to Milan, id move tomorrow.

Sorry, rant over!

Wasn't arguing about this but just want to say you are making a very sensible and still neutral point.
I have no problem with it being what it is, i'm a fan of the clubs' history, achievements, teams, colors, players and symbols.
Rome is the setting around it.  If Lazio was the exact same club but in Milan it probably wouldn't have made much difference for me when the infatuation started 2 decades ago. 

Of course it saddens me to read your honest point of view and wish you'd feel more positive about your city.
On the other hand since most local Merda supporters probably live in the city some of the mess isn't surprising ..  :twinkle:

Lazio is more then Rome as far as i've known, it's the whole region.  But i don't know if you call it that.

on: Yesterday at 12:05:03 AM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by christ_JM
I dont want to go too much off topic and anyone who is interested feel free to PM me, but, and I never normally say this because I respect others opinions, but those who say Rome is best are simply wrong  :beer:

In all seriousness, spend a prolonged amount of time here. You cant base it on a few days trip to watch Lazio play, and compare it because there are more shops in Milan.

Milan as a city is lightyears ahead. It just works. The transport system is on par with that of London, its pretty clean for a large city, the services are abundant and work, the beaurocracy while still present is better because the people care.

Rome is crowded, dirty, the transport is a joke, when it runs because they are constantly on strike, and the people have no sense of respect for their city. Native romans are the first to complain about everything, but always point the finger at anyone else, while not realising they themselves are half the problem.

Sure its amazing to be surrounded by all the history, and its incredibly lucky to be able to go for a walk and stroll past the colosseum or piazza navona, but in all honestly if I was offered a transfer to Milan, id move tomorrow.

Sorry, rant over!
This sounds like you are describing most Greeks i.e. living on past glories.

I don't mean to cause offence and this is of course a grand generalisation but my experience with Greeks from Greece are that they complain about their dire financial state and they are owed something because of the exploits of the ancient Greeks.

Most don't work hard (or at all) and yes there is not much work, but there is not much motivation to work.

Everytime I visit Greece someone will say "you Australian Greeks think you a better than us". I think it is some sort of insecurity from the fact that the nation of Greece has fallen from a superpower historically (though this occurred a long time ago).

Now the Greeks are selling their ports to Chinese "investors" for a quick buck. And they wonder why they are only seen as a tourist destination  :rolley:

on: January 17, 2018, 10:56:30 PM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by Stefano6

Sorry, rant over!

on: January 17, 2018, 08:28:57 PM 
Since it's very quiet in this week without games and low mercato activity, maybe some follow up on old targets.

Yesterday i witnessed Club Brugge beat Charleroi 5-1 (the 2 title candidates), with Jordy Clasie simply dominating midfield in the exact same task like Leiva and also thesame tactic and formation.  I was so impressed by his performance that it made me curious again how he would have done here.

Ntep (who many of us were excited about when he came close, including me), completely failed at Wolfsburg and is getting loaned out to St. Etienne.

How things can differ ...  :roll_eyes:

on: January 17, 2018, 06:33:24 PM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by ilsemprelaziale
I can see why the wives of the football players would like Milano more than Rome..fashion etc. But to me Rome is just a much nicer city, then again I do love history.

If you're the type of person who likes fashion and sitting in a cafe drinking latte then yea Milano might be great. For everyone else, Rome is the best  :supsmile: :supsmile: :supsmile: :supsmile: :supsmile:

on: January 17, 2018, 06:22:32 PM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by campiador
To look at and spend a few days holiday in, yes. To live here, no, Milan is much more "livable".

Just out of curiosity, can you please explain further? I never have been to Milan. Only spent a few days at Rome.

on: January 17, 2018, 02:17:54 PM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by Roman_Eagle
an interista website claims DV will renue to 2019, but there is a clause which will automatically bring it up to 2021 if we make CL this season

on: January 17, 2018, 06:58:23 AM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by blue_sky
Latest news from Llsn that we are after Daniel Bessa.
Good choice Imo who quality between Murgia and Leiva.
And he is 25 with 5-6 million.

Hoping it's going well. If he joins, our goal in 3 competition is make sense

I read his agent is looking for a club that is willing to take him a step up from Verona and pay up 5 to 6 mill.  He claims Lazio, Torino and Fiorentina would be interested.

Hopefully he will join us. EL is round robin tournament where it's risky to rely the midfielder only by Murgia, Genarro and Micelli.
Some of our players can cover the three midfielder positions like Lulic and Luis Alberto.
But for goalkeeper position, if Strakosha is unavailable, is Vargic good enough?

LA is not enough capable to do DM position while Lulic is old enough to have inconsistent performance.
For goalkeeper, I choose to keep as it's. Vargic may be shaky. But the only he needs is time playing. He was a national member Croatia. He needs his touching heal game by game

on: January 17, 2018, 05:37:38 AM 
Latest news from Llsn that we are after Daniel Bessa.
Good choice Imo who quality between Murgia and Leiva.
And he is 25 with 5-6 million.

Hoping it's going well. If he joins, our goal in 3 competition is make sense

I read his agent is looking for a club that is willing to take him a step up from Verona and pay up 5 to 6 mill.  He claims Lazio, Torino and Fiorentina would be interested.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10