Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: January 16, 2018, 09:40:42 AM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by Cathal
I think the situation is much simpler than is being made out - he wants to stay until the end of the season and if we make Champions League, he's happy to stay another year. Then he wants to make his big move. And he can't do this without a short-term contract and a low buyout clause. Lazio accept a low buyout clause as it's not embarrassingly low and it's better than nothing.

on: January 16, 2018, 09:32:17 AM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by drazvan
For me it is simple: he never said that Lazio was his end station. He is a player with high ambitions and has honestly always said to want to play in Barcelona or Man Utd when the time is right. But he always declared affection for our colors and always showed respect. He sees us as the best thing that happened to his growth. So I can accept this. I guess he is at the point where he has to figure out if he is world class material or not - if a super team (and Milan or Inter were not good enough) will come knocking, I am sure that he will leave. If not - he might stay here for some time. In any case we will get at least 25 mil, so we cannot be too upset about it. 

on: January 16, 2018, 09:18:25 AM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by Stefano6
He obviously wasnt desperate to leave otherwise he would have just said no way back at the start and his agent would be pushing more for a transfer and releasing statements about ambition and champions league and bla bla

But at the same time, he probably isnt that convinced with the long term "project" (to use a word you all love!) and by that I mean he probably isnt convinced that if we make the champions league we will stay there and itll be a consistent thing. A sentiment im sure we all share.

So essentially, were currently going great and he is by far the best defender, so he isnt desperate to jump ship.. but at the same time he doesnt want to be tied down to us for years with Lotito not wanting to sell and other clubs being put off by a high price that Lotito would ask, hence the very low buy out clause.

To be honest its win win for us both.
We get to keep our best defender, at least until summer (where if an offer comes in it will be up to De Vrij to decide, so nothing changes) and if he does leave we get some money for him,   and he still gets the freedom to have a choice on his future based on where we finish and what his alternative is.

on: January 16, 2018, 02:50:17 AM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by Evesto
1 year is a total joke, he is definitely leaving this summer.

It's sky and nothing yet from the club itself so that's pure speculation.  The only thing every rumour seems to agree on is the 25mill.  Will get info later this week surely.

Even if it's only 1 year it's still what we needed and that's not losing him for free.

I'd like to try and keep him beyond just 1 year. We lose him our backline is in shambles.

He's the leader at the back that's true but at some point it will end and Tare will have to replace him.  Is it this summer or next that shouldn't make much difference as long as the replacement comes early during summer preparation.  Of course it would be nice to go into the CL (if we make it) with him instead of with a new arrival.  All depending on the new arrival's experience of course.  De Vrij isn't experienced on CL either, he fell apart at Leverkusen as well.

1 game isn't a good sample size for his European experience. He'll do just fine.

Well in all fairness he had to play with Mauricio next to him who messed up, and Pioli's style left the defence pretty exposed at times.

He had a tournament with Holland under Van Gaal where he was solid but he didn't experience much pressure.  He played RCB in a 5-3-2.

on: January 16, 2018, 02:39:56 AM 
Started by ilsemprelaziale - Last post by dinhochester
I think our previous goalkeeper strategy was quite good.
We had Marchetti as a league goalkeeper and Berisha as cup goalkeeper.
There was a competition at goalkeeper position at that time compare to now.
I think competition at every position is important and there is none in goalkeeper position right now.
Vargic/ Guerrieri/ Marchetti are seems not good enough to give competition to Strakosha.

on: January 16, 2018, 01:33:12 AM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by Nando87

It's sky and nothing yet from the club itself so that's pure speculation.  The only thing every rumour seems to agree on is the 25mill.  Will get info later this week surely.

Even if it's only 1 year it's still what we needed and that's not losing him for free.

I'd like to try and keep him beyond just 1 year. We lose him our backline is in shambles.

He's the leader at the back that's true but at some point it will end and Tare will have to replace him.  Is it this summer or next that shouldn't make much difference as long as the replacement comes early during summer preparation.  Of course it would be nice to go into the CL (if we make it) with him instead of with a new arrival.  All depending on the new arrival's experience of course.  De Vrij isn't experienced on CL either, he fell apart at Leverkusen as well.

1 game isn't a good sample size for his European experience. He'll do just fine.

on: January 16, 2018, 12:55:40 AM 
Started by Giolazio - Last post by edo_shehb
I really liked this :happy:

while the meme was great and all, I dont think SGE can take that much of credit for all his player that become coach today

Mancini perhaps, or miha, others not so much

on: January 16, 2018, 12:50:08 AM 
Started by ilsemprelaziale - Last post by Hadi Van Der Vaart
But what do u expect? Nobody will come to be Strakosha's sub. You will only get another Vargic.
I dont know how much Strakosha earns now, but his sub wouldnt be more than that n make our choice limited.

on: January 15, 2018, 11:26:00 PM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by Evesto

on: January 15, 2018, 11:17:38 PM 
Started by Crni Đorđe - Last post by Nando87

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]